It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ] 
 Heracross - The best physical sweeper? 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Hiya!

I believe that Heracross is the best physical sweeper. That is, of course, with adamant nature and the following moveset:<br>Earthquake</br><br>Seismic Toss</br><br>swords dance</br><br>and megahorn<br>(EVs: 252 atk 252 spd 6 hp)

What do you think of that? Can someone please mention a better physical sweeper? :?: :twisted:

Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:46 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

<font color="999999">(yay! I came back earlier than I thought! :P )

uh? what!? *looks at the first post*

<_<_>

well SpagettiMonster <--( :? ) what can I say...

of course the nature and those EVs are the correct ones, but... u know it could be better;

{heracross} @Shell Bell/Salac Berry/Choice Band
Male/Female; Adamant Nature
252 EVs for Attack, 252 Evs for Speed and 6 for HP
Swarm/Guts

Earthquake
Megahorn
Brick Break
Bulk Up

(Eighter Swarm or Guts aren

"Team Seekers"

"I'm perhaps the least typical Ledian user you'll ever get to see in the whole OU" - AABM.

· Say, Orange looks better than gray, doesn't it?

Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:02 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Walking down the path of life. Perhaps we will meet again someday.
Metagross after an Agility, Tyranitar after a few Dragon Dances, and Salamence in general.

Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:12 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Well, everyone knows that Heracross is the best Bug-Fighting type. :)

EDIT: Opps. Double post.

Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:16 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Earthquake
Megahorn
Brick Break
Bulk Up

Whats up with the bulk up and brick break? swords dance gives more attack and thats what its supoosed to do, and seismic toss at lvl 100 deals a lot moere damage...

Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:59 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Earthquake
Megahorn
Brick Break
Bulk Up

[/quote]

Whats up with the bulk up and brick break? swords dance gives more attack and thats what its supoosed to do, and seismic toss at lvl 100 deals a lot moere damage...[/quote]

<font color="999999">1. If u r ALWAYS deal 100 damage with Seismic-Toss u don

"Team Seekers"

"I'm perhaps the least typical Ledian user you'll ever get to see in the whole OU" - AABM.

Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:55 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Walking down the path of life. Perhaps we will meet again someday.
Heck! how is it that u can Quote someone?

Your format seems to be correct, so you probably turned off your BBCode.

Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:23 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

i think AABM the first move set he mentioned along with adamant nature and those evs could possibly be the best physical sweeper

Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:42 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

It certainly is a good one. I use sandslash myself. All pokemon have strengths and weaknesses. Whatever strategy you use is what makes your team strong. It may or may not be the best sweeper, Type match-ups, moves used, too many possibilities to calculate which is best. Whatever works best for your entire team is what counts IMO.

Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:19 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Whatever works best for your entire team is what counts IMO.

I think you're absolutely right.

AABM wrote:
1. If u r ALWAYS deal 100 damage with Seismic-Toss u don

Sat Oct 21, 2006 3:50 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

<font color="999999"> :shock:, lota people here is considering my thoughts! (I feel so good... :cry:)

Ok, to business. The fact that makes "Seismic Toss" and "Night Shade" powerful is the current level of the user pkmn, if your heracross is at Lv:100 Seismic toss will always deal 100 damage, so it doesn

"Team Seekers"

Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:59 am
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Yes, but again, his attack is so high, he'll deak more damage.

Oh, as for Heracross's item, SHELL BELL!!! The HP sucks. And SwordsDance/BulkUp raise the damage.

Oh, and one more thing, groudon hass (iirc) the Highest attack of all pokemon, and can do something most physical sweepers cant do. OHKO Skarmory.

Zangoose, Snorlax, Salamence, Metagross, Gyarados all do it quite nicely.

Please note: This is coming from an OFFICIAL Rater of the Hoenn Generation Team Rating Thread

Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:43 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

i recon Scizor with a Shell Bell, A-Ace, Swords Dance, Steel Wing, Silver Wind, 252 Att EV's, 252 Spd EV's and an Adamant nature is pretty awesome in its own right.

Cat - 'You're right; it revolves around me.'

Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:03 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

i dont think heracross is the best because of one simple reason - heaps of people use salamence. imagine your heracross with the original moveset. as soon as someone sends him out, i send out my salamence. it lowers hera's attack, and depending on which move hera did on the switch, they are all ineffective against sala and wont hurt him much at all. 4x weakness to flying means sala can kill him before the need to dragon dance. but you can almost guarantee hera will have to switch out which gives sala the chance to dragon dance. the only other possibility is hera will endure, but after dragon dance even a salac berry wont help it. rock slide is a nice alternative, but its hard to know what it should replace. im not saying you need to be able to counter every single pokemon, but you should think about how to take out some of the more popular ones.

i think its not a bad sweeper but by no means the best. i like
{heracross} @ salac berry
adamant/jolly nature
EVs obvious - max speed and attack
endure
reversal
megahorn
swords dance
both offensive moves gain power after enduring a hit, and receive stab. but there is no such thing as a perfect pokemon of course. i just think this is further from perfect than many other good sweepers, like my favourite - the mighty {salamence}. its good in certain situations, but lousy in others. it loses easily to sandstream {tyranitar} and a level 5 {taillow} can kill it with quick attack ;)

by the way, {groudon} doesnt have the highest attack - its {slaking} (unless im mistaken).

Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:57 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

i dont think heracross is the best because of one simple reason - heaps of people use salamence. imagine your heracross with the original moveset. as soon as someone sends him out, i send out my salamence. it lowers hera's attack, and depending on which move hera did on the switch, they are all ineffective against sala and wont hurt him much at all. 4x weakness to flying means sala can kill him before the need to dragon dance. but you can almost guarantee hera will have to switch out which gives sala the chance to dragon dance. the only other possibility is hera will endure, but after dragon dance even a salac berry wont help it. rock slide is a nice alternative, but its hard to know what it should replace. im not saying you need to be able to counter every single pokemon, but you should think about how to take out some of the more popular ones.

i think its not a bad sweeper but by no means the best. i like
{heracross} @ salac berry
adamant/jolly nature
EVs obvious - max speed and attack
endure
reversal
megahorn
swords dance
both offensive moves gain power after enduring a hit, and receive stab. but there is no such thing as a perfect pokemon of course. i just think this is further from perfect than many other good sweepers, like my favourite - the mighty {salamence}. its good in certain situations, but lousy in others. it loses easily to sandstream {tyranitar} and a level 5 {taillow} can kill it with quick attack ;)

by the way, {groudon} doesnt have the highest attack - its {slaking} (unless im mistaken).

we're talking about in general. Yes, Salamence can defeat it easily, but a simple ice beam takes care of Salamence, while a good Heracross user sees the super effective hit, and uses endure. You can'r judge how good a pokemon is just because another one can beat it, pokemon is like a big loop, there is no "top Pokemon".

Also, your Heracross moveset doesn' work. If you swords dance, you'll be ko'ed. If you endure and then swords dance, you'll be ko'ed....

And another Heracross set I haven't seen on this thread. The sub-puncher. The usual Jolly 252 att 252 spd EV spread,salac berry. But this time instead of endure, you use substitute. Can potentially keep more HP for you, and if your substitute lasts through an attack, free focus punch. Also carries the standard megahorn/reversal. Has its faults, but can take care of skarm and Bliss with ease.

And slaking actually does have slightly more attack power then Groudon, but is still bested by that evil evil attack deoxys :twisted:

Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:31 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

If I had a Heracross, I'd probably use it, but personally I'd rather stick to my hard-hitting physical sweeping Absol.

Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:30 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I have a Heracross at Lv.100 and it's awesome with Earthquake and Megahorn Herracross to me is unstopbable

Pokemon Pearl FC:2749 9225 9473

Up for a battle anytime! Just PM me.

Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:01 pm
Illiterate
Illiterate

Quote:
You can'r judge how good a pokemon is just because another one can beat it

I think you CAN judge a pokemon just because something else can defeat it, sepecially overused ones like {salamence} (and we are talking about aerial acers in general here).

That´s the same reason why the 4X weakness to ice prevents {salamence} and {dragonite} from being uber.

Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:43 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

If I had a Heracross, I'd probably use it, but personally I'd rather stick to my hard-hitting physical sweeping Absol.

Same, I definetly prefer my Absol. Mine's actually a mixed, and I usually put it in first just so it is supeffective against most.

I hate bug, and dislike fighting. Heracrosses are fairly hard to catch and look ugly. However I would agree it is pretty damn'd good.

Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:27 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

{heracross} isn't that ugly but I do prefer {salamence} although it has a 4x weakness to ice.

Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:09 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:40 pm
blah blah blah

Well, everyone knows that Heracross is the best Bug-Fighting type. :)

EDIT: Opps. Double post.

It's the only bug/fighting type and I to think it is one of the best fighting types and physical sweeper. But I preffer Gyarados with dragon dance, Return, EQ and, HP(ghost).

Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]