It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:01 pm

Reply to topic  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 overated/underrated pokemon 
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

underrated-dusclops...the one Phoebe has...thot it woulda been easy...i was pretty much wrong in underestimating both.

Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:33 pm
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

For those who need to see what pokemon are ou and for what reason, look here

In fact, I'll quote the important parts:
Nuetral777 wrote:
Pokemon that look great but actually don't do well:

Kingdra-This pokemon has a type combo that makes Water pokemon dance with joy. It can be Ice Beam'd to death while doing nothing to any water-type. It could use Rain Dance..but would be forced to switch after being confronted with a Blissey/Water Type.
Ninetales-One word. Blissey. This pokemon can't do anything the moment Blissey walks into the field.
Shuckle-It boasts extremely nice Def and Sp.Def but has no HP. While it takes minor damage from an attack, that minor damage will infact KO it. It also has nothing for a movepool.
Charizard-Great pokemon in BL/UU play however Thunderbolt, Surf, and Rock Slide are extremely common attacks and this pokemon has a weakness to all three. It can Sp.Sweep, Dragon Dance, CB, and counter Skarm-Bliss...but so many other pokemon do it better that this pokemon is just outclassed all around.
Registeel-It is simply outclassed by many other pokemon and its movepool is lacking. It lacks good STAB as well.

and, from another section

Regarding Uber Pokemon:

These are the only pokemon considered uber: Mew, Mewtwo, Ho-oh, Lugia, Lati@s(with Soul Dew), Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Deoxys(all forms), Wobbuffet.

Pokemon that people say are uber but are not:

Celebi: It has a 4x weakness to Bug. Any Special Sponge can handle it. Lapras can give it problems too.

Jirachi: STAB'd Earthquake can give this guy problems.

Raikou: Blissey. That is all.

Suicune: Psych Up Regice. Water Absorb. Curselax. Knock Off. Ludicolo. meh.

Zapdos: Ice Beam. Rock Slide. Two common as sin attacks.

Blissey: Anything with an Attack Stat higher than 240 can OHKO it.

Tyranitar: 4x weak to Fighting, 2x to Ground. Two of THE most common attack-types on a Physical Sweeper. Megahorn loves to hit this thing too.

Articuno: Mainly because of Mind Reader+Sheer Cold. However, a STAB'd Thunderbolt/Flamethower can at least 2HKO this pokemon before it can try a OHKO. Sturdy helps too.

Slaking: Traunt. If you can't stop a pokemon that can only attack every other turn..then you need to find a new game to play.

Metagross: Earthquake. Flamethrower. Skarm can stop it too. Donphan can too. ChoiceAero can kill it too.

Ninjask: Rock Blast. Roar. Whirlwind. Haze. Need I go on?

Skarmory: Thunderbolt. Nosepass. Magneton. They counter it HARD. Fire Blast/Flamethrower anyone?

Regice: Rock Slide, Focus Punch. Physical Sweepers in General.

Salamence: Ice Beam, Ice Punch, ICY WIND. Ice Attacks SMACK this thing down. Zapdos, Jolty, and Raikou 2HKO with Thunderbolt and no stat boosts.

Curselax: Haze. Whirlwind. Roar. Leech Seed. Sub. Counters galore.

I was about to include a tier list, but the one in netbattle was outdated, and the one on smogon is too long. So, just go to http://www.smogon.com/rs/tiers Anyway, Let me make this simple:
Any member that is over-used or borderline can be "overrated".
Any member of under used to never ued may be "underrated".
Exceptions occur, though.

Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:36 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

Smogon's tiers aren't exactly appropriate when it comes to gauging how overrated and underrated Pokemon are. Kingdra is classified as Borderline but that doesn't keep him from being highly OVERrated because of his limited movepool and inability to do anything to Special Sponges/water Pokemon. Togetic is tossed into NU on Smogon's tiers but she is more versatile and surprising than people would think.

Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:10 pm
Illiterate
Illiterate

WTF U MEAN BLAZIKEN HAS LOW SPEED?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!? my blaziken's speed is its highest stat! and when it was lvl 70 it could pw3n a lvl 100 swampert!!

{blaziken} rules!

Last edited by girog on Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:48 pm
Profile WWW
Illiterate
Illiterate

It means blaziken has low speed, what is so hard to understand about it?.

In nomine....Diabulus et...Belial, Satan, Astharoth, Lucifer et Yahve.

Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:55 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

just looking at the first 50 pokemon, here is a list of those who are faster than blaziken (or as fast in a couple of cases).

venusaur, charmeleon (not to mention charizard), pidgeot, raticate, fearow, arbok, pikachu, nidoking, ninetales, golbat, venomoth, diglett.

apart from a few, most people wouldnt rate too many of them as being specially fast. i mean, who would think that a nidoking could beat blaziken, or even a venomoth.

it doesnt mean blaziken is bad. eg with endure/reversal and salac it can be pretty deadly (although counters abound).

but the bottom line is, it isnt particularly fast. i wouldnt go as far as to say its speed is low though...

Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:32 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

If we mean Blaziken´s 80 in base speed, that may be considered either Standard or Low, that depends on the Metagame and personal jurisdiction.

As in underrated pokes, we have {togetic}, mainly because until R/S/E, it was the last evolutionary stage and it ended in Basic, from Baby (aka. Togepi), but now that it´s movepool is now nessesarily bad, and it´s stats are quite balanced (to me, it has everything I would expect) and the fact that it didn´t touch it´s strong points with the Normal/Flying type-combo and the 40 base in Attack made this poke underrated.

I´m currently thinking of {venomoth} being underrated as well, it has high Sp. Attack and Speed, it is a Sp. Sweeper in the world of Bug-types, but, although there are nicer Sp. Sweepers, this one can learn our three favorite powders in it´s repertoire, and now it can learn "Bug Upheavel" which is like the Bug-type "Psychic" move.

"Team Seekers"

"I'm perhaps the least typical Ledian user you'll ever get to see in the whole OU" - AABM.

· Say, Orange looks better than gray, doesn't it?

Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:27 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Who's this guy who quoted someone who thinks Metagross, Slamence and T-Tar are Ubers??
Oh its you P-L whatever you say has to be right and i noticed that Metagross, Slamence and T-Tar have the STATS of Ubers

Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:59 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

{clefable} i has i high sp.attack could be a Special Sweeper

{tauros} it has high attack and speed its defense may be low but it has fair sp.defense

{swellow} swellow could be a dynamo if you use him correctly

{flareon} flareon could be a physical sweeper while its not even slow

Overatted:
{skarmory} Thunderbolt Flamethrower =KO

{gardevoir} personally i cant see what people see in it any dark pokemon can knock it out in a heart beat

{blissey} High HP but a Powered Fighting Type like {machamp} could knock it out with 2-3 Cross Chops

{

Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:18 am
Illiterate
Illiterate

Cleafable: 85 sp attack is not "high" and it doesnt have the speed to sweep, altough it has a very good special moveset and could aim for a calm mind set..I agree on this one.

Tauros: Sp Def> Def? Did you even looked at the stats?, 95 base def + intimidate trait makes it good against pyshical sweepers, not specials. Altough I also agree is underated.

Flareon: It is slow, and with bad defence and a weakness to earthquake, this thing is not going to last a minute in battle.

Skarmory: If someone send their Thundrbolt/flamethrower you just switch skarmory OUT. (unless it is magneton).

Gradevoir: A dark knokc it easily? With very high special defence and acces to calm mind Dark attacks are not going to defeat this thing. besides, How many good dark pokemon are out there?

Blissey: First of all, machamp OHKO it with cross chop, but that doesnt matter because when they send their physical sweeper you switch blisset out, but I guess this is too hard to think about.

