It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:07 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 How to Measure Your Sig 
Lite Four
Lite Four

We're getting stupidly large amounts of "is my signature ok?" kind of threads. Why do I say stupid? Well, for one thing, you can actually measure your signature yourself, if you know how to add numbers correctly.

With FireFox: Right click the image in your sig, and go to "view images." In the upper left hand corner of your browser, it'll show the diminsions. Or, you can right click the image and go to properties. It'll show you the height and width.

With Internet Explorer: Right click the image, and go to properties. The first number displayed for dimensions is the width, and the second number is the height.

With Safari: Right Click or Control-Click on the image, and select "Save image to the Desktop". Or, simply click and drag the image to the desktop. Right Click/Control-Click on the File on your desktop, and select "Get Info". Under the "More Info" section, look at the Dimensions. The first number is the width, the second is the height.

It's that simple. If you have more than one image in your sig, add up the height of both images. If it exceeds 200px, you had better change it ASAP.

For info on the signature rules, please look here.

One last thing...for some reason, people have been making threads asking others to "rate" their signatures. I took this quote from Jigglypuff's definition thread:
Jigglypuff wrote:
TESTING is when you change your signature or avatar, and want to make sure it works.

Therefore, threads asking for people to rate your signatures will be locked. If you want someone to rate your signature, try Fanart.

Important: I'm aware that IE and FF aren't the only browsers out there. If you're using a different browser and know how to measure signatures with it, please PM me with the info, and I will add it to the list. Thanks! ;)

I'd also like to thank JsXtm for providing me with info on Safari.

Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:50 pm
Profile WWW
The Geek
The Geek

Jigglypuff would also like to point out that, thanks to a wonderful sig-preview feature that's been implemented in your profile, YOU DON'T NEED TO MAKE A TOPIC TO TEST YOUR SIGS. It's getting crazy how often people are posting with nothing more than "hey, is my sig ok?" "yep" "sure" "i guess". I thank Krisp for taking the initiative in getting the ball rolling on cleaning this up.

latina mortua lingua est // ud mortua ud ea possit
prima meas ancestras necavit // et nunc me necat

Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:47 pm
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 2 posts ]