It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:12 pm

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 New evo's that you want or would hate 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Now, I agree that a few pokemon need new evo's

However I enjoyed the days of metal coats and king's rocks, where mulotiple pokemon evolve with the same item, instead of there being 50 items in your bag for evolving only one pokemon per item.

Here you can say your opinion on pokemon evos, say which ones you want, and state how you would want them to evolve.

for example: i hate lickylicky, but lickitung i had no problem with and kind of liked. It ruined lickitung forever

another example: Pawniard, Bisharp, they all have to do with chess (pawn and bishop). they should have a king's rock item that evolves it into a king or queen according to gender! Or maybe even include a knight or a rook according to whether the had more attack ev's or defence ev's when given a metal coat!

in my opinion for pokemon that need evo's:
Absol
Mightiyena
Quagsire
Lanturn (an abyss pokemon with sharp teeth)
Marowak (love his design, but its missing something)
Spinda (Big panda with spirals on its eyes, general shape a tie between slaking, spinda, and beartic)

[size=85] [color=#0000BF]thanks to arkeis.com for the avatar and the sig peoples[/color] [/size] [img]http://s1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd492/vanasbry000/?action=view&current=pokemon.jpg[/img]

Last edited by vanasbry000 on Sat May 14, 2011 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat May 14, 2011 8:44 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

One word: FARFETCH'D {farfetch'd}

Ever since RBY, its stats have been horrible, and so have its moves.

[sarcasm]But don't worry: Gamefreak decided to be nice to him and in GSC they gave him the grand item of redemption: the STICK that raises his CH ratio! AWESOME!!!![/sarcasm]

And through out Gen2 through Gen5, he never got any better, and Gamefreak decided that other extremely powerful pokes, like Rhydon and Electrive, were NOT GOOD ENOUGH and evolved them. (Although they did give Lickitung a good evo (though its design is now bad)).

So it looks like this poor duck will never shine in battle. Not even in the NU tier.

Sat May 14, 2011 9:12 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Chatot should have a composer evo, called Parroser :violin: or Comparrot. It would actually be an okay battling pokemon and would evolve with a prism scale because it would be colorful

It would know all of the music/sound attacks, then a couple of flying moves, then some status moves, and stat moves, along with any normal, dark, psycic, ect. that cross their minds. whatever floats their boat.

[size=85] [color=#0000BF]thanks to arkeis.com for the avatar and the sig peoples[/color] [/size] [img]http://s1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd492/vanasbry000/?action=view&current=pokemon.jpg[/img]

Thu May 19, 2011 2:04 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
I would love an Evolution for the pokemon named Kojondo/Mienshao as it is not that useful without being part Psychic like it looks...

I would want it to be a Fighting/Psychic Type combo, have at least higher SPATK, SPE & maybe even HP, have a much more diverse movepool & honestly, can keep the game abilities except for Inner Focus which is useless on it to say the least...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Thu May 19, 2011 11:08 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Quite contrary to your opinion, I love Lickilicky. I actually think they improved Lickitung. I agree with the Pawniard and Bisharp thing though. Maybe it should work along genders though, after all a male queen would be a bit off. I also agree with Absol. That was one of my favorites of the third gen and I really think it should be expanded on. Spinda too.

I think that these should gain evolutions:

Absol
Bisharp
Pinsir
Spinda
Heracross
Qwilfish (That thing really needs something to make it more noticable)
Toxicroak (I can picture a sumo wrestler toad-like thing)
Corsola

One's I would hate:

None, just the inclusion of new pokemon is always a good thing in my opinion.

Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:06 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Ones I would hate:

{absol} Absol already looks like a fully-grown Pokemon, plus its sleek, animal size gives it an air of mystery that an evolution just wouldn't have.

{electrode} Electrode was cool, and developed well from Voltorb, but I just can't see any direction they could go after this. They can't turn the pattern sideways, that would look awful, and they can't turn it upside-down again, that would just be bland.