You know, there is something called strategy, wich makes pokemon like the skar-bliss combo amazing when used properly.

Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:40 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

i think that sceptile is underated because i always start with it and i think its pretty good in battle. also altaria because i have one and she is pretty good too. i think that some legendarys are overated because i am never comfortablew using them in battle for some reason. raquaza is not overated however.

Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:55 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Skarmory: If someone send their Thundrbolt/flamethrower you just switch skarmory OUT. (unless it is magneton).

Blissey: First of all, machamp OHKO it with cross chop, but that doesnt matter because when they send their physical sweeper you switch blisset out, but I guess this is too hard to think about.

You know, there is something called strategy, wich makes pokemon like the skar-bliss combo amazing when used properly.

This is like a time loop. Every time someone mentions SkarmBliss, someone else has to point out that they're The Super-Awesome Special Strategic Combo of DEATH™, and then someone else has to completely kill the argument with Sub-Punch Dragonite or Tyranitar. Or Mean-Look-Baton-Pass Umbreon.

Seriously, I'm just getting annoyed with the repetition in this thread. Can we please just say that SkarmBliss is good, provided you're not up against someone with half a brain to predict with?

Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:48 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

i think paras is underated. i caught 1 lv. 10 and it had 23 atk!

Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:12 am
Illiterate
Illiterate

I didn't said it was a super combo of death, I just mentioned that can totally own an unprepared oponent (in-game trainers for example). They are not excelent, but as a combo, they dont deserve to be called overated. I mean, you said so!!!, many things changed their standard movepool just to counter those pokemon.

.........Paras?.........Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha....Do you know what underated means?

Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:55 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

PARAS SUKS. dont get me rong. i just think it needs a bit more credit than its getting.

Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:58 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

{ursaring} This guy isn't bad for a normal type but people still hate it.

Regi's If their stats don't show High attack then it automatically suck to people.

{hitmonchan} A decent Fighter but is ridiculed WAY too much.

Overrated:

{salamence}You wouldn't believe me if I told you how many people I know who find this guy so great and then wonder I KO'D it in one shot with Ice Beam.

Legendaries I don't have to explain this do I?

Pokemon Pearl FC:2749 9225 9473

Up for a battle anytime! Just PM me.

Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:20 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

there r so mANY poes that r undarated. just coz no1 trains em doesnt mean there bad.

Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:39 pm
Illiterate
Illiterate

there r so mANY poes that r undarated. just coz no1 trains em doesnt mean there bad.

For example..........Paras?, that thing hasnt even evolved.

Again, do you know what underated means?, If no one uses them, it is not because they are very good.

Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:29 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

fine tell me wat undarated means. :frustrated:

Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:37 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

{salamence}You wouldn't believe me if I told you how many people I know who find this guy so great and then wonder I KO'D it in one shot with Ice Beam.

i think this means your friends are over-rated. anyone can OHKO a salamence with ice beam if it doesnt switch. you cant say a pokemon is over-rated just because it has a weak point, or just because it cant OHKO every opponent. even the greatest pokemon have weaknesses.....

Last edited by Cuddles on Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:32 pm
Illiterate
Illiterate

fine tell me wat undarated means.

mudkipman wrote:

Also, I would just like to clear up that over-rated means that people think they are better then they really are, and under-rated means that they are better than people don't give them credit for how good they are.

Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:54 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:56 pm
Illiterate
Illiterate

Why the hell did you asked if you knew the answer?

Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:43 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

to make u stop asking if i new or not. :frustrated:

Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:48 pm
Illiterate
Illiterate

Could't you just tell "Garabato stop asking" like anyone else would?

Seriusly, saying: "Tell me wat undarated means" isn't the best way to make someone stop asking. Specially when it seems like you had no idea of what "undarated" (misspelled) ment.

Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:33 am
Reply to topic   [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next