It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:38 pm

Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Who Deserves an Evolution(s)? 
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Right here. I picture is as an adorable little mini-water ice turtle... thing.

Who said wrestlers and Pokemon couldn't get along?

Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:35 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

tripehound wrote:
I see the crying, but why does the Farfetch'd grow a tumor in the second image? :lol:

Go look up "forever alone".

Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:15 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

If anyone here remembers be back in the days on these forums as searchman52... you'd know that I love me some Farfetch'd. I love his design and concept, and he definitely deserves an evolution. Something like Abs'rd. Kangaskhan also NEEDS a pre-evolution. Game Freak should also acknowledge the whole "a Cubone is an orphan Kangaskhan" kinda thing. That be cool.

Seeing evo's would be cool, but would there be another way to improve past pokes? Exclusive hold items and/or abilities, maybe? They tried with Farfetch'd Stick, but... yeah...

Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:09 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Shuckle deserves an evolution. Most definitely. Or a single-stage from an earlier game like Pinsir or Heracross.

Image (by Ender)

Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:51 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

An evolved skarmory would make my day. Greatedt physical wall ever.

FC:
5414 2352 1981 (Soul Silver)
4642 7245 1078 (White 2)

Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:05 pm
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

Location: Obsessing over my paper cranes (props to whoever gets this reference, no one will)
I think maybe {onix} should get a pre evolution. A {pinsir} evolution would be... Interesting to say the least. Maybe give taillow a third evolution so it fits in with all the other bird pokemon evolution trees. Well that's my 2 cents anyway

PLANNING ON GETTING 1000 POSTS BEFORE OCTOBER 1ST. HELP ME BY MAKING NEW THREADS THAT I CAN SPAM IN

So, this forum just got a revamp, its now interesting, we have a few members, we have some games, we're about to open a Forum Shopping Center to buy Pokemon and Items... (If we get store clerks). We have a WEREWOLF game, and I know how much Psypoke likes Werewolf, so If you're itching to play a shorter game than usual, sign up.

Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:57 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I have given a lot of thought to this idea even before I knew this topic existed. Not to tread on anyone's toes, but here are my personal thoughts. I'll list the (currently) one-stage Pokemon in tiers, and that will trickle down to a list of my wishes and a separate list of what's likely to happen.

So, without further ado: AEP: Master Trainer's discourse on unevolved Pokemon!

Tier 1: Untouchable

This level is reserved for those Pokemon who are legendary, the ones who can't breed, the ones who take so much effort to earn (Event Pokemon with really good stats also, in other words). There's no way Nintendo/GameFreak would ever give something so powerful/desirable an evolution. So, say goodbye to (in no particular order, alternate forms of course included):
Durant
Genesect
Darkrai
Latios/Latias
Kyogre/Groudon/Rayquaza
Kyurem/Reshiram/Zekrom
Dialga/Palkia/Giratina
Rotom
Articuno/Zapdos/Moltres
Lugia/Ho-oh
Cobalion/Terrakion/Virizion/Keldeo
Raikou/Entei/Suicune
Regice/Regirock/Registeel
Jirachi
Deoxys
Uxie/Mesprit/Azelf
Cresselia
Mew
Mewtwo
Arceus
Regigigas
Shaymin
Celebi
Tornadus/Thundurus/Landorus
Meloetta
Victini
Heatran

Tier 2: Best of the Rest
This category I reserve for the ones who are the strongest, and their chance of getting an evolution is pretty low, but fans could crave for some of these names to pick up some kind of evolution in the near future (since they have missed on them for about 10 years).

So say "goodbye" to this class, including:
Pinsir (great pure Bug, but that's also its downfall)
Heracross (like Pinsir, great, Fighting type helps, but still alone)
Spiritomb (better competitively than Sableye)
Stunfisk (unique type combo gets it here, regardless of stats)
Throh/Sawk (seen an idea to do a Hitmon thing with these two, but how could that make any sense?)
Heatmor (it's in the later half of the Pokedex for Unova. Got to be strong to be there generally.)
Aerodactyl (seriously want this one)
Skarmory (see above)
Lapras (best Water/Ice option until Walrein, and only loses because it doesn't evolve)
Kangaskhan (awesome behind-the-scenes as the mother of Cubone, but it's too tough to go back and retcon that now...)
Tauros (if they didn't have it related to Bouffalant, which IMO was a disappointment)
Miltank (the two could have a kid...)
Bouffalant (good like Tauros, different stat spread and source. Why not give both of them rival evolutions if they don't put them together?)
Tropius (large body bodes well for explaining a pre-evolution, despite how much I despise them. Evo would be cool, but likely not happening)
Alomomola (disappointing that it wasn't related to Luvdisc, particularly with its design. But this one doesn't seem too likely)
Absol (great design, fast attacker, would be better with an evo, but doesn't need the help)
Shuckle (already a tank defensively, so evolving couldn't make it too much better there... But Atk? One on the long list, but not on the short wishlist for evos.)
Girafarig (great typing, mediocre stats, this NEEDS to happen, but not as likely since it's struck out for "three" Gens already, V not quite counted because of its complete detachment from previous games)
Smeargle (gimmick with the Sketch move, can make one whale of a moveset, how do you evolve that?)

