It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:30 pm

Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Why is Espeon considered so bad? 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

@Elemental trainer: LOL CAPS LOCK!
@Silver: Maybe if you bothered to add punctuation to your post to make it readable, your argument might carry a little more weight.

Anyways, as has already been said, Espeon is typically looked poorly upon because the only decent attack moves it gets are Psychic, Hidden Power, and Shadow Ball (in D/P at least). Sure it's cute and all, and it has nice stats, but it's lack of versatility in attack capability usually leads people to other Psychic types, such as Alakazam, Grumpig, or Gardevoir.
maybe if you bothered to mind your business we wpo;dnt be having a discussion about it

Wed May 09, 2007 11:12 pm
Fails at life
Fails at life

I disagree about espeon.Espeon is strong mybe better than Umbreon

Thu May 10, 2007 5:07 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I disagree about espeon.Espeon is strong mybe better than Umbreon

Say what you will...but we both know that Umbreon's better :wink: haha

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000277476380 Let's be friends?

Fri May 11, 2007 12:53 pm
Profile WWW
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

I like espeon wayyyyyyy more. Although ive only had my xp. with it on Poke'mon Collesum (srry for the spelling) I use it way more then umbreon because its fast, its moves do good damage, and its pretty. I like cats, so i like espeon. :D

The Eevee family are all foxes.

Anyway, I can't really give an Espeon opinion, as I don't really go into raising it. It's kinda hard to get which is why I go for other Psychic types, namely Alakazam, Bronzong, and Metagross. If it wasn't so hard to get I might use it more. In my Gold I didn't have a clue about how friendship works, so I just went through the E4 for umpteen times. As a result, both Espeon and Umbreon evolved at lvl 50. In the Adv. Gen they did at lvl 30 (I did that for Bite, as they don't learn Bite), so I may use them more often.

And when people say "Toxitrapper", I assume they mean using Mean Look followed up by Toxic - a move now learned naturally by tons of DP Pokemon, and a move that is positively evil. I do like how Roselia now has Toxic in its movepool.
"Roselia forgot Toxic Spikes and learned Toxic!"
I'm going to see if the Toxic-Leech thing works as well in DP as it does in RBY. If it does it's a sure 3-turn kill...

Back to the subject of Eeveelution preference.
I don't like Espeon and Umbreon as much because they have a small movepool, and Umbreon is big on Defense. (Look, I'm not that big on Defense. Sure it's good, but that's an intermittent extreme for me.) I don't like Jolteon or Flareon because of their low HP and stats (Jolteon is practically unstoppable in RBY). Vaporeon's my fave because of its looks and high HP. (I'm not big on HP but I just like it.) I also like Glaceon because I love Ice-types and it looks cool. And Leafeon? No comment (I don't have one yet, and it looks like it's on gas-fire).

- DNA
(Oh great, another long post...)

Silver wrote:
maybe if you bothered to mind your business we wpo;dnt be having a discussion about it

Wpo;dnt? 0_o

Fri May 11, 2007 1:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2