It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Humorous Injuries Thread 
Super Saiyan
Super Saiyan

Let's face it - most injuries have a hilarious story to them. Even the most painful of injuries can have humor found in them. So I created this thread so you can share to the world injuries you've had or a family member that are in some aspect funny. Here is my injuriy:

I was playing 3 on 3 basketball in gym class the other day. I was doing surprisingly well, until <i>it</i> happened. I stole the ball from the opposing team, and passed it to my teammate so he could take it back behind the 3 point line. Soon, though, he was surrounded. I yelled, "PASS IT!" and he passed the ball to me. As it hit, my 3 outside fingers on my left hand were bent back and it sprained my ring finger. I cried out" OW" Edit by sN0w: "ouch would do; there's no need for all the asterisked expletives. (It hurt) By the end of the night, that finger was about twice as wide as all my other fingers due to swelling. It was quite a sight.

This next one is also about a sprained finger. A few years ago, I always watched the show "Yu-Yu Hakusho" whenever I got the chance. So, being 11 and dumb, I was dumb. Our living room was loud because all my siblings were wreaking havoc and screaming like banshees. I grabbed a couch pillow and said, "Watch this!" and then, bringing my hand down while holding the pillow with finger pointed outwards, I yelled "SPIRIT GUN!" My finger hit the ground hard and bent a few ways that it wasn't supposed to. That hurt too.

Another time, I was at youth group, and I was jumping backwards onto beanbags. Backwards. So I had no clue when someone pulled it away until my head and butt nailed the hard floor and sent fuzzy shockwaves through every nerve in my body. (Well, almost every nerve :( :lol: )
I had a pounding headache. Also, I hit my butt so hard I could barely move my upper thighs so I had a hard time getting up. And yes, standing was unimaginably painful. Ha ha.

So post what happened to you! Even if you don't think it's funny someone somewhere will find humor in it.

Tue May 23, 2006 4:58 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

My friend Matt was blading (inline skating) one time, and he skated right into a steel pole...

(I wasn't there to see it, though.)

I try to avoid pain at all costs, but sometimes my own dimwittedness causes it... examples.

I was walking into Movie Gallery, thinking about who-knows-what. I kinda zoned out for a second, and left my right middle finger in the door. It closed. Hard. I almost collapsed in pain. (I got a blood blister under the fingernail from that. The blister went away, but the nail won't go back to normal. Pretty weird.)

I can't remember much of it, but when I was about 3 years old, my cousins were running in a circle in my old living room. I told 'em to run a wider circle, and next thing I knew, Steven ran into the water bottle I was holding and chipped my tooth. It hurt like mad... though I can't remember much of it. (I still have the tooth; haven't lost it yet :P)

I was walking past the old record player we have and zoned out for about a second. All I remember is kicking the record player on accident, then tripping into the couch... >_<

Tue May 23, 2006 5:06 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Stupidly, all my latest injuries have involved me falling onto something soft.

I fell out of bed at an awkward angle, it hurt but I landed on the extra pillowcases. ^_^

Tue May 23, 2006 11:08 pm
is very close to getting banned

Hehe, an example of the retarded individual Flarey was when she was 8:

It was Father's Day, and I'd knocked on my parent's door to ask if dad wanted anything. He (jokingly) said sure, I could get him the papers, so I, being the hilariously little witty retard that I was at that age, fetched a roll of toilet paper. I placed it outside their door, knocked, then ran like hell. Straight into a wall corner.

We didn't think anything too bad had happened to me apart from my screaming like a banshee, but later on as we got ready to go out to to my nana's for dinner, my mom was brushing my hair and wondering why I had paint on my neck. Yep, it was blood. Stupid little 8-year-old Flarey had cracked her skull open and not realized.

My family has some stupid incidents too! My youngest sister was doing snow angels on the concrete (in the middle of an Australian summer - go figure) when someone stepped on her arm and broke it. Snow angels.. in summer.. on concrete... I ask you..

