According to Frost's chart, I would be a geek for the following reasons:

-I know way to much detail about every Pokemon
-27% of the music on my Ipod is from a video game
-On top of my shelf lies the Halo Reach limited edition statue
-For Halloween I spent 21 hours making a Zelda costum
-The shirt I am wearing right now is from Cows and says "Super Moorio"
-I clocked 600+ hours on Pokemon Heart Gold
-I skipped 8th grade
-My average last year was 101.37% (there were bonus questions on exams)

Obviously the is obsession and intelligence there, but no social awkwardness. I have plenty of friends and can't complain about my standing on the social ladder. So yeah, I'm a geek.

{latias} Black FC: 1463 5647 1777 {latios}

Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:01 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
People never apply terms like nerd properly it seems...

That being said, I do venture into some geeky or even nerdy activities which are;

1. Video Games (alot)
2. Forums (not alot)
3. Anime (alot)
4. Manga (alot)
5. Internet (the interwebs :lol: )
6. Other countries cultures (in my case, just Japan)
7. Perfectionism (trying to be perfect or close to it in anything at all)
8. Music (really just J-music & video game music, otherwise it's a no go)
9. Mythology (or really History at all could fit into this)
10. Trading Card games (Yugioh mainly but that has just died hard, Pokemon I am gaining a re-interest in & Magic the Gathering I am interested in trying but like any TCG, the funds required to do so is killing my chances to remain interested in any of them so not much)

Basically, to be as cruelly blunt as I am capable of being, "modern society is pretty much a nerd, thus it's general population are pretty much nerds", me included...

Statement to be taken with a grain of salt if that even helps in this case...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:46 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I never liked the term "nerd," because I feel it implies that intelligence is a bad thing.

Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:52 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
pelligargetic wrote:
I never liked the term "nerd," because I feel it implies that intelligence is a bad thing.

Truer words have barely been spoken ever, yes, I also feel that it implies the same thing, meh...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:54 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I'm the president of my school's chapter of Mu Alpha Theta and secretary of my school's chapter of National Science Honor Society.
I like Manga, Pokemon, Anime, Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Dragon Quest, and Tetris. I've had a celebrity crush on Taylor Swift for as long as I can remember. I love Skirllex and Gaga. I have Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and plan to get Google+. I love Apple products. I hate posts with numerous typos, continuous L3375P34K, and grammar issues.
~Pegir

Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:57 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I'm the president of my school's chapter of Mu Alpha Theta and secretary of my school's chapter of National Science Honor Society.
I like Manga, Pokemon, Anime, Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Dragon Quest, and Tetris. I've had a celebrity crush on Taylor Swift for as long as I can remember. I love Skirllex and Gaga. I have Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and plan to get Google+. I love Apple products. I hate posts with numerous typos, continuous L3375P34K, and grammar issues.
~Pegir

Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:57 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Honestly? I don't think it matters. I mean we're all here and we all seem to get along with each other pretty well, right? So I think it's best we just enjoy that.

-Outside of these forums and our talks here though, I'm not socially awkward, I just don't like or trust many people, which limits my local friends which further limits me meeting new people.
-I can be useful when it comes to playing certain video games [Pokemon, Saints Row (Both), Halo, COD, Brink, SoulCalibur, Ratchet&Clank etc...]
-I can also be useful when it comes to other things [Wiring your kitchen, Mixing&Pouring cement, Changing tires & brakes on a car, and the other stuff a lot of people seem to pay to have done. Babysitting (Although its double-standards that kill male babysitting, if it weren't for that I might actually be able to make money by watching kids.)]
-Of course with having so much time on my hands, I tend to do things of no purpose, looking up extra random information on Pokemon, googling secrets or something for Saints Row 2, checking online for glitches in Brink, watching B-rated movies that may or may not be completely obvious knock-offs of a blockbuster hit [Like watching the entire series of Avatar: The Last Airbender, just to compare it later to Shamalayan's version which....was atrocious.]

I don't know. You guys can take all that for what it's worth really.

An old team I had an idea for. Criticism is appreciated.

SoulSilver-- 1892-9981-0071

Diamond-- 5414-8714-8656

Trading thread-- viewtopic.php?f=36&t=27567

Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:31 pm
Profile YIM
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Location: On Pilgramage, on this nice little planet called Earth. I don't think they've noticed me yet.
Ok, so, I'm new on this forum, so explaining why I'm a nerd may be a good way to introduce myself. I play way to many violent video games, spend too much free time on my IPad, and overall have a second double-life lead by the side of me that cannot function properly without video games (did I say that out loud?). So, often I, and most nerds, get asked the question "what do you do when the power goes out, or you go on vacation, or you just don't have video games? Well, a common response is... Well.... :frustrated: So there you have it. I hope to be friends with all of you, and your possibly secret nerdy double-life.

Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:29 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I think being a father raises me from being a nerd to "cool dad"..

..at least until my daughter turns 13 and grows out of the nerdy stuff I'm in to.

