It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:31 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 It's That Wonderful Time! 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Do you think she is justified or right?
Now, I'm not here saying that Obama's the perfect choice, or Romney's stupid, but to spread lies like that is too far. I know that Psypoke has a relatively strong teenage presense, but anyone out there looking to vote for president, or hoping for a certain candidate to win? If so, who and why?

Goodbye
"

Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:06 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

How often does a candidate actually do what they say they will? I remember the 2000 Presidential Debates. Almost zero percent of what was debated was implemented or considered.

Why?

Nine.

One.

One.

Things change.

While most people thought that would be the major issue the next election (ie our safety), what issue came almost equal to that was oil prices and the cost of living.

Debates are just an extended commercial of what politicians say. How many times did you hear Obama say against Romney, "He tells you what he's gonna do but doesn't give you a clear plan."

No **** he doesn't, and you don't either. Because presidents consult a lot more than they make decisions in the US. It's up to their cabinet and resources.

How much of a campaign are actually laws drafted by lawyers just waiting for ratification, a full fledged plan that's ready for vote on January 20th? None.

Basically, what we elect is a qualified spokesperson. Someone who gets the job and says, "Now what?" and votes to play a character that wants another four years.

Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:12 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

DatVu, I'm having trouble with the last part of your post. Could you clarify?
Anyways, I kinda want Romney to win. I don't think Obama's a commy, because I'd never hear the end of it from Samurott. I just think he's a good candidate.

Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:23 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

In my life's experience, I've come to learn that there are three things that I should rarely debate with people: religion; politics; and one's personal preferences in life, many of which have inexorable ties to the previous two.

Wars have been fought over such things.

Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:56 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

tripehound wrote:
In my life's experience, I've come to learn that there are three things that I should rarely debate with people: religion; politics; and one's personal preferences in life, many of which have inexorable ties to the previous two.

Amen.

Actually, our class had an interesting discussion: "Did you watch the Giants or the debate?" It's kinda neat to see where people's values lie. I never got into politics because it doesn't affect me too much, and I feel my vote won't make a difference. I will say that Romney has guts. And that is somewhat significant.

And Obama a Communist... haha. That just makes me giggle a bit. I don't know if that's justified or not. It's just weirdly funny.

Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:39 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I personally want Obama to win. I sent in my absentee ballot for him and he is actually coming to my college to talk this Wednesday. I just have a good feeling about him and would like to give him four more years. I feel like just four years is not enough time for one president to get much accomplished and he needs the eight and I believe he will work things out. Plus: I'm not fond of Romney at all. I am not a Democrat, I consider myself an Independent. I just vote for who I like more.

Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:42 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I made the mistake of going to Yahoo to check on the poll results atm. A bunch of frigging idiots. I think it's funny how uninformed most voters are. My mom, dad, and brother voted for Romney, because of their healthcare. Which, mind you, Romney's and Obama's healthcare plans are exactly the same. Oh, and they voted for more taxes, and a possible extension to the Afghanistan conflict. I told them. They didn't care. Oh well. Personally, I don't give a **** anymore. We need a liberal who works for the people, not for re-election

Goodbye
"

Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:27 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Well, I guess that this is probably a forum made for Americans, by Americans (no insult implied, really). But we hear a lot in my country about the election, and it affects us a lot. As you can see, I'm a Greek. And although I don't think that Obama's election is gonna help us, it will definitely be better than Romney's. I mean, the guy really hates us! So I want Obama to win.
Please don't start flaming me. I'll be the first to admit that 90% of Greeks are bastards who brought the crisis upon themselves. But I belong to the other 10%, and I want the best for my country.

Credit to DragoBoy for the banner!
The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed!

Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:50 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]