Another time I fainted in front of my middle sister and she didn't notice. She's an idiot, I swear - how could you not notice the person you're talking to suddenly collapsing...

Wed May 24, 2006 1:32 am
Profile WWW
The Geek
The Geek

I have chipped a tooth on the bathtub (I was like 3).

In addition, my hands are covered in the scars of electrical burns. Interestingly, many of them have been disappearing as of late. I was rather proud of one where you could see the entry wound on my palm and an exit wound opposite it on the back of my hand. The entry wound is gone, and the exit is just a dot now.

It should be noted however that I have never broken a bone. Not even a fracture actually. The middle finger in my right hand, however, is slightly deformed due to a bowling ball (I hit myself in the back on the knee with it, and it bent my finger out of shape).

I am a complete klutz though. That's why I work with potentially fatal amounts of electricity! @@;

latina mortua lingua est // ud mortua ud ea possit
prima meas ancestras necavit // et nunc me necat

Wed May 24, 2006 4:24 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

LOL, I broke the tip of my finger getting up. Idk how I am just really stupid sometimes. Anyhoo months later it hasn't fix and now one of my fingers look funny :P.

Edit:Also one time I actually fainted drinking a sprite and people told me I was having seizures. I liked it though because when I was passed out I felt like I was flying :D

Wed May 24, 2006 4:39 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I asked to go to the toilet at school, the teacher said I could go so I went. When I walked out I thought: "Lol, I think I'll jam my finger in the door" and so I opened the door, put my finger through the space and then shut the door, then... "Aagh! Agh!!! Get it out!!" I managed to get my finger out, but it was crushed quit badly IMO.

Fri May 26, 2006 5:35 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I had a group of friends staying over at my house once, & we thought it would be hilarious to see who could eat a small bowl of pistachio nuts the fastest.

It was fun, we made a right mess, but in my rush to eat as many nuts as possible I accidentally tried to eat one in its shell.
It cracked one of my teeth in half, I had to go to hospital to get it fixed.
Let this be a lesson to squirrels everywhere.

Fri May 26, 2006 10:05 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I have chipped a tooth on the bathtub (I was like 3).

In addition, my hands are covered in the scars of electrical burns. Interestingly, many of them have been disappearing as of late. I was rather proud of one where you could see the entry wound on my palm and an exit wound opposite it on the back of my hand. The entry wound is gone, and the exit is just a dot now.

It should be noted however that I have never broken a bone. Not even a fracture actually. The middle finger in my right hand, however, is slightly deformed due to a bowling ball (I hit myself in the back on the knee with it, and it bent my finger out of shape).

I am a complete klutz though. That's why I work with potentially fatal amounts of electricity! @@;

I broke my toe on the bathtub... (and this was just a few months ago)

Sat May 27, 2006 3:38 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Location: In the land of hysterical goths... Toronto, Ontario.
We used to play a game where you pull the chair out from under the person when they get up and then they fall on to their butt when they try to sit down. (this was in Kindergarten). It didn't work so well on me. My head hit the chair leg, the chair hit a large desk and the resounding crack nearly split my head in two. I'm surprised I didn't get concussed.

What's odd is that I got smarter after that.

Sat May 27, 2006 6:06 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I used to have a friend that wanted to destroy himself. No, not suicide, he just did the Dumbest things!

anyhow, there was one time when he was a small kid, (I wasn't around.) he was going around with a gas can and some matches, and he was pouring the gas on things and liting them, well after he did that a few times the fumes from the gas can caugt, so he started pulling the gas can away so the fire would stop! :roll: :lol: some how, he didn't get hurt, (or at least, not badly.) it didn't surprize me to find that after we moved, he Wreaked his dads car! (he's 14, the leagal driving age in the US is 16.) if he's dosen't suceed in killing himself he'll at least get himself arested. :roll:

