It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:52 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Pokedex Entries that make ZERO sense 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Location: Searching for the place all the Abra teleport to. I'm going to crash their party.
I was flipping through the psydex earlier today, when I noticed something interesting. It appears as though a good chunk of the Pokedex Entries don't match up with their pokemon very well when it comes to battle.

Now, it's not like I just now noticed; I've always known that some of the pokedex entries nintendo does are sometimes off. But when I read this particular one, it caused me to double take.

*ahem*

Escavalier
Bug/Steel
Black Entry-"They fly around at high speed, striking with their pointed spears. Even when in trouble, they face opponents bravely."

Base Speed-20

Really, nintendo? You create a Pokemon that takes the throne of the slowest pokemon ever, and says it flies at high speeds? Are yeh sure you weren't thinking of Accelgor? :frustrated:

Now, without further ado, I would like everyone to post pokedex that, when you read, you were just at a loss for words about how incredibly off it was when pertaining to the pokemon. Ready... go.

Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:27 am
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

"NIDOKING's thick tail packs enormously destructive power. With one swing, it can topple a metal transmission tower. Once this POKÉMON goes on a rampage, there is no stopping it."

How? I mean not to get judgmental about a Pokemon that I really like, but it's 4'7" tall, Four and a half feet tall, not even the size of an average adult, so why can't a rhydon, or even a ryhorn simply use Earthquake and take it down? Nidoking does after all have a 2x weakness to it.

An old team I had an idea for. Criticism is appreciated.

SoulSilver-- 1892-9981-0071

Diamond-- 5414-8714-8656

Trading thread-- viewtopic.php?f=36&t=27567

Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:20 am
Profile YIM
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

this pokedex entry for azurill irritates me
Snipets from various pokedex entries
A Pokemon that lives by water.
The tail is a flotation device in water.
On sunny days, they gather at the edge of water and splash about for fun.

Then why the heck is azurill not a water type if its tail is a flotation device I understand it needs to breathe air but I understand azurill has no hands but come on even with fluid resistance azurril coud probably go about 20-25 ft in water an what's to say its face does not end up in the water from time to time.

this nosepass entry Its nose is a magnet. As a result, this Pokemon always keeps its face pointing north. also bothers me why is it not a rock electric if it is an MAGNETICALLY CHARGED rock why not make it a rock electric

Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:55 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

You know what I hate? When the weight/height doesnt make any sense at all!

Take Groudon for example. In the anime and movies (not including the Jirachi one when it grows to the size of a mountain) it shows him as a giant Godzila-like thing crushing land masses and boulders. But its pokedex says its 11ft 6in, a little less than twice the height of two grownups! And it weighs only about a ton! It would probably have a hard time lifting one of the moving diesels in my sig.
Heck, a big rock slide, or the moving train in my sig, would probably kill it without having to try much. So much for a giant Godzila...

Also, you all know Wurmple? Its height says its only 1ft. Pretty reasonable? But in one of the anime episodes I bothered to watch, it showed Aaron with a Wurmple that was as tall as his entire leg!

Lets also not forget Magneton, who apparently grew 3in and gained 92.7lb when evolving...

Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:19 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I have a Pokedex entry that makes no logical sense from Black and White.

Metang: It is formed by two Beldum joining together. Its steel body won't be scratched if it collides with a jet.

I'm sorry, how did they test this, did they actually collide a JET, (With a pilot in it) into a Pokemon? Isn't that animal cruelty and why on earth would they do this to a Pokemon! Plus, can you imagine the amount of money it would take to do it! Who thought of this Pokedex entry, where's the logic!

Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:35 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I haven't done the math myself, but apparently {wailmer} and {wailord} should not be allowed to dive.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:34 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

pelligargetic wrote:
I haven't done the math myself, but apparently {wailmer} and {wailord} should not be allowed to dive.

How so?? I mean, whales can dive below the ocean, so I don't see why a Wailord can't...

@CommandoFlygon: There's probably some way to calculate it using physics, but I see what you mean.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:04 pm
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

CommandoFlygon wrote:
I have a Pokedex entry that makes no logical sense from Black and White.

Metang: It is formed by two Beldum joining together. Its steel body won't be scratched if it collides with a jet.

I'm sorry, how did they test this, did they actually collide a JET, (With a pilot in it) into a Pokemon? Isn't that animal cruelty and why on earth would they do this to a Pokemon! Plus, can you imagine the amount of money it would take to do it! Who thought of this Pokedex entry, where's the logic!

Dexbusters are on it

Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:52 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Cherrygrove wrote:
Dexbusters are on it

I lol'd: http://www.rarecandytreatment.com/comic ... out-there/

While we're at it, I hope you've all seen "Pokemon Science: The Reality Behind Pokemon Abilities" even though it only goes up to Gen III
http://www.wiinintendo.net/2010/05/17/p ... abilities/
{thunflora}
~Pegir

Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:01 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

rex09 wrote:
pelligargetic wrote:

How so?? I mean, whales can dive below the ocean, so I don't see why a Wailord can't...

@CommandoFlygon: There's probably some way to calculate it using physics, but I see what you mean.

Because real whales are a lot more dense than {wailmer} and {wailord}. Real whales are, in fact, more dense than water :P

Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:21 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

pelligargetic wrote:
rex09 wrote:
pelligargetic wrote:

Because real whales are a lot more dense than {wailmer} and {wailord}. Real whales are, in fact, more dense than water :P

Oh, okay, that makes sense. Gotta be denser to sink...

Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]