It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:13 am

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 taunt 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Ohhhh that is not good. Being Thrashed at by an Umbreon.

Pokemon Pearl FC:2749 9225 9473

Up for a battle anytime! Just PM me.

Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:52 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I think the Unown would use Struggle. Seeing as it can't use anything else. Or would it just get luck and be able to still use Hidden Power all it wants?

But isn't Hidden Power a direct damage attack?

Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:34 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Pokemaniac wrote:
I think the Unown would use Struggle. Seeing as it can't use anything else. Or would it just get luck and be able to still use Hidden Power all it wants?

But isn't Hidden Power a direct damage attack?

it is a damaging attack, but after your enemy uses torment, you cant use the same attack twice in a row. if you only have one attack all you can do on the alternate turns is use struggle.

Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:10 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I wonder what would happen if you gave ditto a choice band and it used transform - it certainly wouldnt be able to repeat transform (unless it changed into a ditto).

The effect of the Choice Band works when it sticks to a move your poke knows, when Ditto transforms, it no longer has "Transform" with it, so the Choice Band´s effect wont work... I think.

Now, on-topic, I say that using Taunt and Torment now sounds like a good idea if you mean to leave your opponents without PP, and it is even faster in a double battle and both of your pokes have the Ability "Pressure" :o... I think I have an idea for a team now 8-)

"Team Seekers"

"I'm perhaps the least typical Ledian user you'll ever get to see in the whole OU" - AABM.

· Say, Orange looks better than gray, doesn't it?

Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:50 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Now, on-topic, I say that using Taunt and Torment now sounds like a good idea if you mean to leave your opponents without PP, and it is even faster in a double battle and both of your pokes have the Ability "Pressure" :o... I think I have an idea for a team now 8-)[/color]

its a good tactic in some situations. eg it is a good way to nullify some pokemon, eg standard suicune (calm mind, rest, surf, roar) or to some extent snorlax (to stop it from cursing). but there are plenty of ways to get around it. eg if a faster pokemon gets a taunt in first and all your moves are like taunt, mean look, baton pass, torment, then all you will be able to do is struggle. now theres another question. lets say you have no attacking moves and someone uses taunt. of course you have to use struggle. but then what if they also use torment. will it cause the game to blow up? or is there a second kind of struggle? maybe struggle is the only move which can be used twice in a row after torment.

Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2