It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:06 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 PokéMon: The Table-Top RPG Adventure 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Y'know, I'm not even sure if this was the correct place to put this topic as it strikes my as Game-Specific but I couldn't find one that really fit this. So, if this is the incorrect location, I apologize in advance.

So, very recently a good friend of mine introduced me to the PokéMon Table Top Game. It's unofficial. Fan-Created and still in the works (there are a few errors and the explanations aren't always crystal-clear) but it's an incredible thing. If anyone has ever played Dungeons and Dragons (any of its editions), any D20 system (star wars, etc.), Pathfinder, etc. it's very similar.

It uses a system that utilizes the attacks of the games but otherwise more closely follows the anime for the rest of its mechanics. I appreciate how it really makes the Trainer matter while in most cases, I usually feel that the Trainer is obsolete.

The PDFs for it can be found here.

Created unique Trainers? Gym Leaders? Elite 4 members or Champions? Show them off here!

Last edited by Kaori Sakura on Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:01 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I love DnD.

But I don't like the anime, so how much or how little it really borrows from that could break this or make this for me.

Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:59 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

What it borrows from the anime are on a mechanical side. What the campaign actually is or how closely it runs with the anime or handheld games, is entirely up to the GM. Such as, A Magikarp evolves at LV20. In the game, it happens instantaneously, in the anime, it may evolve sooner or later than LV20. Mechanics like that are what it borrows.

Another aspect are things like loyalty, such as just because you caught this pokemon doesn't mean it'll listen and respect you. HOW you catch the pokemon greatly affects the starting loyalty is has with you, which from there can increase or decrease as your PokeMon career continues. The world tries to be more fluid and less mechanical in itself. PokeMon not only have habitats, but they also have diets. Carnivores tend to stay in packs and if may attack Trainers is their numbers are higher or if they're just flat out stronger.

Created unique Trainers? Gym Leaders? Elite 4 members or Champions? Show them off here!

Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]