It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Hearthrome City Gym Leader Help! 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I've NEVER had this much trouble battling a gym leader... :frustrated: Does anyone have any tips or tricks to help with beating the Gym Leader? If so, please help! :D

Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:43 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I had a lot of trouble with her too the first time but the next time I played the game (in platinum) I had Rotom on my team and the underlings gave me more trouble than she did. and if you just level up your starter like 10 - 15 lv.s above hers that should do the trick too and don't worry about over leveling it cuz most of the time my starter is 10 or more levels above the badge limit. hope this helps.

3DS FC: 0104-0278-1948

deviantART wrote:
Vectors-R-US:
They do it to trigger fan-fictions. Fur da lulz. Cuz you know how those fan stories can get... *shudders*

VladimirMacHolzraum:
So the writers put things in the show just so they can read our screwed-up fanfics? That explains everything

Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:52 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

its so easy, you have to catch drifloon in valley windwork on friday..hope this help :D

Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:17 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

It depends. If you happen to be playing Diamond, then a Stunky from the Cycling Road or Murkrow from Eterna Forest should easily beat her. As for Platinum, Drifloon and Rotom are useful, as said above, but using a Luxio or Grotle which have access to Bite can do the trick. Having Grotle use Curse a couple times against Duskull, healing the burn before attacking, and then sweeping her team, is very useful. I did the same thing with Gardenia. Hope this helps!

I created this banner, and I'm trying out new things, cause I need to work on this.

Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:34 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Well, I forget how I defeated Fanita, since it was so long ago. I'm not sure, but I think I just had everything at a very high level. Especially my shiny Golduck. :lol:

But I am starting to play my new Pearl. (I get hand-me-down games from my cousin, don't judge me) :|

XD Yup...

Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:15 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Well Fantina is Gym #5 in DP and #3 in Platinum. For DP Fantina, your Pokemon should at least be in the 30's (mid 30's would be ideal) and in Platinum, take that same level advice but except with the 20's. Ghost and Dark moves work great. Diamond has it a bit easier with access to Murkrow which I think does great against Fantina. But likely by this point you can have a Pokemon that knows Bite or Faint Attack or some other Dark/Ghost move like Luxio so that works too. Just be more status ailment recovery ready in Pokemon Platinum since in DP the only status ailment she inflicts confusion which you can just switch out. And be sure to have 6 Pokemon on your team so if you have to, one of your weaker Pokemon can "take one for the team" and give you a turn to heal your main guy. Or girl. Hope that helps.

Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:29 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

amandaa_laurenn wrote:
I've NEVER had this much trouble battling a gym leader... :frustrated: Does anyone have any tips or tricks to help with beating the Gym Leader? If so, please help! :D

Umm…I hate to be a spoilsport…but amandaa_laurenn posted this over two years ago…and it doesn't seem that she's been on much since then…I think that there's a good chance that she might be beyond Fantina now...

Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:15 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Kiga wrote:
amandaa_laurenn wrote:

Umm…I hate to be a spoilsport…but amandaa_laurenn posted this over two years ago…and it doesn't seem that she's been on much since then…I think that there's a good chance that she might be beyond Fantina now...

Oh sorry. I didnt realize...

I created this banner, and I'm trying out new things, cause I need to work on this.

Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:17 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Didn't even notice that date. It came up as a new post so I just went all "Pokemon knowledge" mode and gave my typical response for that problem.
However it is possible she's frozen in Antarctica and by the time she thaws out she's just about to face Fantina again...

Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:58 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

AHHHHH WHAT? TWO YEARS AGO?! NOOOOOOOOO-

Oh well. I just beat Fanita, though...

*blurts out* JUST HAVE A LUXIO OR LUXRAY USE BITE OR CRUNCH ON EVERYTHING! Sorry...

XD Yup...

Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]