Sat May 27, 2006 8:13 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

[color=#ff6ec7]Okay, so this isn't very humorus, but about an hour

Last edited by Krisp on Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed May 31, 2006 11:03 pm
Profile WWW
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Ouch. I had that happen to me once in an ice-rink. Not sure if it was that bad though. The pain'll wear off in a day or two!
Hmm... humorous injuries? Bumping into chairs/benches/tables/walls and swearing my head off. Then kicking the offending object and getting in even more pain. Probably there's more stuff, but I'm still concussed! :P

Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:34 am
Profile WWW
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

Right. When I was about four, I was playing tag--or some other game where you run around--and ran into a pole and killed one of my teeth. Beat that. :? That's probably the stupidest injury I've ever sustained; however, I'm known to trip over myself or the air on occasion.

Today, in the midst of foreplay, this girl tells me I am so hot, I respond "Ditto." She heatedly responds "I love ditto," to which I suavely reply "I didn't know you were into Pokemon. That may make you even sexier." She knows nothing about Pokemon, but I sure know how to kill the mood. FML

{dragonair}

Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:51 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I can't really think of the dumb things i've done, except for this one, a little similar to Krisp's, but thankfully not as bad. (Hope you get better, Krisp.)

I was at a park and this was about a year ago, I had my cousins visiting (they're like toddlers) My mom and Aunt were talking about something on a table, my sisters were around there somewhere and I was kinda alone.

I sat on a swing and started swinging, I thought it'd be a good idea to test how high I could go on it, so I started to swing and it became a bit fast. On one of times I went backwards, I leaned back a little too far and slipped off landing on my head and doing a backwards somersault.

Surprisingly, I didn't get hurt at all, other than the fear of falling off a swing and getting the air knocked out of me. Oh and of course getting called Egghead occasionally by my sisters now, though not as much since we play SSBM and {pichu} definately has a larger head than mine..

Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:18 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I have a list of injuries me and my friends have sustained.
1. My friend went bike riding without a helmet, crashed into a telphone pole, cracked his skull open and had surgery. Let's just say he won't do that again.
2. My mom went to kiss me good-night, and I got up and unexpectedly whonked her in the eye. And what a shiner it was :P
3. When I was three, I went out to swing and fell on my back. I was really careful not to cry or show pain, and I very slowly walked in. it wasnt till later that night my mom noticed the giant slash down my back.
4. I was six, had just taken a bath, and my dad was drying me off when he hit me in the mouth. It took as bit to find my first lost tooth in the bathmat.

-Gardevoir~

Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:45 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I rolled down a hill and broke my collarbone.
I fell out of a tree and almost broke my finger.
I picked an apple off my tree and a wasp flew out and stung my nose.

I'm not very lucky am I?
Everyone laughed and had no sympathy at my pathetic, not even worthy to be called 'Injuries'.

Though my sister jumps off the sofa and broke both her wrists :D
I had a good laugh at that.

Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:02 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

1. About five years ago, we got a shock collar for my dog that would zap her with a weak current whenever she barked. Well, I wanted to see what would happen if I tried it, so I put it on and let out a bark. I got shocked pretty bad, and couldn't feel my legs for about a half an hour afterward.

2.I was leaving a restaurant when I was like, twelve and I wanted to see if I could hold my breath all the way from our table to the car. I couldn't. We were in the crowded lobby when I passed out from lack of oxygen...

3. A few weeks ago, I was at work talking to a really cute friend of mine (who I've secretly had a thing for since we met) as we walked to clean a theatre that had just emptied out (we work at the movies). She asked me a question, I looked over to answer her, and then I looked ahead again...just in time to be met with a theatre door to the face. Boy did I feel stupid! It had to happen right in front of her, didn't it? Nice...

4. Oh, and once I hit a parked car on my bike. I told my friends that it veered out in front of me...

Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:16 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I rode my bike into a ditch on Fridaye evening coming home from the pub. It took me an hour to get out, but I was unharmed.

Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:45 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Location: In the middle of a gun fight, In the center of a restaurant
i'm happy to say I never broke a bone, Although I did sprain my wrist when my stupid freind ran out in front of me while i was going realy fast down a steep hill on my scooter and he knocked off..*******, thats what I think of him.