Tier 3: Odds and Ends
The best way to explain this group is either pairs that likely won't get help, stories that are not acted on in-game too much, or Pokemon that are for gimmicks, and because of that won't get an evo.

Meet this group, including:
Volbeat-Illumise: I think Volbeat's typing was a mistake, as it would work wonders to make it Bug/Fire (before Volcarona line), although I admittedly have a hard time finding a companion dual-type for Illumise. One of a couple groups made to showcase double battles, since they are so similar.
Plusle-Minun: Their only gimmick was to highlight the new double battle feature. They are not very good, being their (mediocre) best when fighting together. Too bad that they won't evolve to make them worth training...
Pachirisu: While it's not an obvious gimmick, this third Pikachu clone (affectionately labeled the Pikapuff Girls by Frost) is not that much better, and while an evo would help, I doubt GameFreak would oblige this squirrel. Speaking of squirrels...
Emolga: Great design! Just boring, not too good, and alone on the family tree. Would be great to have an evo for this one, but despite Zapdos' original novelty, the Electric-Flying is getting surprisingly crowded now, so would it be welcomed? Doubt it, and that's probably the reason it won't get one.
Zangoose-Seviper: Their rivalry doesn't do much in the game, but the TCG tries to help it along. Wouldn't it be cool to see rival evos? Both of these almost made into Tier 2 individually if it weren't for their no-duh inclusion as a pair here.
Unown: 28 forms, including punctuation?! I think we've had enough of a horrid Pokemon that will never get any evolutionary help. Just do us a favor, GameFreak, NEVER give us the numbers...
Lunatone-Solrock: This pair has a unique typing, despite a really bad screw-up on that for Solrock. They likely won't get evos, since their stats are slightly above-average and they do have the unique type.
Ditto: Useful for breeding, not for battle. We'll be okay with you staying at the Breeding Center, you morphological savant.
Sableye-Mawile: Two decent one-stagers that don't get too much attention. They are missing just a little individually, and that would be solved great by giving them an evo...
Castform: A great gimmick Pokemon, just one that isn't very exciting. No evos based on weather patterns (now there's a thought! [not mine, but good idea!]), not very good stats, just an aesthetic change that does little and a boring Pokemon. Likely no evo because of the gimmick and necessary programming.
Kecleon: See Castform. I'm just kidding, it's not as much of a gimmick. But this chameleon blends in so well that it will never get noticed and receive an evolution, a crying shame since it's one of my favorite Hoenn Pokemon.
Chatot: 1) it's boring. 2) it's a gimmick. 3) it's pathetic. All good reasons to need an evo, but Chatot will get short shrift again here, and become a footnote to an otherwise-decent Normal/Flying crop.
Carnivine-Maractus: You might ask why I'm pairing these together. Well, without experience playing them (full disclaimer), they are both slightly-better-than-average Grass single-stage Pokemon from different games. Both could get better with an evo, but fight well enough on their own that they don't quite merit special consideration.
Luvdisc: C'mon, GameFreak, a heart? Without any help from the similarly-shaped Alomomola? I'm betting that GameFreak will disappoint us and the little heart again. Just keep stealing those Heart Scales, don't worry about catching many of this fish...
Cryogonal: How do you evolve a crying snowflake? It's perpetually sad because it's in a bad type and really has no way to get better. Sorry, Cryogonal, cry on for us. Maybe in the next 20 years they'll take pity on your sad countenance.
Torkoal: Almost merited Tier 2, but that list was already long enough and Torkoal to me is not very good. It's a one-trick slow turtle that is a decent idea, but dull for not evolving and no help is in sight because its highest stat compares favorably with other Fire types.
Basculin: Two forms of a drab fish that doesn't evolve is almost torture after giving us Feebas and Magikarp. At least those fishp*** rags evolved into something far better if you cared for them correctly. Basculin is mediocre in two different ways, has little difference for no reason, and is certainly not going to get two evos for two different looks, because that's a waste of data.
Spinda: I love the idea, I hate the Pokemon. Particularly because with the randomized patterns, there is no easy way to program (explain) an evolution, particularly if GameFreak doesn't want to code the seemingly-infinite variations on the spotted panda (hint: they likely won't). Sorry, Spinda, but I'll keep you in my PC now that I've got you in my Dex.
Stantler: One of Santa's reindeer escaped! I love Stantler, but without a second type, it's no fun to use, doesn't evolve (making it even less fun to use) and is not a very good Normal type (which does say a lot considering some of the entrants there). Sadly, I don't see a red-nosed evo in its immediate future.
Relicanth: If a Pokemon takes time to grow and mature, then why isn't Relicanth already evolved? *shrugs* Considering that logic, Relicanth could be a sensible Pokemon (one of the only) to justify a pre-evo. But knowing GameFreak, it won't do that. Besides, baby Pokemon's stats are bad enough; making one from the already-inferior Relicanth would make that poor kid suffer.

