It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Do you travel often?? 
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Im the kind of person who loves to experience other cultures and countrys faraway in my life i have seen the great wall of china, the eiffel tower i have been to mexico Thailand and much more, i have experienced awesome travels but what about you are you the type to travel alot and where do you like to travel?

Image Image

Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:25 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

Traveling is fun, yeah. I grew up in a pretty poor family so we never had money to travel...the only family trip I ever remember taking was to Tennessee which is 2 states away. I don't like to drive either, so I very rarely travel far from town. The only states I've been to are Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Kentucky, Tennessee, and of course my home state.

Pretty boring, I wish I had more money to travel...

Also, this is probably late, but welcome to the forums Spiritomb! :)

Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:26 am
Profile WWW
Super Saiyan
Super Saiyan

I've left the country a few times to go to Canada, and once on a Caribbean cruise where I went to Haiti and Jamaica. As far as within the U.S., I've only been to Michigan, Ohio, Illinois, Indiana, New York, Kentucky, Tennessee, Georgia, and Florida.

I plan to go to Spain, England, France, and Japan someday.

Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:01 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

All of my overseas journeying was while I was in the Navy; England, Scotland, Orkney Islands (actually part of Scotland I think, way up north), Spain, Portugal, France and Puerto Rico. I've been to Mexico, but only to Nogales when I was a kid.

In the U.S. I've been to (in no particular order); Connecticut, Massachusetts, Vermont, Virginia, Illinois, Nebraska, Kansas, Oklahoma, California, Colorado. And, of course (since I live here), all over Arizona.

When I was in the Navy I was stationed in Connecticut, Virginia and California at different times. Did a lot of bird watching around those areas (wish I'd kept better track of what birds I'd seen back then too ;-) ). I've travelled to Nebraska, Kansas & Oklahoma for bird watching (and to see family -- I generally enjoyed the birds much more). I've travelled to Colorado for bird watching, gold-panning and rock-hunting (and general sight-seeing). I definitely want to travel back to New England for bird watching as well as visiting the historical sights again.

By the way . . . I loved Scotland. Especially the Orkney Islands. I met some wonderful people when I was over there. If I recall correctly, it was about this time in 1982 that the ship I was on (the U.S.S. Yellowstone - AD41) got a liberty in Orkney. There was us, a Frigate, a Destroyer and an Oiler that all pulled into Scapa Flow - the most beautiful anchorage I think I've ever seen (map - Scapa Flow is towards the south end). Anyway, I was fortunate enough to be with the first liberty party to go ashore - there was a couple of busses to take us over to Kirkwall. When we got off the bus, I watched where all the other sailors went & I turned and walked in the other direction. Ran across an older fisherman sitting on the quay mending nets and asked where a good pub was. He took me up to a great little place about a block from where his boat was tied up. I bought myself a beer and it was the last penny I spent. The locals fed me, gave me everything I wanted to drink (and way too much of it, I might add) and got me back to Scapa Flow in time for the boat to take me back to the ship. Darts and billiards were the games of choice interspersed with many stories of the sea, and the food was excellent (and free :-) ). Still there was a little bit of a reason for the extra-friendly treatment in Kirkwall, besides just the camaraderie of the sea, we were the first U.S. Navy ships to anchor in Orkney since the end of WWII.

But in general, I thought Scotland was the best place overseas that I ever went to. I did have a lot of fun in London as well . . . but that's a whole other story. ;-) (I'm guessing this is already longer than was wanted - LOL.)

3DS FC (Y and X): 0834-1199-3647

See my photos and paintings on deviantArt at: http://barn0wl.deviantart.com/

MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/grumpydispatcher

FaceBook: http://www.facebook.com/FlagBarnOwl

"FlagBarn0wl" Blog: http://flagbarnowl.blogspot.com/

Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:43 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Krisp wrote:
Traveling is fun, yeah. I grew up in a pretty poor family so we never had money to travel...the only family trip I ever remember taking was to Tennessee which is 2 states away. I don't like to drive either, so I very rarely travel far from town. The only states I've been to are Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Kentucky, Tennessee, and of course my home state.

Pretty boring, I wish I had more money to travel...

Also, this is probably late, but welcome to the forums Spiritomb! :)

Hmm im sorry about you can't travel.
But im sure will be able to one day :) but is there any place you want to go to one day?

P.S. thanks for the welcome (Better late than never ;) hehe)

Image Image

Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:12 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

being a navy brat (that does not equal rich) i have been to a few places in the pacific and all over the us.
let's see.... my mom and dad met in japan (he was 19 and an E2 in the Navy, she didn't speak english, though she's bilingual now), had me and my brother there.
we then moved to china lake, california.
then guam (i love that place!!! but if you go there, you'll only see the tourism side; to really experience chamorro culture, you need to live there for at least two years). elementary school here.
then lemoore california (that place sucked ass; i will never go near that place again if i can help it). elementary and middle school
then guam again (which is the time my mom and dad decided they hated the place). middle and a year and a half of high school.
and now i'm back in the us, in Oklahoma (it's alright, but not my favorite place). the rest of high school here.
let's see... while we were in lemoore (see above) my brother and i went to two leadership conferences (JrNYLC is a great program, for those with kids) one in washington d.c. and one in boston. rather than flying, our family took a cross-country road-trip in our van. so, i've been to cali, Nevada, arizona, new mexico, colorado, oklahoma, texas, louisiana, georgia, mississippi, south/north carolina, virginia, west virginia, massachusetts, new york (go see niagra falls!!! it's amazing) and ohio, i think?? oh, plus hawaii, but that wasn't on the road trip lol. so i'm pretty well traveled for a 15 year old.
I love traveling. one of my favorite places i've been to was when i visited my grandma in japan. everything there is so neat and clean, it's hard not to admire that country. just remember, flying is not the only way to go, peoplez!!!! and that's all i got to say about that (forrest gump moment lol).

Last edited by rex09 on Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:14 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Well, I wouldn't put it as often but, I travel a lot when I have time off from school. I mostly go to places like the U.S., England, and Jamaica because I have a lot of family in those places. I really wish I could go to Hawaii, like everyone else. :p

Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:25 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I used to travel once or twice a year, but not to anywhere special. Toronto, Niagara Falls, Anna Maria Island, FL, Chicago, and NYC. I've also been to Michigan several times in several locations, and I need to go back there. ): I've also been to Indiana. That's all.

Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:35 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

My dad is a professional writer so we have times where we travel and times where we don't.

Before i was adopted I lived in St. Petersburg, Russia. (Yes, I'm a red)

Before coming to the United States I had traveled to Italy, Germany, France, Britain, and Austria.

Other non-European countries I've been too are Australia (my dad worked there for a year), Canada, and Mexico.

State wise I currently live in California but i have been too:
Alabama
Arizona
Arkansas
Hawaii
Colorado
Connecticut
Florida
Idaho
Illinois
Indiana
Iowa
Kansas
Kentucky
Maine
Michigan
Minnesota
Montana
Nebraska
Nevada
New Mexico
New York
North Dakota
Ohio
Oklahoma
Oregon
Rhode Island
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
Virginia
Washington
Wisconsin
Wyoming

I'm missing most of the south and parts of the Northwest :/
Oh, and i haven't been to Alaska :(
But i have been to Hawaii 4 or 5 times :D

I post AoE 3 on YouTube. Look up BigThunderMan.

Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]