It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 EV-resetting ? 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I always thought that EV-resetting were disabled in later generations, and only possible in Gen III. But recently i saw a post on another website, saying something about EV-resetting in later generations.

so can anyone confirm or unconfirm if EV-resetting are possible in later generations??

Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:21 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Technically it's not "EV resetting"; it's EV reducing. They're done via a series of Berries.

There are 6 berries: Pomeg, Kelpsy, Qualot, Hondew, Grepa, and Tamato; those berries correspond to the stats HP, Attack, Defense, SpAttack, SpDefense, and Speed, respectively.

If you feed one of these berries to a Pokemon, that Pokemon's EVs in that stat will be reduced by 10. (In Generation 4 only, were you to feed that berry to a Pokemon and its EVs in the stat were 101 or more, the EVs would be set to 100.) Also, starting in Generation 5, there were 6 "wing" items introduced, that reduce EVs by 1 when used instead of 10.

People use these berries to reset the EVs of a Pokemon that was trained in-game or just against random opponents, for the purposes of starting fresh and EV training it. (This is most commonly done on legends, since unlike other Pokemon they cannot be bred.)

Note, all of this applies if the game you're playing is Emerald or newer. These berries did not have this effect in earlier titles.

Did that answer your question?

Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:42 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

DNA wrote:
(In Generation 4 only, were you to feed that berry to a Pokemon and its EVs in the stat were 101 or more, the EVs would be set to 100.) Also, starting in Generation 5, there were 6 "wing" items introduced, that reduce EVs by 1 when used instead of 10.

yeah it did, but most of it i knew from before :) i just wanted to know if it was possible to reduce EVs in Gen IV and Gen V, because i thought that feature had been removed.
but thanks anyway for good answer

Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:03 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

The only thing is that it is HELLA IMPOSSIBLE to get those berries in gen 5! You can't send items from generation 4 to 5 by any means. And if you do get your mitts on some of 'em, you can't farm them either.

Wings don't decrease EVs by 1, they increase them

Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:11 pm
Profile WWW
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Quote:
Wings don't decrease EVs by 1, they increase them

So they do. In that case please disregard the wings comment.

Quote:
The only thing is that it is HELLA IMPOSSIBLE to get those berries in gen 5! You can't send items from generation 4 to 5 by any means. And if you do get your mitts on some of 'em, you can't farm them either.

Dream World.
I have about 70 of each. And you can farm them.

Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:03 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

the reason why i thought it were only possible in Emerald, was because it stood "clearly" in this article. Psypokes EV guide.

Quote:
Undoing Trained EVs

First of all, you might be asking "Why undo EVs if they're so beneficial?". Well, sometimes, by chance, you might have let your Pokemon gain EVs in the wrong stat. EVs gained cannot usually be undone, but if you have Pokemon Emerald, there is a way. By feeding special Berries to your Pokemon, you can reduce the EVs gained by that Pokemon. This makes it easier to undo misplaced EVs. Note that this only works in Pokemon Emerald. For a detailed list of the Berries and their effects, check out Psypoke's Emerald Berry Changes page.

Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:38 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]