It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Trading Card Games 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I was out in town today and found out that you can at leats get 10 packs at my local dollar store. I didnt get a pack, cause well id prefer to wait until I get a booster. I was however able to look at a few cards. It kinda seems to be sorta like chaotic ( I apologize to any magic fans, but as I dont play the tcg yet, its my best descripiton). I however yet to find a starter deck.

shinashu taji wrote:
I didn't get real into Magic until the Time Spiral block, which was about 2006. The newer sets have been introducing some really interesting abilities, and the newest set has even brought back poison counters. Personally I think Magic is the best TCG out there.

Out of all the TCGs ive played I prefer the Pokemon TCG ( however it is a pain inthe but for me to set up).

Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:07 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
shinashu taji wrote:
The best deck to start off with in Magic is a starter deck. They give you all the cards you need to start playing, and most pre-fab decks are actually half decent. One of the new pre-fab decks for the new expansion comes full equipped with an infinite combo already placed inside of it.

That's the best deck to start off with in all TCGs as I did this with Yugioh & learned to play beating my brother's "Starter Deck Kaiba" with my "Starter Deck Yugi", however I started collecting booster cards around the time the "Pharaoh's Servant" booster pack came out & stopped around the time the GX booster Strike of Neos came out due to money troubles but then got back into it when I saw Red Eyes Darkness Dragon in the at the time very first Structure Deck coming out in the US...I couldn't get it however due to money troubles but I did manage to be able to get Fury From the Deep & haven't stopped collecting Yugioh TCs again since then...I wish I wasn't in a class with douchbags when I had my SDY cards as I would still have the Dark Magician among other cards in the set otherwise as someone stole my Dark Magician card & after chasing him to get it back I decided to not even bother anymore as I needed to get home & didn't want to venture too far for it as at that point my Deck was pretty much gone to begin with, meh...

I will get the Starter Deck in Magic that appeals to me the most among the newer ones...can't wait until the end of the week as I buy all my cards online now as stores are pretty unreliable & besides Target, no other store I go to has any Yugioh cards anymore...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:02 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

http://mtgvault.com/

This is a good site for people wanting to get into Magic. It shows you decks that people use, in all formats. You can also see how decks are meant to function, and be built. http://mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=108103 That is an example deck of what I mean, also FYI it is my deck.

Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:59 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Bookmarked & noted...

I can't wait until December so that I can start playing this & another TCG, suddenly got interested in them in general after looking at matches via Youtube, tournament matches that is...

Now if my Yugioh cards can just get here already, then I will be pretty much set as the Tournament Legal - "The Winged Dragon of Ra" was most likely given out in the January 2011 Issue of Weekly Jump this month for it's subscribers, exactly a year later from when Tournament Legal - "Obelisk the Tormentor" was given out previously...come on Slifer The Sky Dragon...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:21 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

shinashu taji wrote:
http://mtgvault.com/

This is a good site for people wanting to get into Magic. It shows you decks that people use, in all formats. You can also see how decks are meant to function, and be built. http://mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=108103 That is an example deck of what I mean, also FYI it is my deck.

Hmmm, interesting. It defiantly t looks like a pre-curser chaotic type game (yes i know maigic came first) (based on the type of cards ive seen fom the site) (and done ALL lot better).

From what I saw on the site its gameplay may (dont hurt me please) be similar to chaotic, but easier to understand what in the heck the card does (chaotic is very, very vague). I might have to get a starter deck and a couple of boosters to see what i actually think about it. Of course it'll probably end up like all my other TCG's....

Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:47 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I'm a total Magic nerd, it just has to be said.

Also, for those interested in playing MtG for the first time, I suggest picking up an Intro Pack (the fancy name for 'starter decks') from the 2011 Core Set (they run about $12 to $14 in US Dollars) since it's a simple deck and comes with a rules insert. However, it is much better to just play with someone who can teach you the ropes or look up instructional videos online since the rules insert doesn't cover much of the game in depth.

I started playing Magic way back when, I first learned to play at a young age (like seven or eight, so about 1998 or 99) but didn't bother really getting into it until 7th edition, I started playing competitively when Lorwyn came out a few years ago. Since then, I've even started reading the novels for the series (Planeswalker is my favorite novel so far).

I played Yu-Gi-Oh for a while, but never got into it like some of my friends did, and could only really buy the Starter Decks and a booster pack here and there. I remember having a Spellcaster deck for a while, it ran Dark Magicians, Dark Magician Girl and even Dark Magician of Chaos, it was pretty fun until someone stole the deck from my locker at school, that sort of ruined the experience for me. :/

Of course, I also played Pokemon for a while, but really just collected the cards and hardly played with them, but I think most kids did that though.

I've played a few other TCGs but never went beyond buying a few boosters or a starter deck, the World of Warcraft card game (which plays very much like a simple version of Magic), the Dragonball Z TCG, the Star Wars TCG and a few more here and there.

Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:11 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

i love yugioh, though i only collect the cards in real life and do most of my playing online. i got sick and tired of spending all my money on cards when i could spend it on video games and get more enjoyment out of it

Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8