It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 What is this...? 
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

So I guess most of my friends/peers are getting back into Pokemon! I saw several status updates this morning on Facebook that said something or other about playing Pokemon! Three of which were from the (I hate to call people this but there really is no other way to put it) jocks! It was awesome! My school secret wasn't such a secret anymore and we are only about 15 - 17!

Has this ever happened to any of you? Being 15, I think it's a little early for this to become popular again (but it's greatly appreciated :D ). Like it's said a couple times in my topic "Too Old for Pokemon", people warm up to the idea of Pokemon again in college or such.

I think that HeartGold/SoulSilver kinda sealed the deal on people going back to Pokemon days. It was a remake of a true classic in videogames.

What do you guys think about this? I think it's great! I don't have to be so secretive in my Pokemon work anymore! Has this ever happened to any of you?

Time Zone: MDT (Mountain Daylight Time)
----------------------------------
Trading Thread

Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:21 am
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

It was always popular, just most people stopped talking about it around 12-13 when you're afraid liking Pokémon makes you look like a kid. Once you get older and near college-age, they come back out of the woodwork and DSs are seen everywhere. (Actual) maturity has a way of making you stop caring what other people think.

Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:53 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Nothing like that has ever happened to me :cry: but I wish it would.
I've been made fun of for playing pokemon since I was eight and I'm fifteen now.
The last person I knew who played pokemon either gave up playing or wouldn't tell anyone about a year ago :(
I don't know if people still like it but are just hiding it or what but I sure hope it turns out that I'm not the only person playing pokemon.

Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:25 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Well yeah

Most of my friends play. And we weren't on any extreme stereotype end in school. We were geeky but not enough that you could call us "those geeks over there." We were anyone's friends but nowhere near so much that you could call us "the popular ones." We were just some average joes.

I blame the anime for giving the franchise the rep that it has.

Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:32 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Pokemon made a little bit of a comeback at my highschool last year when Black and White came out. A lot of people I knew suddenly went and got the games and were playing them during class. There was even a sub that just sat there and played Black instead of doing anything, lol (not that I'm complaining).

I would suspect that there's a lot more people who play it than let on; occasionally, you'll hear references to Pokemon that tend to be a lot more accurate than you'd think. However, there's still those who would make fun of the people who play Pokemon (some of them are my friends) so I don't broadcast that. But good on you if you do.

During college, though, I don't give a crap, I'm going to take my pokemanz with me :)

Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:06 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I've got a funny story about this, anyway...

It was just yesterday, and my cross-country team was at our first meet of the season. One kid, (a Junior, by the way) took out his IPod and told us that he had a great pre-race motivation song. To my disbelief, what came out was this:

"I want to be the very best,
Like no one ever was.
To catch them is my real test,
To train em' is my cause!"

Furthering my shock, more than half the team started singing along! They then went on to argue about what their favorite Pokemon is! These kids aren't at all the ones you'd think would play Pokemon. Maybe there is hope for me after all...

Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:53 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

@rex09 -
Quote:
During college, though, I don't give a crap, I'm going to take my pokemanz with me
amen brotha

@Skeleton -
Quote:
I blame the anime for giving the franchise the rep that it has.
I KNOW! dumb anime.

@DragoBoy -
Quote:
I don't know if people still like it but are just hiding it or what but I sure hope it turns out that I'm not the only person playing pokemon.
you aren't, dont worry! (be happy, don't worry, be happy)

@Flaming_Wuzzle-
Quote:
(Actual) maturity has a way of making you stop caring what other people think.
GOOD point. I know a lot of people that need to hear that.

@twistedturtwig -
Quote:
It was just yesterday, and my cross-country team was at our first meet of the season. One kid, (a Junior, by the way) took out his IPod and told us that he had a great pre-race motivation song. To my disbelief, what came out was this:

"I want to be the very best,
Like no one ever was.
To catch them is my real test,
To train em' is my cause!"

heheheh that is AWESOME.

And SPEAKING OF MUSIC... you should check this out!

Time Zone: MDT (Mountain Daylight Time)
Trading Thread

Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:41 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]