Also when I was in 5th class my supposed freind Jordan (A boy) kicked me in the butt. REALY HARD. It hurt alot to sit down and I couldnt sit on a solid wooden chair like the ones in the classroom so i had to go home, on the day we were playing tennis in PE (the only sport I like).
He got in big trouble for damaging my behind, double because I'm a girl.

my freind Eoin ( the one who caused the scooter accident) was at his locker in school. His locker is above a girl called robin's locker. He is realy tall so he was reaching over and she told him to stop because she couldnt stand up staright. He said shut up and pushed her then he turned around, dione with his locker and slammed into the door of mine!!! :lol:
Everyone laughed so he punched Jessica (Another freind) in the face.
Boy punching girl in face. He was sent to the principal Mr. Cannon. ( I know what a scary name mr. Cannon I call him boom boom)

it isn't realy an accident so much as an embarassment.
In the middle of the school play (The story of Jesus's birth0 I was mary and in the middle of the play I had morning sickness. that was a pun on me being mary pregnant with Jesus. it was Appendicitis. I was in hospital for a week and the stage smelled of vomit for 2 weeks.

if I think of any more i'll tell you all.

Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:08 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Er, L_l, your school sounds scary... Anyway, I once fell over ice-skating and my butt hurt so much that I got out of PE the next day! Sad really, 'cause it was cricket, and I like cricket... :(

Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:01 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Location: In the middle of a gun fight, In the center of a restaurant
It is scary at times. I've mentioned this in another thread but yesterday a boy gave me birthday bashings so I poured his drink on his head.

Today he tried to beat me up and I tripped him. He tried to punch me so I spun around and fell into the arms of a realy cute 6th year guy ( A freind of my brother). the 6th year named Tom picked up the guy who was fighting me and he put him into a bin, It was funny.

eoin (Scooter accident guy) was cleaning out his locker today even though we were supposed too last week cause were on holidays now (I'm doing an extra irish coarse) anyway his bag was realy heavy and it burst, so all the books fell on the ground

Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:18 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I wasn't there but something happened to my brother. He was sleeping peacefully on the top bunk of his bed. My other brother was sleeping below him. Apparently my brother fell out of bed and woke my other brother and asked if he was hurt. My brother didn't answer. When my brother looked closer he was still asleep after falling off. He woke the next morning with a bit of a headache and had no idea that he had fallen off his bed in the middle of the night.

Laugh if you think it's funny, ignore it if you think it isn't

^Click to Visit Pokemon Cobalt^

Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:40 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Now that I am back from camp, I have another to add.
My friend Artem and I, and a couple of our friends were playing in a stream, and I was wearing my flip-flops. Artem PO'd me, so I took off my flip-flops and began to chase him angrily. He told one of his friends to throw it in the stream, and he did-break it. I calmly took them and put them on the porch of my cabin, put on socks and sneakers, and got back out and snuck up on him. He was on the bank of the stream, and I yelled "FOOTWEAR HATER!" He was so startled, he did a spread-eagle onto a sandbank in the middle on the river and landed on his stomach. He got up, and he was covered from ankle to neck in watery sand. I laughed my head off.
This is what happens when you break someone's only pair of flip-flops.

-Gardevoir~

Fri Jun 16, 2006 6:07 pm
Super Saiyan
Super Saiyan

When my brother was 2 he had just gotten done watching toy story. With his metality, he believed himself to be buzz lightyear. He proceeded to leap of the top of a slide and broke his arm. Then he found out that he couldn't fly! :O

I have a friend and she is a very smart girl. However, she is a bit of a klutz. She often loses her balance and falls down. Just from standing up. Then in gym class she ran into a bench during a warm-up jog.

My friend enjoys wrestling with me a lot, for some reason. One time we were wrestling in his basement and I grabbed his arm, swung him around in a full circle, and released. I didn't really know where I had released him, until I saw his head slam into to the support pillar and his form crumple. o_0

Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:46 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next