It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:53 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Why do you nickname Pokemon on GTS? 
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

ok so i never use nicknames (never) in all 5 gens but every dnag time i do a gts i get a dumn nicenamed pokemon like bob, nome, abkt, and the last one i just got eat :|
ok so if your going to gts trade do u just do a dumn nicename?

Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:51 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

To be fair, most of the stuff I've traded over the GTS I've called U Sux.

But you should be breeding everything you get over the GTS, so your actually putting some effort into your pokemon, not just jumping on the back of someone else's effort to make your life easier.

Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:38 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Just treat it like an in-game trade. With all of those stupid nicknames..

Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:25 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

Mutant_Mewtwo wrote:
To be fair, most of the stuff I've traded over the GTS I've called U Sux.

The maturity...

Quote:
But you should be breeding everything you get over the GTS, so your actually putting some effort into your pokemon, not just jumping on the back of someone else's effort to make your life easier.

You DO realize that not everyone battles competitively or raises EVs right? OR some people don't even know that you can breed Pokemon; the guys I used to play Pokemon with at work had no idea you could breed Pokemon in Diamond & Pearl.

I don't use GTS besides collecting some Pokemon I need for Pokedex purposes, so I don't really care what their nicknames are / I don't nickname mine.

Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:05 am
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I hate nicknaming pokemon when I'm going to trade them. I know what it's like to be looking forward to getting a pokemon you've wanted for so long and then having it come out with a horrid nickname that you can't change, and if it's a legendary then it's worse 'cause you're stuck with it.

To me, I feel as though if you must nickname your pokemon or you are a person who nicknames all their pokemon right from the start, either keep a non-nicknamed pokemon aside to trade or name your pokemon something nice before you trade it off. This way, at lest the trainer can use the pokemon in battle without having to worry about it's name being something vulgar or offensive.

Note: This is purely my opinion and others don't have to follow it. I was just stating what I, myself believe to be right and wrong.

Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:43 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I tend to not name the pokemon I send to the GTS. I only send spitbacks from my breeding projects, and when you're hatching hundreds of eggs its just not feasible to name them all.
I do like getting nicknamed pokemon though, when the names are not vulgar or dumb.

Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:49 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I dont nickname my pokes basically becasue i stink at naming things and I dont really care to name them.

As for gettin pokes over the GTs with Nicknames, I dont really care as long as he name is tastfull.

Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:11 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Fie wrote:
I hate nicknaming pokemon when I'm going to trade them. I know what it's like to be looking forward to getting a pokemon you've wanted for so long and then having it come out with a horrid nickname that you can't change, and if it's a legendary then it's worse 'cause you're stuck with it.

To me, I feel as though if you must nickname your pokemon or you are a person who nicknames all their pokemon right from the start, either keep a non-nicknamed pokemon aside to trade or name your pokemon something nice before you trade it off. This way, at lest the trainer can use the pokemon in battle without having to worry about it's name being something vulgar or offensive.

Note: This is purely my opinion and others don't have to follow it. I was just stating what I, myself believe to be right and wrong.

Fie & Everyone Else,

That's basically why it's important for me to give them nicknames that are created from my own love so people can understand the effort that I put into my Pokemon to make them stronger and trust me even more. (I'll just stop here to avoid rambling more)

*However, I never have traded Pokemon with anyone else except in-game players, to be honest so it's still important to give my Pokemon nicknames, no matter what. :)

[Current Pokemon Sapphire Team]

---

⌈?????♂⌋ • ⌈?????♂⌋ • ⌈?????♂⌋ • ⌈?????♂⌋ • ⌈?????♂⌋ • ⌈?????♂⌋

Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:28 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I nickname almost all of my pokémon. I try to give them names that are fun, ironic, meaningful and so on. I avoid childishly vulgar names exactly for the reason that I may want to trade them later on. That trade may end up being with some one who may not appreciate a vulgar name - such as a kid, or worse, a kid's parents. Don't get me wrong, I am about as far from being "politically correct" as I can be and still staying within the law ... but I don't see a reason to offend simply for the sake of offending. But that's just me. Like I said, I do try to pick good names, such as "Nikola", "Tesla" or "Edison" for electric types, or "Neptune" for my (now) Seismitoad.

Having said that, I don't give nicknames to the legendaries. I leave them as they are unique to begin with. In other words, where I could, theoretically, end up with 92 Deerlings, I'll only find one Thunderus.

3DS FC (Y and X): 0834-1199-3647

See my photos and paintings on deviantArt at: http://barn0wl.deviantart.com/

MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/grumpydispatcher

FaceBook: http://www.facebook.com/FlagBarnOwl

"FlagBarn0wl" Blog: http://flagbarnowl.blogspot.com/

Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]