It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 The Official Alien Life Thread 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Yeah, that's right. Another boring topic by the annoying lurker.
This time, the question(s) is:
Do you believe that there's life somewhere in the universe besides Earth? Why do you think so? How do you imagine that these life forms will be like?

Credit to DragoBoy for the banner!
The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed!

Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:22 pm
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Well, my mum asks me this all the time, yet she also believes in ghosts as well. I do believe that somewhere out there in the vast and limitless universe there are other alien organisms. Maybe somewhere out there too there's another planet just like this one that just happened out of a freak accident like another big bang. Who knows. I don't believe in aliens like little green men though.

Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:03 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

You already saw them, but you just forgot. ;)
Have you seen "The Fourth Kind"?
If not, you should! :D

Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:50 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Haha yeah maybe, or perhaps I'm an alien and I've just been hanging out in human society to observe and judge mankind.

I'm just not a strong believer in any of that.

Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:15 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Considering you've got four personalities, aka VG Crunchy, Anime Crunchy, Psypoke Crunchy and Real-Life Crunchy, I guess you are some sort of alien.
What really intrigues me isn't the existence of alien life in general. It's almost impossible in such a big universe to not have a single bacterium outside of Earth. Now, intelligent alien life is a different story. And I'm not necessarily talking about little green people.

Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:41 am
Profile WWW
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

Location: Obsessing over my paper cranes (props to whoever gets this reference, no one will)
You never know? I mean we haven't been to the moon ye-

*Excuse me while I wait for 2013*

We haven't really explored past mars, and even then its only a rover. Who's to say Elgyem aren't living on the moon?

PLANNING ON GETTING 1000 POSTS BEFORE OCTOBER 1ST. HELP ME BY MAKING NEW THREADS THAT I CAN SPAM IN

So, this forum just got a revamp, its now interesting, we have a few members, we have some games, we're about to open a Forum Shopping Center to buy Pokemon and Items... (If we get store clerks). We have a WEREWOLF game, and I know how much Psypoke likes Werewolf, so If you're itching to play a shorter game than usual, sign up.

Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:31 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

People have walked on the moon. And besides, our solar system is but a small part of the universe. Who's to say there's no life in other systems, or even galaxies, millions of light years away?

Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:52 am
Profile WWW
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

Location: Obsessing over my paper cranes (props to whoever gets this reference, no one will)
Yeah, Chill, that was a joke.

My real concern when it comes to alien life.

Our Galaxy isn't all that large at all. BUT... I doubt we will get anywhere out of it anytime soon. Unless we can stretch the fabric of the universe to teleport. So for the next, Approx. 500 years, I doubt we really have anything to explore other than this solar system. We have explored Mars enough to know about traces of water. So you never know about Bacteria and other single cell organisms. But when it comes to intelligent life, not much chance as we stand. Many stars and other planets have been searched through sonar's and other stuff. But then again, who's to say we don't have a more evolved species of human, living underground? Unknown to us. With that being quite doubtful, there's always a chance. Everything is quite unknown to us so far, even when it comes to the Earth. With the possibility of Intelligent Life, extremely high, I doubt we will be able to go to Them for a while. Otherwise, we hope they come to us. Cross your fingers they aren't invading us and aren't Little Green Men.

PLANNING ON GETTING 1000 POSTS BEFORE OCTOBER 1ST. HELP ME BY MAKING NEW THREADS THAT I CAN SPAM IN

So, this forum just got a revamp, its now interesting, we have a few members, we have some games, we're about to open a Forum Shopping Center to buy Pokemon and Items... (If we get store clerks). We have a WEREWOLF game, and I know how much Psypoke likes Werewolf, so If you're itching to play a shorter game than usual, sign up.

Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:54 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

How about the water depths?
This place is still unknown to us, and the "humans" recently filmed, for the first time, a giant squid, ALIVE.

There's still alot to explore on the earth, and maybe the abysses are reserving a little surprise! ;)

Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:02 pm
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

Actually in Guinness World Record, they had a theme; How Far Can We Go. In this they had two segments involving the depth of water, and how far into space we can go. They basically said, we haven't done much. I didn't know about the Giant Squid Video, is it available on YouTube?

Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:53 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

James86134 wrote:
Actually in Guinness World Record, they had a theme; How Far Can We Go. In this they had two segments involving the depth of water, and how far into space we can go. They basically said, we haven't done much. I didn't know about the Giant Squid Video, is it available on YouTube?

Here is it! ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KN5N1QDaRQ

Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:03 pm
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

ABC, can't you do more than just repeating 2, 5 second videos over and over again. Wish I could have watched the documentary.

Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:48 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Now it's time for me to sound completely insane and say that there are other beings around our planet that are watching us and taking care of us in a way. I know this because their thoughts drift through the energy network that I listen to. They're working on clearing out some of the negative energy we've been generating that's building up. Whether or not we'll actually see them is debatable, but they're around.

Or I'm just crazy. I'm okay with that explanation. I keep to myself as much as possible. ^^;

A more interesting direction of discussion would be to ask this:

What do you think other intellectual life could look like? How could their evolution have differed from ours?

Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:37 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

We were talking about this in chemistry class a couple of months ago. We spent maybe a week and a half on the topic, not officially as part of the class. Then the week after that a friend of mine comes into class exclaiming "Aliens! There's aliens on Mars!" I never looked it up, but seemingly there are/were worms, or worm like lifeforms, on Mars.
So, yeah, life probably does exist somewhere else.

Now, as for intelligent life. That's a whole different matter.
Quote:
Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

^That. Seriously, were screwing this planet up badly, why would aliens want to contact a suicidal race?

What if there's life on another planet, but it's still in the time of the dinosaurs?

Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]