It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:18 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Pokemon Special (Pokemon Adventures) Manga 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I've been wondering if anyone besides me has seen and/or read it. In case you don't, Pokemon Special is a manga based off of the video games, but it is not at all like the anime. For example, each 'season' of Special is based off of a certain trio of games, ex. RBG and GSC. But there are also differences in the manga. Like Team Rocket's top three agents are Sabrina, Lt. Surge, and Koga, and that Pryce is evil.
Here are the Protagonists of each 'season'

Image This is Red. The first protagonist and champion of the 9th Pokémon League. Initially shown as a rash young trainer, he has matured over the course of the series. He started with a Poliwag since he was a little kid. The Poliwag, then Poliwhirl, evolved into Poliwrath to save Red from drowning. When he started his journey, he received a Bulbasaur from Professor Oak. It eventually evolved to a Venusaur, but he temporarily traded it with his rival Blue for a Charizard in FRLG, though they traded back at the end of the saga. His other Pokémon are Gyarados, Snorlax, Pikachu, and an Aerodactyl. He specializes in Pokémon Battles (The Battler).

Image This is Green. The cool-headed yet somewhat cocky rival of Red. Now, they get along pretty well. He had the starter Pokémon Charmander, now a Charizard. He excels at training Pokémon (The Trainer), even those that are not his. Current Team in the FRLG saga consists of Charizard, Golduck, Machamp, Rhydon, Porygon2, and Scizor.

Image This is Blue. A crafty and perky girl who stole a Squirtle from Professor Oak. She is a friend of Yellow’s and deceived Red into buying fake items. Now a friend of Red. Has a past with Silver. Her Squirtle has since evolved into a Blastoise. She excels at evolving Pokémon (The Evolver). Her current team comprises of Blastoise, Wigglytuff, Clefable, Granbull, Nidoqueen, and Ditto.

Image This is Yellow. The happy-go-lucky and kind-hearted protagonist. Yellow has a rare magical power to heal Pokémon (The Healer), a trait seen only in special individuals from the Viridian Forest area. She disguised herself as a boy on a mission to save Red. She also has a magical power to read Pokémons' minds, which is also from the Viridian Forest. She always sleeps after using her abilities due to their high use of her energy. During her adventures, she borrowed Red’s Pikachu. She now has her own Pikachu, a female named Chuchu. Her current team consists of Pikachu, Golem, Omastar, Dodrio, Butterfree, and Raticate.

Image This is Gold. The good-hearted, but somewhat perverse, hero of the Gold & Silver saga. The third protagonist. Very rash, even more so than Red. He has the Pokémon Pichu, and is capable at hatching Pokémon (The Hatcher). His current team consists of Typhlosion, Aipom, Mantine, Politoed, Sudowoodo, Sunflora, and Pichu.

Image This is Silver. Gold’s cold and distant rival, and the son of Team Rocket leader Giovanni. Has a past with Green. He had the starter Pokémon Totodile (stolen, like Green’s Squirtle), now a Feraligatr. He specializes in trading Pokémon (The Trader).

Image This is Crystal. An intelligent and energetic expert at catching Pokémon (The Capturer). She has caught every non-legendary Pokémon for Professor Oak (she got the legendary Pokémon’s data with the help of the 1st generation trainers). She had a Chikorita for a starter Pokémon, which is now a Meganium.

Image This is Ruby. The well-meaning but a bit obnoxious protagonist of The Fourth Chapter, and Gym Leader Norman’s son. He hates Pokémon battles and prefers to compete in Pokémon Contests, as a result of what had happened to him and Sapphire when they were young. Ruby received the starter Pokémon Mudkip, now a Swampert.

Image This is Sapphire. Daughter of Professor Birch and Ruby’s rival. She is very wild and often dresses in clothes made of leaves. She loves battling and thinks Pokémon Coordinators (like Ruby) are prissy, as a result of what had happened to her and Ruby when they were young. She had Torchic for a starter Pokémon, now a Blaziken.

There are more characters, like Emerald, Diamond, Pearl, and Berlitz, but I think this is well enough to start a conversation

^^^spongedude made this. He is AWESOME!!

Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:39 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

I've heard of it, and I know bits of the storyline... never read it though. There's a big manga/anime/other nerd stuff shop about half an hour's journey from my house that I found out about recently, so I'll see if they have any copies.

Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:29 am
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:10 pm
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

hmm maybe the last game will not be called opal after all...

Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:33 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Berlitz isn't named after any games. Neither is Wally. They are the only main characters that are not named after the games.

Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:34 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

I downloaded some scans of the Pokemon manga, but I'm too lazy to read them. I might do it sometime when my internet is down and I have nothing better to do.

Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:48 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:03 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]