-Pokemon battling
-Play just about everything made by Nippon Ichi, Gust, Atlus.
-Listen to almost purely Video game music, j-pop and anime themes.
-Have my little pony figures.
-Listen to NPR. (Science Friday!)
-Watch various kids cartoons.
-Studio Ghibli DVD collection.
-Scientific American subscription.
-Lots of books on Food Science

My daughter has a set of these: Mad scientist ABC blocks

Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:43 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Id just wish to point that nerds rule the world. Seriously without [US, the world as we know it would not exist.

And yeah im a nerd. I play pokemon, DFO. I watch daily planet, Mythbusters, Anceint aliens, weird or what, or anyother Science show that interests. Heck Im taking a course to be Tech support.

--I AM A NERD AND PROUD OF IT!--

Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:33 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I'm a nerd and I'm not ashamed to say it. We might get picked on now, but just wait till we become millionaires for designing an app or finding a new dinosaur or whatnot! Then we can laugh at those who pick on us as they go about their boring day job! :twisted:

Being a nerd is a whole lot more fun than being a jerky football player (no offense non-jerky football players :mrgreen: ). Even though I would never tell people I play Pokemon, I currently have an above 100 average in two classes and spend most of my free time fiddling with technology. I watch "the boring channels," don't have a Facebook, and will take every and any opportunity to tell a corny joke. So yeah, I'm a nerd, but I don't mind.

Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:51 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Reasons why Im a nerd:

-I'm on a pokemon forum. Nuff said
-I'm a big train buff, and can hardly resist them
-I can't sprint even short-ish distances without getting whipped out
-I love algebra and math in general. I also like working with computers
-I like Rush, which is pretty much a 'nerd band'- just listen to the song Subdivisions. I also like progressive music in general
-I HATE pop and rap music, and at my school, that's being an automatic nerd

:geek: :ugeek: :geek: :ugeek: :geek: :ugeek: :geek: :ugeek: :geek: :ugeek: :geek: :ugeek: :geek: :ugeek: :geek: :ugeek: :geek: :ugeek: :geek: :ugeek: :geek: :ugeek: :geek: :geek: :ugeOH NOES C-C-COMBO BREAKER!!

Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:33 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Galar wrote:
I
I love The Big Bang Theory, but half of the time I have no idea what the main characters are talking about or doing. I mean, I can, for example, say "they're playing an online RPG together", but I can't really dwelve on the matter.
(

OMG BIG BANG THEORY IS AWSOME!!
and im embarresed to say i understand most of what they say...oh well
I AM A NERD!! dont be going round saying diffrent >(^-_-^)<
i LOVE cats
i GOOGLE everything
as well as pokemon i love final fantasy kingdom hearts and minecraft which is a cool game suposedly lol it defo whiffs of nerdiness
my music tastes aint nerdy so il skip them
i read ALOT
hmm by the looks of it im a nerd...lol
signing out
one nerdy raven

Watch your habits, for they become character.
Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.
DOWN WITH PIKACHU!!

Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:17 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

It bugs me how quickly and proudly people label themselves as geeks/nerds. Virtually everybody is a geek for something. Video games. Science. Movies. Cars. Sports. Women. Think about it.

And on the flipside, everything is cool. What you like doesn't lock you into any kind of character type unless you let it. What you say and do and how you interact with other people is where you really come from.

That being said, I think I'm cool. I'm who I want to be. And that's pretty valuable.

Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:49 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

skeletons got a point...but theres something satisfying about being a nerd i cant put my finger on it but its there...

Watch your habits, for they become character.
Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.
DOWN WITH PIKACHU!!

Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:11 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Going by the Venn diagram I am a dork. :'|

Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:17 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

According to that circle thing (i forget its name) that Frost put, i would be a Geek.

- I reckon I know just about everything to do with the Pokemon (main series) games. Definitely when it comes to E's/ IV's and game mechanics.
- My main passion is programming. I am working towards A level courses in computing and maths and will be in University in the near future. Doing Computer Science and going down the programming route obviously.
- I watch a lot of anime and read a lot of Manga (I'm not even going to bother listing it)
- I am 'full of useless crap' according to my friends

I am not going to categorise myself under nerd/geek or whatever. I'd rather leave that to others to make that decision. But regardless, i have fun doing it so I really couldn't give a damn whether people mean it in a good or bad way.

Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:10 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

None of us are any different. Despite how stupid some people may seem, everyone has a passion. Intellectual pursuits just aren't as gratifying. People have a hard time understanding that.

Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:35 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I'm more of a floater.
I'm not a nerd, though I am very smart, especially since Geometry and English does not challenge me in school.
Geek, possibly. I haunt the forums here half the time I'm awake, as you can see by my odd posting times and ridiculously large post count for a user of 3 months! I also am obsessed with video games, and know a lot about computers.
I'm also a very good counterhacker and can make honeypots like no tomorrow.

Goodbye
"

Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:53 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Just saying!
Nerds=Smart, overachieving person
Geek=Person who never sees light, techie, etc...
That`s just me.
But anyways, im a "Nerd" because i go the extra mile, i get all 90s and in grade school staright A`s! Thats me and my schooling.
Im a geek because, im addicted to pokemon, COD and the internet.

Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:48 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2