It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:14 pm

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 
 hacking 
Fails at life
Fails at life

what is so bad about hacking pokemon? everyone sais hacking is bad, i dont see whats so bad about it. maybe hacking pokemon straight off but what about encounter cheats? seriously i dont think hacking is "so bad".

Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:22 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Well you may not think it is bad but it can mess up your game and I'am not willing to take that chance I have to many good pokemon to do that.

Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:33 pm
Profile YIM
Fails at life
Fails at life

it only messes up your game if you do something stupid

Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:34 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

it only messes up your game if you do something stupid

well u need to realize that the world is made up of stupid people :)
but either way, hacking the right or wrong way, u can get those nasty bad eggs that i will never want to mess with...

Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:20 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Hacking to complete your pokédex is a bit pointless... as you just won't get the same feeling of satisfaction.

Hacking to get a pokémon with favourable stats is not so bad, so long as it is a permissible set - hacking moves that shouldn't be on a pokémon (or, of course, wonder guard spiritomb...) is just silly.

However using these hacked pokémon to battle is bad - as people who may have spent many hours breeding for a good nature, then many more hours EV training will lose to people who spent 10 minutes typing in a code.

Even worse is hacking pokémon to trade... it destroys the entire stucture of the GTS (though with the cloning glitch that is already screwed up) and people can get hacked pokémon they don't want, and can never know ehat is going to be real. (And occasionally these hacked pokémon can screw up their game or get them banned from Nintendo WFC)

Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:24 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

well, not only the commen "it messes up your game", but im sure its illeagal to some extent.

Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:54 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

There are few times that hacking may be good. This would involve obtaining Pokemon. Yes to hack to fill the Pokedex is pointless as Joey90 said, but to gain certain Pokemon is alright. When it comes to some event Pokemon and exclusives that would be alright if you don't have friends to trade with or Wi-Fi. Without these you might have to hack to get them because chances are that you might not find events. But to gain hack Pokemon when you have friends and/or Wi-Fi to trade with is just wrong. When it comes to a Pokemon stats hacking would be a last resort as the last statement. To hack to get a Pokemon with good stats defeats the reasons of breeding, and when you use it to get stats on a Pokemon that shouldn't have them is wrong on all acounts. I heard about hacking for TMs that is good only if you want more and if there is only one in the game. To get TMs like Earthquake and Dragon Pulse through hacking is wrong since there is a fair way to get them. Money, why hack to get money?! It is the easiest thing to get in the game. You can rebattle trainers with lots of money, or battle the E4 over and over again. I have hit the max amount of money several times, and between each time I have spent a lot of it. Now to my opinion on hacking Shinies. They only time you could hack with all good, would be one that is legendary that appears in one place and it wasn't shiny for you. Shinies are ment to be gained by luck. To find one is like winning the lottery in Jubilife City. I should know, my sister did both. If you hack to get any shiny that you could get fairly, why do it? Yes you might want it, but having a shiny symbolizes the luck someone when through, to hack to get a shiny is morally wrong.

In my overall opinion hack is to be a last resort. Anything other than that is wrong. Now when it comes to messing up a game, I feel that it happens because it is unatural even if it happens because of a mistake. I have seen what has happened from hacking. (not from Pokemon games) The people who did the hacking are people who I would see as not making a mistake to mess up their game.

Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:49 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

To get TMs like Earthquake and Dragon Pulse through hacking is wrong since there is a fair way to get them.

Um. No. Cheating to get TMs is fine, since I'm not going to play through Diamond version 5 times to get 5 EQ TMs, thanks.

Quote:
Now to my opinion on hacking Shinies. They only time you could hack with all good, would be one that is legendary that appears in one place and it wasn't shiny for you.

This makes absolutely no sense, so moving on...

Quote:
If you hack to get any shiny that you could get fairly, why do it?

Because I wanted a white/blue Zangoose since it's one of my favorite Pokemon, or because I wanted trade bait?

Quote:
Yes you might want it, but having a shiny symbolizes the luck someone when through, to hack to get a shiny is morally wrong.

Um...not really. And saying anything in video games is "morally wrong" is just retarded.

Quote:
well, not only the commen "it messes up your game", but im sure its illeagal to some extent.

It's amusing when idiots say "IT MESSES UP UR GAEM LOL" when it doesn't. It's not common at all, so stop saying it is. And "illegal?" Do you really think the police are going to come to my house and arrest me because I cheated for a shiny Eevee?

Besides hacking stats/moves on Pokemon, I don't really understand why people whine about cheating. If I want a Surfing Pikachu, why should I have to buy a Wii, buy a crappy console Pokemon game, play it for 40520347134803 hours, just to get an Impish natured Surfing Pikachu? Yeah, I'm definitely not going to torture myself with that. Cheating for unlimited TMs shouldn't be a problem, because I'm not playing through the game multiple times to get a certain TM.

Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:25 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Wow Krisp... you didn't seem to read my post all the way through....

1) Play Diamond 5 times to get 5 Earthquakes? WTF? I said cheating would be alright for once a game TMs. Not every TM is a once in the game thing. TMs like Earthquake and Dragon Pulse can be obtained multiple times in the game without having to reset. (Battle Tower Prize!)

2) The shiny thing, would it really be right to get a shiny Pokemon through cheating? Even if you wanted it that bading, couldn't you try to earn it fairly. Yes that one shiny statement may not have made sence but moving on. Now it you put effort into trying to get a shiny and failed, then it would be alright to hack. It would only be wrong to get it without even trying. Why did you think they made shiny Pokemon, the way to get them is luck, and do you think that they are happy that a game they worked hard to create is getting hacked to get everything without trying.

3) Saying it is morally wrong is retarded, that I can say, it is wrong. If I where to make a video game of my own with special things that would happen by chance, I would not want some jerks hacking their way through without doing a thing. If you want a shiny so bady try to get in honestly. Hacking to get a shiny is like stealing in real life. You don't earn it you took it. And don't say that's different, because when you break it down it is the same. Your greed took over and you got it in a way that doesn't not apply to the rules.

4) Do you really think that illegal means that the police would come through your door? NO! What do you think bad eggs are? They are a way at getting back that those illegal Pokemon. I even heard of banning people from Wi-Fi for that kind of thing.

Now if you where to make a game with all the rules set, would care that people would blaze through without doing the rules. If you say you don't care, it's just a game. Then you shouldn't say anything in this topic, since would could care less. Don't get me wrong, hacking is alright to some limits. When you bend that rules too far then it is wrong. What is the point of buying a game just to hack through it? If that's the case then don't spend your money on the game at all.

Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:06 am
Fails at life
Fails at life

^^^
2) The shiny thing, would it really be right to get a shiny Pokemon through cheating? Even if you wanted it that bading, couldn't you try to earn it fairly.

your kidding right? earn it fairly?!

that would take hours,days, weeks to look for the one that you want.

Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:11 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Groudon King wrote:
^^^
2) The shiny thing, would it really be right to get a shiny Pokemon through cheating? Even if you wanted it that bading, couldn't you try to earn it fairly.

your kidding right? earn it fairly?!

that would take hours,days, weeks to look for the one that you want.

I'm saying put some effort into it. About as much as you would feel alright. At the least a week. Or maybe trade with someone that has it. It is true that the time you could find the one you want may differ, but it doesn't always take long. Example I have played my Ruby version much longer than my sister, but in less time than me she got a shiny Pokemon fair and square. I mean she was only looking for Nosepass but found a shiny Zubat first.

Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:19 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

In my opinion hacking is not totally wrong. If games were made to make people have a good time playing, and if having a good time playing a game means to some hacking and getting all the good stuff without effort, what's wrong in that?

I personally don't like hacking because I find it way more amusing to have something obtained with personal effort, even if that means playing P/D 5 times (ok maybe not 5 times) to get something I really want. I like it better that way, it takes much more time and effort but I'll end up getting it. If hackers think it's cooler to have everything at a distance of a code (shinies, TMs, event pokes, whatsoever), ok. It's a matter of personal taste.

I'm not also against those who hack their pokemon EVs to max them or put them at lvl 100 right away, and then battle at Wi-Fi. I might be wrong, but most of people who do that don't probably have time in their lives JUST for Pokemon and therefore need a 'boost' to enjoy it to the maximum like the others who kill themselves EV training to have a decent team for the Wi-Fi, and enjoy it the same way.

In my opinion, hacking is only wrong when you may put the others' games in danger, for example, by using codes to get rare shiny pokemon and then trick the others to trade with you. I think someone needs to be pretty selfish to do that, since you may be wrecking a game which cost REAL money and other's people hard work.

Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:20 am
Fails at life
Fails at life

bre1oom wrote:
Groudon King wrote:
^^^
Example I have played my Ruby version much longer than my sister, but in less time than me she got a shiny Pokemon fair and square. I mean she was only looking for Nosepass but found a shiny Zubat first.

it was luck.

Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:42 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Well that is the point. The odds of getting one. They where designed to be gained by luck. So you could have the best of luck and get a shiny as the first Pokemon in the wild when you continue the game, lucky to find one some time later, or have no luck and never find one in your life. But if you hack for one, what is the point? You really wanted it isn't much as an excluse to hack without trying. If you never try then how would know if your luck as turned for the good?

Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:53 am
Fails at life
Fails at life

you have a 1 in 8192 chance in seeing one so you have to be really lucky
and alot of people dont have good luck. it could be your starter or the 8192nd pokemon you see.

Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:18 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

There are different reasons for hacking a shiny... some 'better' than others:

1. Hacking a shiny because you like the colours (Krisp...) the most harmless... simply done because you like the look of it and the pwetty sparkles when it comes out of its ball.