Enough with the tiering! Since this is already a hefty wall of text, I won't do any more elimination, I'll leave you with the "list" behind.

Farfetch'd
Delibird
Dunsparce
Audino (must have missed that one?)
Qwilfish
Corsola

Now for my "ultimate" (shorter) wishlist for new evos/pre-evos in Gen VI of old Pokemon (in no particular order):
Aerodactyl
Skarmory
Lapras
Tauros-Miltank baby (gender determines what it evolves into)
Girafarig
Farfetch'd
Qwilfish
Corsola
Dunsparce
Sableye
Mawile

Just missed: Zangoose, Seviper, Delibird

I know Farfetch'd is unevolved for a very good reason, so that might not happen. But the others on my wishlist (the short version) don't have such a strong case against one. [The long form is all single-stage Pokemon, NON-Legendaries. :P]

Thoughts? Feel free to say I'm wrong if that's your inclination.

AEPMT :D 8-) :mrgreen:

If you want to get better at writing in general, please visit my site!

Writers' Challenge

Last edited by AEP: Master Trainer on Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:33 pm
Profile YIM WWW
THE POWER IS ON!

AEP: Master Trainer wrote:
Tier 1: Untouchable
This level is reserved for those Pokemon who are legendary, the ones who can't breed, the ones who take so much effort to earn (Event Pokemon with really good stats also, in other words). There's no way Nintendo/GameFreak would ever give something so powerful/desirable an evolution. So, say goodbye to (in no particular order, alternate forms of course included):
Durant

Um...........

Quote:
Tier 2: Best of the Rest
This category I reserve for the ones who are the strongest, and their chance of getting an evolution is pretty low, but fans could crave for some of these names to pick up some kind of evolution in the near future (since they have missed on them for about 10 years).
Heatmor (it's in the later half of the Pokedex for Unova. Got to be strong to be there generally.)

Heatran and Durant are both single-stage non-Legendary Pokemon who have the overall BST of 484, and neither is amazing in battle, with Durant being RU and Heatmor being NU.

Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:55 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Quote:
This level is reserved for those Pokemon who are legendary, the ones who can't breed, the ones who take so much effort to earn (Event Pokemon with really good stats also, in other words). There's no way Nintendo/GameFreak would ever give something so powerful/desirable an evolution. So, say goodbye to (in no particular order, alternate forms of course included)

Quote:
Deoxys

Really the only Legendary I could maybe see evolving is Deoxys, you could get special items (such as a shield for defense mode, sword for attack mode etc.) for the people who missed out on the events, but there would be only on of each type of object per game (think of them like the Griesous Orb for {giratina}).

ImageThe time has come to speak of other things, of shoes and ships and ceiling wax and cabages and kings! And why the sea is boiling hot, and whether pigs have wings! Kalue kalae no work today! We're cabbages and kings! Credit to Dragoboy for the AWESOME sig.!

Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:05 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I think luvdisk should evolve. Luvdisk sucks.

Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:50 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Sir Draco wrote:
I think luvdisk should evolve. Luvdisk sucks.

i thought Alomomola was going to be the evolved form of Luvdisc

Global Pokedex Team

ImageImageImage

Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:51 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

How about Tropius and Gyrados?

Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:58 am
Reply to topic   [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2