It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:57 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 OMG!! the sky really is FALLING!! 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

he hee nice dramatic title.. im a bit depressed rite now so what does my mind turn to? why the end of the world of course!!!
if u seen chicken little ud know the sky falling is symbolic of the end of the world hence the title!
but what is actually causing the worlds hastened demise? (tip:dont let urselve think about this topic to often, it is the end of the wrld after all!!)
is it farting cows??
is it all the trees we cut down??
is it me using deoderant??? (DONT PICK THIS!! without deodrant i cud knock u out with my BO!! jk thts wat showers r for!)
cud it b we flush the toilet to much??
we have to much waste??
WHICH IS THE MOST IMPORTANT TO SOLVE???
(be warned this IS the ramblings of a crazy teen..)
wat is it we need more? clean armpits? or peace for all?
space exploration? or everyone having a full stomach?
i dont know wat to think anymore...my logical side says people have to die..otherwise theres no space for new people and my soul if u will says we shud live for an eternity..
PLS!! help me clarify my thoughts..before my head explodes or something..

Watch your habits, for they become character.
Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.
DOWN WITH PIKACHU!!

Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:48 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I'm not a misanthrope. I don't think humanity is dumb enough to kill itself with nukes or completely deforest the planet. I don't really believe we have near the effect on climate change that we think we do, nor that the most rudimentary solutions would help...recycling trucks = twice the trucks needed to transport your garbage, is that really what we need?

The planet WILL be gone in about 500 million years because stars simply don't last forever, and everything on it will die before then, and the question there is whether or not anyone will leave in search of a new home and whether or not they have Tekkaman on the job. The sad part about that is how much of our history will inevitably be left behind unless computers by that point are pre-packaged with a massive anthology of books, movies, art, music, games, photos, and biographies of great people. We are at sort of a point where we don't like to lose anything, so maybe that idea will become reality. Just keep backing up your stuff. Don't listen to the anti-piracy guys--DRM will ERASE CENTURIES OF WORK FROM OUR LIVES IF YOU DON'T FIGHT IT

Overpopulation is a very scary thing and must be my number 1 rational fear. I don't think I'll live to see the worst of it in North America but I wish it would occur to people to lay off the sex if they can't find an empty spot on the street to sleep at night. Nothing should be legal about this. Not that I don't owe my existence to prolific grandparents. I'm not ashamed of each pair of my grandparents having at least five kids, I just think it's time to start slowing down. I'm the younger of two and wish to have two of my own one day and that just makes sense to me.

Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:49 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I find myself to be slightly misanthropic at times,and yes there are some bad places in this world but its not the end of it, far from it. We arent gonna mess up the world, we are trying to clean it up from what we did in earlier times. So only when the sun flattens out and cooks the earth is when the human race will most likely end. Unless it already hasnt ended but that is unlikly since human intellegence is quite good, but there are just those people who are quite stupid.

Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:50 am
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

I could try and explain my views as to how we can prevent an apoclaypse due to overpopulation/lack of resources, but then you would all think it was too drastic.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:40 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

The largest issue overpopulation faces is food. How do we feed every single human being on Earth, especially with the growing rate? While genetic engineering and synthetics have played a large roll in not only saving money by preservation, but allowing us to serve a much larger population. Necessity is the mother of invention. Agriculture will advance far before we need to worry. The United Nations estimates that the birth to death rate will stabilize at around 11,000,000,000 people (in 2070 I believe). This means that due to human life expectancy, we could not physically create a larger population. Even still, if that figure were larger beyond what Earth could sustain, our species would find a way to create an exodus in search of hospitable areas.

Even still, if you have a hard time coping with the inevitable (if it comes), there are drugs for that.

Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]