2. Hacking a shiny just because you can have a uber cool team of shinies :| - this is a pretty pointless thing to do... as you get none of the satisfaction of finding a shiny, but on the other hand it isn't hurting anyone but yourself...

3. Hacking a shiny to show off to your friends/forum kind of a worse version of 2 - pretty sad that you need to hack to impress.

4. Hacking a shiny as 'trade bait', hacking a shiny just so you can trade with other people is the worst kind... you are tricking other poeple into thinking that they are getting a rare thing, when in fact you just typed in a code for it... and getting a pokémon back which you don't even need because you could just hack it.*

As for TMs and moves, as I said before I don't really care so long as it would have been possible to do it without hacking as trawling through the game for a TM or playing the slot machine 100 billion times to get one doesn't require any skill or luck... just a lot of time.

*yes I am aware that it is silly to attatch emotional feeling to 'bits of data' but some people do feel very strongly about them.

Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:56 am
Fails at life
Fails at life

and just to let you know i dont hack i just dont know what could be so bad about it

Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:11 pm
Profile WWW
Lite Four
Lite Four

Play Diamond 5 times to get 5 Earthquakes? WTF? I said cheating would be alright for once a game TMs. Not every TM is a once in the game thing. TMs like Earthquake and Dragon Pulse can be obtained multiple times in the game without having to reset. (Battle Tower Prize!)

I didn't know EQ was obtained through BT, because I don't play battle tower. I'd rather cheat for 99 EQ TMs than try to play through battle tower (with the AI cheating, by the way), and waste hours and hours. There's nothing wrong with cheating for all the TMs in the game.

Quote:
Even if you wanted it that bading, couldn't you try to earn it fairly. Yes that one shiny statement may not have made sence but moving on. Now it you put effort into trying to get a shiny and failed, then it would be alright to hack. It would only be wrong to get it without even trying. Why did you think they made shiny Pokemon, the way to get them is luck, and do you think that they are happy that a game they worked hard to create is getting hacked to get everything without trying.

Um...yeah, here, let me waste days and days and days of my life trying to find a certain shiny. If I haven't found ONE shiny Pokemon in Pearl with over 300 hours of gameplay, I doubt I'm going to find a certain shiny Pokemon in a reasonable amount of time. That also cancels out the "effort" thing.

Quote:
3) Saying it is morally wrong is retarded, that I can say, it is wrong. If I where to make a video game of my own with special things that would happen by chance, I would not want some jerks hacking their way through without doing a thing. If you want a shiny so bady try to get in honestly. Hacking to get a shiny is like stealing in real life. You don't earn it you took it. And don't say that's different, because when you break it down it is the same. Your greed took over and you got it in a way that doesn't not apply to the rules.

Again. Nobody with a brain is going to TRY to find a certain shiny. Stealing in real life is hurting an individual or a group of individuals. If I cheated for a shiny Eevee or something because I like the color, I really don't see who that's hurting. Sure, you could bitch about me using it in battle, but guess what! It has random stats and a random nature. So am I really cheating you out of a good battle? Absolutely not.

Quote:
4) Do you really think that illegal means that the police would come through your door? NO! What do you think bad eggs are? They are a way at getting back that those illegal Pokemon.

Wow, people still believe that rumour? Quote from Bulbapedia: "Bad eggs first appeared in the advanced series of Pokémon games. It is the typical result when data for a Pokémon is corrupted, either by the user changing it using a cheating device, normal save file corruption, a transfer error, or a hacked Pokémon may get corrupted and turned into a bad egg when transfered to Pokémon Battle Revolution. A bad egg is not actually a Pokémon egg, and very well may have never been, but because of the way the 16-bit checksum value works in the Pokémon's data structure, this default message might appear." It has nothing to do with "punishing" cheaters. Similar glitches appeared in earlier games as well; was that to punish cheaters too? No.

Quote:
Now if you where to make a game with all the rules set, would care that people would blaze through without doing the rules.

Right. So everyone who uses a cheating device automatically cheated to get through the game. The rest of your post was pretty silly, so I'm not even going to respond.

Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:14 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Joey90's opinions are by far the best when it comes to shiny Pokemon. You would have to be a true retard to disagree.

Overall hacking is unatural. I mean it isn't part of the game, and that bothers me. Personally I would never hack, and never will. I would not waste my money to buy some device to get stuff in the game that I could get by other means. Hacking to get endless TMs is a waste to a point, you're most likely not going to use a lot. I think we can all agree that when it comes to hacking to get Pokemn with unatural stats is wrong.

I do respect others opinions even if they oppose my own. I try not to flame others, and if I did then I'm truely sorry.

Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:47 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

If you "hacking" a pokemon for a pokemon competition, that's completely wrong. But if you "hacking" for personal use, it's OK, i think.

-psynvrn, 2008

Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]