It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:55 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 How do you train your Pokemon and what for? 
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Hello everyone, I was just wondering how you train your Pokemon and what do you train them for?

For me, I usually battle with one Pokemon at a time and let them get the EXP rather then rotating my Pokemon between battles and sharing EXP. Sharing EXP may be useful for having a balanced Pokemon team but I prefer having a single powerful Pokemon rather then several mediocre ones. Also, I make a single Pokemon the very best it can be, (via EVs, hold items, moves and such), before I move onto the next one. I train my Pokemon specifically for Wi-Fi battles and the Battle Tower because I have already beaten the Elite Four in Pearl, I hope to put up a fight and maybe even win some matches! I don't train for or participate in Contests.

Well, that's how I train my Pokemon, how about you?

Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:21 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

If Im training for in-game (like gym/elite 4) then I try to keep my pokes balanced and stronger than the current leader. This usually means some grinding though.

If Im training like for EVs or a competitive poke, first Ill EV train them. Once theyre trained, Ill give it an EXP share and use other powerful pokes and keep battling the elite 4 until he gets strong. But once its level up moves are done, Ill use a cool trick to get them to Lv 100.

Ill put him in the daycare then Ill then go to a 'bike only ramp' and clamp down on the 'up' button so he will be going up the ramp then slide down. In R/S/E this happens very fast but in D/P/P its super slow, so it only works on GBA games. Anyway Ill then just go on with life- home, school, whatever. And after a while Ill go to the daycare and he will be Lv 100!

In short: EV train > Elite 4 train > daycare trick

Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:30 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

The bike ramp trick really works? I might have to try that on the team I'm training in Ruby. :D

I usually just grind to a particular level (usually a multiple of five that sits just above the current Gym Leader's strongest Pokemon), I usually only train a fraction of the Pokemon I catch, since I tend to keep a "final team" for in-game purposes sometime after the fourth gym leader but before the eighth. After I beat the Elite Four and the regional Champion (Red/Steven), I start EV training some Pokemon for competitive battles, but usually only train a few of them.

Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:20 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
I keep a team of pokemon for in-game purposes which I usually never have to grind at all with unless before facing the Elite 4 & the team usually consist of 2 or more pokemon I decide to train simply to experiment with though in HGSS I had to grind a little bit before facing the Kimono Girls & it didn't really help all that much thanks to Last Resort...

After the Elite 4 & Champion are taken out, I finish the rest of the post game trainers & what not with that same team & then start to EV train another team of pokemon which I use for like the Battle Frontier or just to have a change in party per say...

I have never participated in Competitive Battle, I find it a bit linear...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:24 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Generally I just battle up to the elite four, not paying attention to Evs.

When im taken on the battlefronteir, there are a few pokes I may rebreed for ev training purpose. But all in all I just get all my pokemon up to lvl 50, and then take on the battlefronteir.

Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:46 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Shuckle-rock$ wrote:
If Im training like for EVs or a competitive poke, first Ill EV train them. Once theyre trained, Ill give it an EXP share and use other powerful pokes and keep battling the elite 4 until he gets strong.

I never thought about doing EV training first and then leveling up my Pokemon. It sounds like a much better way to train my Pokemon this way as it will be much easier to keep track of their EVs. I usually get my Pokemon to high levels, use EV removing berries on them and then I EV train them. I probably should of trained my Pokemon like this from the start.

Shuckle-rock$ wrote:

Ill put him in the daycare then Ill then go to a 'bike only ramp' and clamp down on the 'up' button so he will be going up the ramp then slide down. In R/S/E this happens very fast but in D/P/P its super slow, so it only works on GBA games. Anyway Ill then just go on with life- home, school, whatever. And after a while Ill go to the daycare and he will be Lv 100!

I've never heard about the bike trick until now...

Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:28 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]