It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Taste buds of the Brain! 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I have a theory! That in our brain there are taste buds that decide what we like and what we dont. Now like pokemon they evolve into new forms changing our likes and dislikes. But by drinking or doing other addictive substance they will eventually die down to where the only thing they want is that substance. Now i got a D in science this year so im not 100% on this theory but if its correct im pretty sure i could become rich and win a award. So tell me what exactly is wrong with my theory you science savvy people

Edit: The chili pepper thing puts it into perspective. i was over thinking this way to much lol

Last edited by Graham97 on Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:45 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Silly Graham97, taste buds are on our tongues, not our brains! But seriously. We just form what we like and dislike in our brains as feelings and memories from experience. There's no organ or whatever. Example: Baby eats chili pepper. Baby cries from intense spicy heat. Baby dislikes chili pepper. And there you have it. It's sort of like training a dog, if you know what I mean. Addictive substances just make you feel good and tricks your brain into thinking that it needs more. I hope that this makes some sense!

Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:59 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

There's a lot more going on in the brain than you could imagine. Of you like this kind of think, tke psychology during high-school. It's one of the best classes I've ever taken. you will learn a lot about the brain. Most of the complicated stuff is in college classes, but you'll still know some really cool and interesting stuff when you're done.

Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]