It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 How Old Are You? 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I only started playing in the summer between fifth and sixth grade, and my first game was Pearl. I had liked Pokemon since about third grade. Before I got my first DS, I had this Pokemon game thing where you could battle opponents, similarly to the real game, and you had to buy Pokemon figures to put onto a base to use in battle. You could catch wild Pokemon, and you had an unlimited amount of Pokeballs, but you couldn't use the ones you caught in battle. They just contributed to your Pokedex. And you didn't move around. You just selected Battle, then Wild or Trainer. The only two figures I had were a Pikachu and a Groudon. Bu then, something went wrong with the game, and it read them both as a fainted Togepi, so I always lost on the first turn of a battle. It eventually shut down altogether. It was crushing, because I loved it so dearly. Then I got a DS and moved on. :mrgreen: My mom doesn't care one way or another that I play Pokemon. But if my friends ever found out that I didn't stop playing it in sixth grade... well, let's just hope that that never happens, okay? *shudders at the thought of that*

Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:40 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I'm probably a slightly different case.

I was always interested in Pokemon as a kid and still have all of the pictures I drew.

The only Pokemon I'd actually seen was 'The Water Flowers of Cerulean City' to 'The School of Hard Knocks,' which I had on video. Also I'd seen the first Pokemon movie many times and really loved it.

As I got older I didn't think about Pokemon and by the age of 6 I was playing Yu-Gi-Oh to act cool.

From years 3-6 (grades 4-7 I think) everybody started growing out of Yu-Gi-Oh because nobody else actually knew how to play. It was only me who actually learned and I liked it so that was my main thing throughout most of my childhood.

I think it was at the age of 11 or 12 I got my DS. I'd seen otehr people playing Pokemon Diamond and I thought it looked pretty cool.
It was probably in the summer of 2008 because I remember it was a considerable time after Diamond came out but before Platinum. Infact I got Diamond for £14. Not long afterwards the DSi was released.

Anyway I was a noob for a while then when a little before I got Heart Gold I learned about EVs. I didn't EV properly, I just altered the EVs of my favourite pokemon, getting rid of useless special attack etc.

During Heart Gold was when I found all the other competitive battling stuff like Natures, IVs and Smogon.

Then after the London tournament last Febuary my friend IceArceus got a suspicious Nasty Plot Celebi. It had 31 in each IV and was Timid. We queried it with the guy and he said it was RNGed. So I looked into that and tried to give it a go and succeeded once but that was when I got my Secret ID wrong so Ponyta wasn't Shiny :(

It wasn't until near the beginning of the holidays I worked out how to do it and it wasn't too long after that I set-up Psypokes after Ice kept telling me about all the good deals he'd been getting from here.

Then I set-up my trading thread as the first RNGer on Psypokes hurray!

Liked Pokemon: 3
Played Pokemon: 11
Stopped being a noob: 13
First RNG: 14
Joined Psypokes: 14
Currently: 14
Next week: 15 (I feel so old)

Check out my trade thread!

Timezone: GMT+0

Cloning Glitch!

Last edited by Justin Thyme on Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:29 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I am 19 now and I haved liked pokemon sense I was 8 but I all ways had the cards and watched the shows not until last year I had got a game that I got from my cousin and ya it was a gold version so I looked on the internet for newer games cuz I liked my game so much but it was so pixelated and glitched (like what is a LV.47 {pikachu} doing in victory road ???) so now with my white game and my heartgold (not to mention my platinum that I sold to my sister) and psypokes I think I am set for life :lol: joking

this post might be edited:

3DS FC: 0104-0278-1948

deviantART wrote:
Vectors-R-US:
They do it to trigger fan-fictions. Fur da lulz. Cuz you know how those fan stories can get... *shudders*

VladimirMacHolzraum:
So the writers put things in the show just so they can read our screwed-up fanfics? That explains everything

Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:32 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I first started playing pokemon on either my sixth or seventh birthday when I got the limited edition pokemon gameboy that came with pokemon yellow, since then I have been playing on and off. I joined psypokes shortly before I turned 16 and have been on and off over the last two years. I am now eighteen and still am playing the games.
however, there is only answer to this question, why does it matter. Know I can understand DarkTrainer13 wanting to know for the purposes he mentioned in his first post, but there are alot of people out there who freak out when they found out someone is 15,16 and still playing pokemon. It's a fun game and a great community, so if anybody you know tries to make fun of you for still playing pokemon just ask, why does it matter, and go about your day.

Only during the [color=#FFFF00]day[/color] can you truly hide in the [color=#000000]shadows[/color]
help my pokefarm
[url=http://pokefarm.org/_ext/PDZTvDZO5GJmm][img]http://pokefarm.org/_ext/BDZTvDZO5GZs1GROzGQmm[/img][/url]
member of the nuzlock challenge

Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:57 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

06 may 1996
itz not a big deal how old someone is tho wat matters is maturity
also let someone try poke fun at me! il bore them with a 10hr lecture as to why Pokemon the greatest game ever lol

Watch your habits, for they become character.
Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.
DOWN WITH PIKACHU!!

Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:55 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I shall refrain from stating my birthday but I am twenty-six years old. My interest in Pokémon was from the rumours going around just before the anime came out.

Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:03 am
Reply to topic   [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4