It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:42 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Should there be better flying attack moves? 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

So I'm playing Black, and my 'army' (still thinking of a better name for my leading pokemon party) has Emolga. Now, I put Emolga in because I needed a good electric pokemon that I have experience with and Emolga was in the team that I had when I defeated N. It has all electric moves but no flying type and I cant get any good flying moves to help with defeating grass and ghost types. Does anyone know any flying moves that I could use or does anyone think that Nintendo should make better flying moves?

Goodbye
"

Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:28 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Acrobatics, Aerial Ace, and Air Slash are all fairly common. Less common Flying-type offensive moves include Hurricane and Brave Bird, both of which are quite strong on their most common users (Tornadus/Dragonite and Staraptor, respectively).

But the thing is...what would constitute as a "Flying"-type move anyway? It would usually involve wind. There are a lot of things you can do with wind, but you don't want new ideas interfering with existing ones or stretching over into other types.

Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:44 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Also Sky Drop. But Emolga cant learn it. I hope it can learn Hurricane, though. Personally, I think that Nintendo should think of more. But, that is my opinion.

Goodbye
"

Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:13 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I think flying needs a priority move. SO many flying types get quick attack, and the concept of aerial ace is basically that they're moving so fast and unpredictably that it's impossible to dodge.

So why don't they have a priority move? Take bullet punch, give it a snazzy new name and a flying type, slap it into the level-up moves of a bunch of flying types.

And hey, if Scyther could learn it then technician Scizor would be even more of a boss than it already is in competitive.

Sapphire: Blaziken Sololocke (heading for Wattson)
Platinum: Regular (preparing for Candice, grinding up my new Glaceon)
Soulsilver: Regular (exploring Kanto and fighting random trainers to gain some levels to then fly around and take on all the gyms super quickly)
White: Regular (post-game crap, not doing much currently, because most of the post game content is battles that I'm not ready for and stuff that requires HMs I don't want to use)

Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:17 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

What we need is some photocopy of Fly, only make it one turn. And some creative moves with side effects like burn, etc.

sad but rad

Sat May 12, 2012 10:35 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Emolga can't learn Hurricane. It'd be a real terror in the rain if it could.

I've got an Emolga with Thunder, Air Slash, Hidden Power (Grass, how lucky) and Volt Switch, holds a Choice Specs, used in a Drizzle team. He is fantastic. Switches in to grass attacks safely, isn't affected by Toxic Spikes, fast enough to outspeed a max speed Garchomp and anything slower... but I digress. Its Air Slash is very good, is all I'm really saying.

Emolga's Attack is just as good as its SpAtk. If you were making a physically-oriented one, there is always Flying Gem Acrobatics; that is, the Flying Gem boosts Acrobatics' power and is used before the attack checks for whether the user has an item, giving it 165 base power for the first use. But the best Electric attack you're gonna get on that side is Wild Charge.

Sun May 13, 2012 11:53 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Well, I just might make my Minipete into that moveset (with flying gem, though) and spam the hell out of people in the battle subway.

Goodbye
"

Sun May 13, 2012 1:28 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Damnit. Yeah, thanks Skeleton! Now he's going to destroy both mine and my sister's teams with Minipete!

Sun May 27, 2012 9:05 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]