It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:34 am

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
 College 
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Ok, so I like, JUST got a call from one of the administrators (of the college, not Psypoke >.>) and I was officially accpeted into The University of Tampa. :D

So I was wondering if any one from Psypoke is in or plans to go to college, and if they are currently enrolled, any advice for a future freshman?

Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:30 pm
Profile YIM
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I want to go to Princeton.

Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:55 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

gfgiofsdgsdfigmslfgisdflginsdfogisdpfogsf

Last edited by Sparrow on Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:17 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

TechMath wrote:
I want to go to Princeton.

Same. I really want to go there, and if not that then Yale. But it would be easier for me to get into Princeton, because my step-grandfather has made a lot of donations to the college (they named the pool and the press box after him).

Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:26 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: I'm stuck somewhere... Not quite sure where that is though.
I plan on going to college but I don't really know the names of any colleges.

Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:44 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I'm planning to go to the University of Ottawa, I think. I kind of want to go to McGill in Montreal, but it may not agree with my career plans.

I'm totally psyched but a little nervous. Still got two and a half years though.

Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:45 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I was at Prairie View for about a semester. I'm planning on going to a better college when...well if I get accepted at Boise State but I'll just have to wait and see.

Advice: The only thing I can really tell you is to ask alot of questions, especially if your on a campus you've never been on, plus if it's out of state. Get to know your professors and academic advisers(person who will be adding, dropping, and helping you pick your future courses).

Other than that stay on top of your grades of course and get involved on the campus.

Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:59 pm
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Princeton, eh? I'm looking at that place too. In fact, I've got an interview tomorrow with them. I'd rather go to Washington University, but if they don't take me and Princeton does, I might as well go.

Advice for college: I'm not in college yet, but from the experiences of others, I can tell you this much (obvious) advice: focus on your studies. Don't be some drunken partier. You'd regret it in the end.

Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:05 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

If you read my blog, you already know this, but I'm a sophmore at St. Olaf College, a small liberal arts college in Minnesota. :P
As for advice with regards to college... I dunno. There's so much and so little that can be said on the subject. One interesting piece of advice I heard recently, though, is to spend your freshman year more focused on building friendships that will last the rest of your college career than on doing really really well in your classes... I don't know how I feel about that advice, since I focused on my classes my first year, but also got involved with a lot of groups on campus that have led to some good friendships.
And I'm not even going to try to give you advice about girls in college. I evidently still haven't figured that one out myself. :P

Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:47 am
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Advice: Learn when the best times to find a parking space are. Nothing sucks more than getting to the campus and finding that all of the good spots are taken. Having to use a parking garage over and over will drain your wallet.

Persistence ends resistence.

3DS FC: 5069-4148-2325 (please PM to exchange)
Poison Friend Safari: Seviper, Ariados, and Whirlipede.

Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:33 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Congratulations.

http://data.bolton.ac.uk/courses/course ... university

http://www.chester.ac.uk/undergraduate/psychology.html

I've been accepted into these two (out of six, I haven't heard from the others yet). Either way, I plan on attending the top link - Bolton University.

Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:13 pm
Super Saiyan
Super Saiyan

College is still a little way down the road for me yet, as I'm only a sophomore in high school. Time flies though. However cliché that sounds, it's holding true for me. Getting into the Massachusetts Institute of Technology would be amazing because of their computer science lab. It may sound like a long shot, but if I actually try in the remaining semesters of my education I'm sure I can pull of some impressive scores. Anyways, congratulations to Sneaky_Sneasel on acceptance, and good luck with your next chapter in life.

Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:46 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

University of Tampa! I was just in Tampa in December to go to Busch Gardens for Physics Day. Congratulations! It looked like a nice area. Better than filthy ol' Jacksonville.

I hear from the University of Florida next Friday after Singles Awareness Day. I'm expecting the worse since they really only pick smart people with freaking 4.7 GPAs and SAT scores of 1400.

If I don't get in there, I'm going to do two years at FCCJ and then I'll transfer to UF. I wanna go so bad. Been a Gator since fourth grade.

Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:37 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I hope to go to UGA or GT or UVA or Cornell or NYU or University of Chicago. :D
If my PSAT score says anything, it says that I can probably get into 3-4 of the 6. Which is pretty good. My grades are kind of lame, but that's due to the rigor of my schedule. The colleges will notice that I participate in Drama and Speech and Debate hopefully, and they'll recognize that I'm a hardworking student. . . .hopefully.

If I were to be accepted to all of them, I would go to NYU. :D

NYU > UVA > GT > Cornell > UIC > UGA
:]

Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:35 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I'm only a Junior in high school, but I've visited 4 campuses. I think I may go to UW-Superior and transfer to Michigan Tech to get a dual-degree in Biology and Forestry. I've gotten letters from Purdue and Iowa as well.

"A recent survey stated that the average person's greatest fear is having to give a speech in public. Somehow this ranked even higher than death which was third on the list. So, you're telling me that at a funeral, most people would rather be the guy in the coffin than have to stand up and give a eulogy." - Jerry Springfield

Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:22 am
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

I just got accepted today to SUNY New Paltz. I've known about CUNY Hunter for a long time.

I'm most likely going to Hunter, seeing as its like $11K cheaper.

Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:29 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

I was a student at John Jay College of Criminal Justice a CUNY school (City Universty New York) then transfered over to La Guardia Community College also a CUNY school as they offered Photography as a major and im very interested in photography.

And SUNY for you non new yorkers is State University New York

Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:04 am
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]