It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:16 am

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
 Worlds End Party 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

So supposedly some guy thinks the worlds going to end tomorrow 05-21-2011, at 6:00 pm.
See here
What will you be doing tomorrow?
I'll working, but the rest of you should grab you Absols and Party!

Fri May 20, 2011 12:32 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
What am I doing, not paying that crap those idiots think is true any attention, so basically, I'm just going about my normal day as well...

That was assumed by a person who thought the world was going to end in the 1990s but was clearly wrong :roll: I do mean, the people who keep doing this stuff really have no goals to begin with I see...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Fri May 20, 2011 1:31 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

{absol} {absol} {absol} {absol} {absol} {absol} {absol} {absol} {absol} {absol} {absol} {absol} {absol} {absol} {absol} {absol} {absol} {absol} {absol} {absol} {absol} {absol} {absol} {absol} {absol}

I never really believe these whole 'end of the world' predictions. Like the Mayans who predict the 2012 doomsday since their calender ends on that day, but it doesn't mean much really. And no one (including me) knew about the end coming tommorow. So I'll sit back and laugh at the conspiracy theorists as the end doesn't come.

Fri May 20, 2011 1:33 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Actually, technically, for this specific one, there was supposed to be a huge environmental disaster that precedes the end of the world in October. Someone else at my school also said that they heard Jesus was supposed to come back, or something like that. Either way, I'm not really into the whole worlds' end myths; the Mayan long-count calendar doesn't even say that the world is going to end. Just, after December __ 2012, there's five days where if anything significantly bad or evil occurs, then next 5,000 years are supposed to be particularly unlucky, or something like that. Note also that that specific day in December 2012 is the Winter Solstice, and also the day our solar system passes through the center of our galaxy.

I feel like I'm ranting, but I felt like I had to post this, lol.

Sat May 21, 2011 9:09 am
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

OK, I think we can put our Absol back in their PC boxes now. Well, untill December 2012 anyway.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Sat May 21, 2011 6:18 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

*puts 25 Absols back in box nammed "Dec 2012"*

Right now at my time it's about 9:00 PM, so it looks like the world won't be sent to doom anytime soon. Also:
rex09 wrote:
Note also that that specific day in December 2012 is the Winter Solstice, and also the day our solar system passes through the center of our galaxy.

I think the Mayans placed that day as the last day of their calander since it's a somewhat significant event, so it won't mean much. But who knows about the 'center of the galaxy' thing: there could be a massive black hole sitting there and we all get sucked up in it when the solar system passes through it. ¯\(º_o)/¯

Sat May 21, 2011 7:16 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Actually, I can't remember if it's the center of the galaxy or the center of the universe; it's one or the other. Either way, the world will end when it ends; I just plan on not being there to see it :)

Sat May 21, 2011 7:35 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

The solar system orbits the galactic core you guys, it's nowhere near the center of the galaxy. |:

And the universe is expanding; we're moving away from the center of the universe. Unless you mean the observable universe, then the center is you.

Sat May 21, 2011 11:50 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Sparrow wrote:
The solar system orbits the galactic core you guys, it's nowhere near the center of the galaxy. |:

And the universe is expanding; we're moving away from the center of the universe. Unless you mean the observable universe, then the center is you.

My bad... Honestly, the world didn't end, and nothing else catastrophic/significant happened yesterday, so I'm good, lol.

Sun May 22, 2011 7:26 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: I'm... Right Here, Right Now, Right Here, Right Now...
Sparrow wrote:

Well I slept through this rapture, what did I miss!?! There is a supermassive black hole at the centre of every gallaxy and the solar system is far enough out to basic stay around the same distance from the centre, We'll prbably be more likely to be mashed up (the solar system, that is) by the Andromeda Galaxy tha our own one it seems. Also the universe is expanding from every point within it so everywhere is the centre of the universe.

2 funny videos, before and after: http://youtu.be/hmX-lZOYcVA & http://youtu.be/9s9aSEry3Sc

and a funny pic:

Mon May 23, 2011 3:11 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

I actually will laugh out loud at anyone who even dared to try to believe that this was actually going to go down last Saturday cause it was dead obvious that it would never happen...

I'm glad to see that most likely everyone here wasn't brought into that non-sense as it shows a sign of hope for humanity that hasn't been seen to much recently...

Honestly, I don't think the world is going to end in 2012 but that is a story for another time I suppose :| ...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...

Mon May 23, 2011 2:11 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

It'd be nice if the world ended to save me the grief of doing it myself, but it's not going to happen. Guess life is going to go on, as miserable as that sounds.

