It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Pokedex conspiracy??? 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Hey guys I've been hearing that aperently some pokedex entries were written by your character in the game. That's why for some entries such as charizards and dugtrios some Pokemon can cause terrible natural disasters. Probably because your character is around ten theese are written like this (if this rumor is true). And another thing is why don't we ever see Pokemon causing theese disasters?

Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:04 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

... No. :roll:

I myself am open to most crackpot conspiracies, but this one just doesn't make sense. We don't see them because it's a game, and not everything is going to happen. You'll see things like that happen in the anime though.

Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:08 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

You know the TV show, where he gets his Pokedex out and it talks to him? Yeah, that happens.

"You don't sit down and write a wish list about the person you are going to fall violently in love with. It just doesn't work like that."

Stephen Fry

Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:14 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I love the idea that the player writes the entries, and sometimes fills them with B.S. It doesn't really make sense any other way. What kind of scientist programs a device to hold information, but not let the user see it until they possess a specimen of whatever it is they want to read about? Even if the professor in each game was crazy enough to do that, why do they treat it as if it is the player's job to learn about all the Pokémon for science's sake? How could the Pokédex possibly have information about Pokémon no one has ever seen before?

In the original games Red and Blue's Pokédexes were books, anyway. "It's encyclopedia-like, but the pages are blank."

Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:32 am
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Quote:
In the original games Red and Blue's Pokédexes were books, anyway. "It's encyclopedia-like, but the pages are blank."

Not necessarily. The pages on Microsoft Word are called pages. There are online encyclopedias, dictionaries, books, etc, all with pages.

"You don't sit down and write a wish list about the person you are going to fall violently in love with. It just doesn't work like that."

Stephen Fry

Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:17 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]