It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 What is the world coming to? 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

The reason why you didn't understand anything about that post is because you're a casual gamer, n00b.

Goodbye
"

Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:15 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Samurott wrote:
The reason why you didn't understand anything about that post is because you're a casual gamer, n00b.

And is there anything wrong with casual gaming? To each his own. ;)

Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:31 pm
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

Location: Obsessing over my paper cranes (props to whoever gets this reference, no one will)
Maybe you guys should make a thread in Mauville Game corner. Instead of posting this stuff here. It's led away form the main topic.

PLANNING ON GETTING 1000 POSTS BEFORE OCTOBER 1ST. HELP ME BY MAKING NEW THREADS THAT I CAN SPAM IN

So, this forum just got a revamp, its now interesting, we have a few members, we have some games, we're about to open a Forum Shopping Center to buy Pokemon and Items... (If we get store clerks). We have a WEREWOLF game, and I know how much Psypoke likes Werewolf, so If you're itching to play a shorter game than usual, sign up.

Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:37 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Nonsense! The arguments between Samurott and I can exist anywhere!

...but yeah, let's stop.

Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:53 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Samurott wrote:

lol. and when gave you the right to be rude? to be completely honest, i didn't understand a word you said in that post either and i do play some fps.

anyways, itt, i guess the world is really based around where and how you make it. you don't have to agree with someone's beliefs or actions, but if you can simply take them for who they are and not criticize them for it, then you're a decent human being. hang around the people you're most comfortable with, friends or family, or make your on, and just be whoever you are.

blah, especially after tonight that's a lot coming from me, but this time i actually have taken my own advice for once.

Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:48 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

What is there that people aren't getting? The lingo that I used?
EDIT:I found out why America is going down the drain!
A common high schooler who paid attention in Algebra II should know that China and India have a bigger population count than America, thus skewing the comparison and raising the margin of error. So, their reasoning behind doing that is now moot.
Then again, what would you expect from a government who actually thinks banning lawful gun sale to law-abiding citizens would stop criminals from illegally obtaining an illegal gun and then breaking more laws. I'm going to stop here, before I start ranting hardcore.

Goodbye
"

Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:53 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

It's important to note that people are more interested in negativity than positivity. Negative ideas consume human thought far more than a positive gesture or compliment, and they're more entertaining. This may be due to the fact that people find politics and culture they disagree with threatening to their existence and the development and preservation of their children or kinsmen (ie their DNA; their physical self; the persistence of their memory, ideas, way of life, or behavior). One negative notion begets another as the exchange of information (or opinions) are transferred freely and almost instantaneously on the internet, particularly since the advent of social media.

What the world is coming to is most likely a plethora candid, uncensored, and misinformed opinions coming together, and the over-hyped media stories of violence, animosity, and disdain, simply because they sell. There might be less wrong with people if what was wrong weren't so fantastic and marketable.

The truth? Gun related offenses are way down in the United States. Sandy Hook just so happened on the same day a man stabbed 22 kids and a woman in China. Yet no one heard about it, because it wasn't in America: "The Worst Place on Earth." The per capita murder rate in the US is less than it was during the Great Depression. The US was "worse off" in the 1930's. Crime is largely related to hardship, that is, when one's survival is threatened.

Is it more horrible today than ever? Probably not. The world is definitely in a recession, so yes, life is probably worse now than in 1994. But the only thing that is truly horrible is the media's power to sensationalize and exacerbate the truth. And at the same time, Western culture in particular, we glorify a vapid, consumerist lifestyle focused on this type of media that provides instant gratification and a superficial status quo.

Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:42 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

DatVu wrote:
What the world is coming to is most likely a plethora candid, uncensored, and misinformed opinions coming together, and the over-hyped media stories of violence, animosity, and disdain, simply because they sell. There might be less wrong with people if what was wrong weren't so fantastic and marketable.

Exactly. The medias are making money with people's problems, and they ruined many life. People don't realize this, they just criticize everyone who pass on tv because they killed someone or etc. There are many murders, hundred a year, but they stick on one guy and don't leave him for the rest of his life. But what about the others? These are kinda lucky, because after everything is solved, they can continue their life without any social problem. But if you are the unlucky one, if you try to live somewhere, the medias are just gonna say: He's here. Then people complain because they don't want a murderer to live here.

This guy's life is just ruined now, just try to see things from another point of view, medias are not really necessary in my opinion.

~I truly hate the medias, because one day they made fun of me.

Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:06 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

GP, three things.
1. Medias is incorrect. Media is plural of medium, so saying medias is making a plural of a plural, which doesn't have any grammatical sense.
2. The killers life was ruined when he was done killing; he turned the gun on himself.
3. Also, it seems you're sympathizing with spree killers. What point of view would justify the deaths of 20 first graders? Answer: Nothing!

DatVu wrote:
It's important to note that people are more interested in negativity than positivity. Negative ideas consume human thought far more than a positive gesture or compliment, and they're more entertaining. This may be due to the fact that people find politics and culture they disagree with threatening to their existence and the development and preservation of their children or kinsmen (ie their DNA; their physical self; the persistence of their memory, ideas, way of life, or behavior). One negative notion begets another as the exchange of information (or opinions) are transferred freely and almost instantaneously on the internet, particularly since the advent of social media.

The truth? Gun related offenses are way down in the United States. Sandy Hook just so happened on the same day a man stabbed 22 kids and a woman in China. Yet no one heard about it, because it wasn't in America: "The Worst Place on Earth." The per capita murder rate in the US is less than it was during the Great Depression. The US was "worse off" in the 1930's. Crime is largely related to hardship, that is, when one's survival is threatened.

Is it more horrible today than ever? Probably not. The world is definitely in a recession, so yes, life is probably worse now than in 1994. But the only thing that is truly horrible is the media's power to sensationalize and exacerbate the truth. And at the same time, Western culture in particular, we glorify a vapid, consumerist lifestyle focused on this type of media that provides instant gratification and a superficial status quo.

tl:dr: DatVu is master of the universe.

Goodbye
"

Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:43 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Haunted Water wrote:
GP, three things.
1. Medias is incorrect. Media is plural of medium, so saying medias is making a plural of a plural, which doesn't have any grammatical sense.
2. The killers life was ruined when he was done killing; he turned the gun on himself.
3. Also, it seems you're sympathizing with spree killers. What point of view would justify the deaths of 20 first graders? Answer: Nothing!

1. Sorry for my grammar, I'm trying. (Media can be plural in french)
2. Not talking about this guy.
3. What about if someone had some kind of mental problem, and killed someone because they were angry? He really regret it after they did, even it's not really his fault.. But then media come and they completly destroy his life. (Still not talking about "the guy")

I was about to watch the superbowl, but then: the choir of the primary school.
I just closed the tv and didn't watched the superbowl.
It's sad what happened, but seriously, it happened. Lets just forget it and move on.
There's much worse in the world.

Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:49 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I'm glad that we were as freaking out about the future in '13 as we are today :lol:

Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2