Mon May 23, 2011 2:22 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Krisp wrote:
It'd be nice if the world ended to save me the grief of doing it myself, but it's not going to happen. Guess life is going to go on, as miserable as that sounds.

-_-' and yet you do not realize the things that would be said on these forums if you were not here to "clean them up." I have to admit now, I am getting a little anxious on when this is going to happen, I think with this one being a dud that makes them like... 0/12. Then again I guess technically they only have to be right once.

Tue May 24, 2011 5:42 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Zero Cool wrote:
-_-' and yet you do not realize the things that would be said on these forums if you were not here to "clean them up." I have to admit now, I am getting a little anxious on when this is going to happen, I think with this one being a dud that makes them like... 0/12. Then again I guess technically they only have to be right once.

The sad thing is, they are never going to be right unless they guess it as it is happening, we are not suppose to be able to guess when it will end yet everyone seems to want to give it a try, it's so stupid sometimes too, oh well, something pathetic like that is always going to be happening at some point everyday so I have come to terms with that a long time ago...

It would be interesting though if someone was actually able to truly predict it though, now that would be media worthy...

Tue May 24, 2011 12:16 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

There have been 243 failed rapture predictions. Because of that I don't think I'll ever believe them. It is just like the boy who cried wolf story.

Anyway, the Mayan calender doesn't "end" on December 21st 2012. It just starts again. That is like saying that when it is 12:00 on an analog clock your clock ends. No, it just goes around the circle again until in reaches 12:00 again.

{latias} Black FC: 1463 5647 1777 {latios}

Sun May 29, 2011 9:45 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Yep, that is something I am glad to have learned because I don't know anything about the Mayan Calender or much about the Mayans themselves but it seemed like that could be something that is taken out of proportion too & I was right to think that, the media is more full of crap then it was before, why am I not surprised? :frustrated: ...

Mon May 30, 2011 12:00 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Azure wrote:
There have been 243 failed rapture predictions. Because of that I don't think I'll ever believe them. It is just like the boy who cried wolf story.

Anyway, the Mayan calender doesn't "end" on December 21st 2012. It just starts again. That is like saying that when it is 12:00 on an analog clock your clock ends. No, it just goes around the circle again until in reaches 12:00 again.

Bingo!

I can NOT understand this hysteria over the Mayan calendar "ending". Hell, our own (Gregorian) calendar ends every bloody December 31st, yet people don't run around screaming the world is ending.

The galactic "alignment" thing is that, theoretically, on Dec. 21, at about noon-ish (depends on your spot on the planet I guess), the Sun will align (from our point of view) with the dark part of the Milky Way (our home galaxy). The thing is, this is like aligning your finger in your field of view with the Washington Monument from a mile away - poof! All of a sudden you can't see the Washington Monument. But you know what ... nothing really happened ... the monument is still there, your finger is still attached to your hand and your eye-balls didn't get ripped from your head by the massive cumulative gravity of your finger and the Washington Monument. Some 10 or so years ago, the doom-sayers were yelling the Earth would be pulled apart and destroyed because there was a huge planetary alignment (Sun - Venus - Earth - Mars - Jupiter, I think - maybe Saturn too). Hey, guess what ... we are all still here. The galactic center is always there and always exerting the same amount of gravitational force on us as it always has.

As for the Rapture / end of days spoken of in many religions ... nobody can predict it. First off, the "Rapture", as a pre-Tribulation event, is a fairly modern invention. According to Wikipedia (the modern-day equivalent to the Great Library of Alexandria), it was first mentioned in the 17th Century by Increase Mather and his son Cotton Mather (of Salem Witch Trials fame). (Article on the Doctrinal History of "The Rapture" is here; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rapture#Doctrinal_history - it's very interesting reading ... if you're interested in such things.) Personally, I think God is just waiting for everyone to give up and say "okay, you know what, we apparently can NOT predict the end of days ... none of us experts can figure it out" ... then WHAM!!!! There goes the world ...

3DS FC (Y and X): 0834-1199-3647

See my photos and paintings on deviantArt at: http://barn0wl.deviantart.com/

MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/grumpydispatcher

FaceBook: http://www.facebook.com/FlagBarnOwl

"FlagBarn0wl" Blog: http://flagbarnowl.blogspot.com/

Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:48 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

BarnOwl wrote:
Personally, I think God is just waiting for everyone to give up and say "okay, you know what, we apparently can NOT predict the end of days ... none of us experts can figure it out" ... then WHAM!!!! There goes the world ...

Know what, now that you said that...I believe that might just be the case for reasons which I will not even go into as they are off topic imo...

Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]