{ninetales} and {arcanine} Ninetales and Arcanine already have far too much backstory to be given an advanced form. Arcanine's species is the Legendary Pokemon, and it has a position as a pseudo-semi-legendary (kinda like, I dunno, Lucario and Rotom). Ninetales already has her story of giving a curse if tails are pulled, and stuff like that. Plus, nine is a significant number that represents the number of lives a cat has, and I guess ninetales looks slightly like a cat? And anyway, the Japanese myth says the fox has nine tails. No more.

{shuckle} Think about it.

Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:04 am
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

I just want Game Freak to make up an item in Gray that evolves {luvdisc} into Alomomola. Oh, I also want Mawile and Sableye evos.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:22 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

There are a lot of Pokes that are utter crap right now, but that could be usable and very cool if they had better base stats or type/moves combo.

Gen I
{parasect} = It looks cool, but the stats/types/abilities simply kill this pokemon as soon as it comes out of its pokeball... Can be 8x weak against fire! Nice.
{arbok} = Other pure-poison types (ahem {muk} {weezing}) are much better. Arbok is only nice for his Intimidate.
{jynx} = Magmar and Electabuzz got an evolution, why not Jynx? She could be so badass.

Gen II
{ariados} = They could have gone further in the spider type. How about a hairy/scary tarentula? Or a jumping black widow?
{corsola} = Good concept, but hardly usable with those low stats...
{magcargo} = Again, the concept was nice, but it's useless with current stats.
{sunflora} = Ugh... That one is a failure. In my opinion the worst fully evolved pokemon in existance... It just screams for better stats.
{girafarig} = Nice type combo, stats just average enough to be decent, but still could be much better. And make it as big as a real giraffe!!
{octillery} = The octopus is very cool, and it has decent stats, but the concept could have been pushed so much further! Make it bigger and badder! (as in make it so it doesn't look that dumb...)

Gen III
{tropius} = Way too average. A very nice concept though. Plus, it makes an AWESOME HM Slave!
{volbeat} / {illumise} = The firefly concept had very good potential, but they stopped at an useless/annoying Bug poke again. It could evolve in the first ever Bug/Fire type!
{spinda} = Make it like a real panda!! With actual stats to warrant its existence.

As for the ones I would hate to see.... Any baby pokemon. I fail to see their usefulness...

Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:34 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Wow,

Mektar I couldn't agree more with you on Mawile and Sableye.

As for Dagrad, yes, Tropius could use one.

And I feel like Sharpedo could too. It to me, feels a little underdeveloped, and they gave Dusclops an evolution, so why not give an evolution to Banette as well?

I don't know about anyone else, but I like that there's a unicorn [Rapidash] but i wouldn't mind seeing a pegasus, I don't know how they'd implement one, unless they gave Rapidash an evolution, but that may be a bit awkward, so I'm not sure.

I also agree that Marowak is missing something, I dunno why but I feel like there's less of a story to it and it actually loses the meaning of it's story as Cubone, so I never let mine evolve.

An old team I had an idea for. Criticism is appreciated.

SoulSilver-- 1892-9981-0071

Diamond-- 5414-8714-8656

Trading thread-- viewtopic.php?f=36&t=27567

Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:31 pm
Profile YIM
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

That Lanturn evo would be cool, but I do like it as a staller the way it is now.

For what I think needs an evo:

Shuckle:
The only reason I think Shuckle needs one is because of Eviolite. Make big Shuckle barely any better except for maybe the move recover (since mold can grow back wherever), breed recover onto Shucle, slap on an eviolite, and you gaot the wall of stall. It might even make it to Ubers!(probably not)

Sabeleye:
Just to abuse the no weaknesses, and to get better stats. It could evolve into a gemstone evil monster, and evolve by a dusk stone, or even prism scale if the gems made it sparkly enough. (But I will not be a hacker noob and say that it gets Wondergaurd or Magicgaurd.)

Spinda:
Giant normal/fighting panda. Enough said.

Farfetch'd:
Something that could still use the Stick, and had good stats. Maybe look like a ninga duck (or falcon) with onion swords. If it got Super Luck, Focus Energy, and Stick, paired with Night Slash and Slash, well, you can see where I'm going here.

Dunsparce:
Something that doesn't uber fail, period. Like a massive flying groud snake.

Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:06 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Look up "fake Pokemon evolutions" on google images. There are some pretty good ones out there. More than plenty for Farfetch'd and Dunsparce. :mrgreen:

Some others that I think would make good evolutions:

{tentacruel} : Never used it cept' for an HM slave. However it could use a good Kraken/giant squid evo.
{eevee} : More!!!!!!!!!
{qwilfish} : It could make one wicked pufferfish.
{stantler} : Cuz moose are awesome and you know it.
{sableye} : Saw the coolest evo pic of it a few days back: http://bogleech.blogspot.com/2010/04/fake-pokemon.html
{mawile} : Nuff' said.
{swalot} : I like Swalot, but I think that he needs a bit something more
{tropius} : Because a Pokemon based on the Mokele Mbembe deserves an evolution. Maybe a pre-evolution as well...
{drifblim} : Giant blimp = awesomeness
{chatot} : Could potentially be a great Pokemon. Big musical parrot with some better moves and stats seems good to me.
Image : What are you waiting for? Click it! http://wupar.deviantart.com/art/Fakemon-Yuwefow-197814843

So... yeah, that's pretty much it.
However... SUNFLORA DON'T NEED YO' SASS DARGAD!

Ahem. Oh, and Dry, look up "Gigimplode" on Google Images. That might make you reconsider your thoughts about Electrode. ;)

Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:03 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I hate to say it to you all but Game Freak won't make new evolutions that evolve by previously obtainable items.

e.g. Bisharp that evolves by King's Rock :(

They keep continuity between generations. Look at each new Eeveelution for example. It evolves in a way that's impossible in previous games.

Umbreon and Espeon evolve by happiness which only Pikachu could have in Gen1.

Leafeon and Glaceon evolve in a certain location which didn't exist prior to Gen4. Leafeon doesn't evolve by Leaf Stone in Gen4 because if it did it wouldn't make sense that you can't do the same in a previous game even though it's the same action.

All the new evolutions in Gen4 i.e. Rhyperior, Dusknoir, Electrivire, Magmortar, Gallade all evolve by a newly introduced item.

Sorry guys. The King's Rock on Bisharp was a good idea though.

You've mentioned most of the good ideas for evolutions already but I do think Absol doesn't require an evolution. The fact that it doesn't evolve adds to it's mysteriousness and it would be strange if some new evolution started appearing before disasters.

Farfetch'd and Qwlfish do need evolutions. They seem kind of useless and incomplete on their own but to be fair I thought Ferrothorn seemed rather incomplete on it's own but if they gave that an evolution we'd either see Eviolite Ferrothorns or 'Ferrospikes' everywhere in the meta-game.

Check out my trade thread!

Timezone: GMT+0

Cloning Glitch!

Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:09 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I think that {lapras} needs a new pre-evo
Also {dewgong} needs a new evo

Check out My Brand New and Improved Trading Centre!!! THE SUPERSTORE IS NOW CLOSED

Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:28 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

vanasbry000 wrote:
Now, I agree that a few pokemon need new evo's
for example: i hate lickylicky, but lickitung i had no problem with and kind of liked. It ruined lickitung forever

I used to hate Lickilicky too, but I warmed up to 'im with time and now I actually have three good ones--that is, two at level 99 and one that could do well in a Gen 4 Flat Battle, all properly trained and whatnot. For some reason.

If I DIDN'T warm up to Lickilicky, though, I wouldn't mind its existence--makes Lickitung work with Eviolite in Gen 5. In fact for that reason I don't think I could really say what evolution I would absolutely never tolerate. Disliking the evolved form means more power to the form you DO like. So that's neat

In that mindset I'd be thrilled if Emolga gained an evolved form. It could look like a slimy green human baby with six limbs and tiny babies growing out of its eye sockets for all I care. Eviolite! :) )

I've always been miffed at the Haunter to Gengar change. I like Haunter's disembodied hands and Boo shape. An evolution branch that keeps those would be pretty boss.

I love Furrets, but they're so weak. It's tough to get one suitable to battle most other things. But I don't know if there's anything that could be done with its design that I'd see as an improvement. Maybe if it was given draconic qualities and became a Normal/Dragon type...? I'd probably be down with one of those... but MORE down with slapping Eviolite onto the Furrets I already have :F

Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:52 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]