It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:01 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 The Low-Down on Low Kick. 
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Does anyone know how the system of the attack "Low Kick" works? Since it does more damage the heavier the user is...anyway, doesn anyoneknow what the Base Power is for Low Kick on some of the Pokemon that can learn it? After all, if we knew its Base Power, it could be a great attack, I suppose.

Mon Jun 06, 2005 6:47 pm
Profile YIM
Lite Four
Lite Four

If I'm not wrong the base power is 60, but how I don't know how the power varies with the weight of the foe.

But since the attack does more damage against heavier foes, does it deal less damage against light ones? :?

Mon Jun 06, 2005 6:50 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I'm assuming it has to do with the saying "The bigger they are, the harder they fall." But then again, that's just me.

Mon Jun 06, 2005 6:57 pm
Profile YIM
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

What I found is Low Kick has no Base Power (zero)...The strenght of the attack is totally based on the foe's weight, so, the logic of bigger and heavier is probably correct.

BTW, I got this from Serebii.

Mon Jun 06, 2005 7:35 pm
Psypoke Legend
Psypoke Legend

Each Pokemon is grouped into "weight categories". Each category has a base power associated with it, if I recall correctly, a Pokemon who weighs 0.0lbs will be hit by Low Kick with a base damage of 20
And a Pokemon with a weight of [something really big like Snorlax] will be hit by Low Kick with a base damage of 120.

The TechDex says the base power is N/A (Edit: and not 20.. I misread :oops: ) just because... um.. we felt like it. I think the game doesn't have a value for it

And those of you who couldn't be bothered going to the TechDex to at least take a look, here's the link. http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~psypoke/dex ... php?id=161

Last edited by TonberryKing on Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:03 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Doesn't that last sentence make you like the fact that he runs the forums? x.x </offtopic>

Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:05 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

Ah I see. The power of 60 I referred to was back then when Low Kick was not affected by weight.

Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:36 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Each Pokemon is grouped into "weight categories". Each category has a base power associated with it, if I recall correctly, a Pokemon who weighs 0.0lbs will be hit by Low Kick with a base damage of 20
And a Pokemon with a weight of [something really big like Snorlax] will be hit by Low Kick with a base damage of 120.

The TechDex says the base power is N/A (Edit: and not 20.. I misread :oops: ) just because... um.. we felt like it. I think the game doesn't have a value for it

And those of you who couldn't be bothered going to the TechDex to at least take a look, here's the link. http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~psypoke/dex ... php?id=161

Actually I believe Pokemon with the Weight of 0.0 lbs would be like {gastly} {haunter} and {gengar} also {shuppet} and {banette} I'm sure I'm forgeting a few though anyway if these Pokemon are unafected by Low Kick It wouldn't work but even if they where there also part Poison making them ressistant to fighting attacks so how would Low Kick work in that case Also This may be a little out of topic for me saying this however does Body Slam do more damage depending on weight I'm sure it does cause Snorlax can put out alot of damage doing it

Tue Jun 07, 2005 12:50 am
Profile YIM
Lite Four
Lite Four

Ghost types can't be hit by Fighting moves (Except with use of Foresight). Period. It's not because they weigh nothing nor is it because Poison is resistant to Fighting.

Anyway, you say Body Slam is powerful on Snorlax? That's because of good Attack stat and STAB when you use Body Slam on Snorlax -_-"

Tue Jun 07, 2005 3:03 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 9 posts ]