It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:56 am

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
 Battler or raiser? 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I know that the whole point of pokemon is to battle, but what I mean is do you try and whizz through the game, or do you take time to properly care for pokemon and give them items?

I'm a raiser, I take lots of care, make sure pokemon get the right items for them. I try and make them as good as they can be!

Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:07 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I'm more of a battler. After I beat the Elite 4, I changed into a raiser for the Battle Frontier. After all, it takes really great Pokémon to do anything at the BF.

Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:27 am
Illiterate
Illiterate

I guess Im a good raiser in order to find pokemon to battle.

I always breed a lot of the same pokes of a good nature and them take them to the guy in the BF who says how good your pokemon Dvs are. I choose the most apropiate pokemon and then EV train it, after that I just rare candy it into high levels and used for link-battle or BF.

In nomine....Diabulus et...Belial, Satan, Astharoth, Lucifer et Yahve.

Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:59 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Definately a Raiser, to me is much more important to make mah pokes look good and feel good with me in other to make my favorite move "Return" more powerful :o

I usually spend days breeding pokemon to have them with the correct Nature or the highest DVs as possible. This, of course, takes loads of time, but it is worth it when your best Flygon knocks Arena Tycoon Greta´s entire team :P

I rarely, if never, use Rare Candies, but I got lucky when my friend traded me a poke holding a "Lucky Egg" :o

"Team Seekers"

"I'm perhaps the least typical Ledian user you'll ever get to see in the whole OU" - AABM.

· Say, Orange looks better than gray, doesn't it?

Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:06 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I am more of a battler. That DV and EV stuff gets me confused.

Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:12 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

im a battler when i just want to get a game finished. eg trying to race through XD to get a {lugia}, or fire-red to get a {mewtwo}.

but when it goes beyond the games (ie the storylines) im a very careful "raiser". if its a legendary, i use a masterball and check the nature. if its not right i turn it off and start again. ive got a good collection of legendaries with perfect natures in this way (eg modest and timid mewtwos, gyogres, etc, jolly and adamant groudons, one of all four for rayquaza, etc etc etc).

i also spend lots of time breeding to get the right nature/ability/DVs for my pokemon. the effort is well worth it - i have a few pokemon with pretty much perfect stats (in the areas i care about anyway - eg i dont care about special attack on my snorlax). the emerald improvements - eg flame body, everstones, etc really help with all this.

then its a nice trip to the cave to fight some dittos. you can EV train 5 or 6 pokes at the same time very quickly. give them all macho brace (and pokerus if youre lucky), make ditto change into something that will give you 3 EVs (which amounts to 12 with pokerus and macho brace) but doesnt have any attacking moves, and then let all your pokemon appear one by one until the last one comes out and kills the ditto.

if youre diligent, then the battle frontier and link battles will be so much more enjoyable (for you!).

Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:44 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Im a raiser i raise different pokemon to serve as alternates i use exp share or take pokemon to daycare and also just battle with them

Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:36 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I'm both. I raise pokemon now, use them in battles later. It should be helpful with Diamond, Pearl, and Battle Revolution, with each being able to use WiFi.

Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:34 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I guess I'm kinda both. I normally will be battling, and if I reptitively find spots that give me a hard time, ie, having all of your opponents use explosion, I'll raise a pokemon that can resist those moves. I sometimes do just breed a certain pokemon until it has a good nature and EVs, just to have a good one of those pokemon.

Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:29 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Generally, Ill be a battler for all my pokemon except for my starters, shinies, and faves, like Glalie or Ampharos. I think I do that because they are my best ones, and I want them to do well

Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:00 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Battler. I know all those DV, EV stuff but it's too boring for me. ı love battling but I don't have the endurance!

That's why I love NB.

Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:37 am
Illiterate
Illiterate

i take care of them as well as i can, thats y my party is all lvl 100. so, ya, im a raiser

({ralts} rules!)

Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:41 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Location: Arising from my frozen state of death to curse you!

The cold-blooded Latias expert in Asia with powers over the stars.

80d10302

Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:37 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I'm both. I battle with my legendaries and starter, and i raise an army of torchics/combuskens/blazikins!!! :D

Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:03 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Battler. I know all those DV, EV stuff but it's too boring for me. ı love battling but I don't have the endurance!

That's why I love NB.

You see, I am the complete opposite. I love the fact that I will only get a perfect team when I finally train a team that is my own, and I know my Pokemon inside out. With NB, it's all numbers, whereas with the games, you learn about your Pokemon. You have to hatch multiple pokes, hope it has good DVs, EV train it, battle it against the various trainers in the game, build its friendship so Return does loads of damage, and then go and sweep away your friends with pride.

That's why I hate NB.

"Play with fire and expect to be burned."

Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:53 pm
blah blah blah

actually i'm more of a battler with a fake team that i make just to beat the game just catching pokes that are strong but i won't use in my actual team. Then i start raising them and it takes forever but it's worth it.

Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]