It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Pokemon ReBURST Manga 
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Hi guys and gals. So, I was looking for ideas today and found this. The manga's actually looking pretty decent, and I'm a little surprised I didn't see it sooner. I've enjoyed reading the adventures of Red rather than watch Ash in the anime, so it's not that surprising that I've become interested in it, but... anyway, for the pokemon series, this manga is actually pretty different. YES, you COULD argue that Digimon did it, and that maybe every other manga and anime has done it, but seriously that's a bit off topic and not really the point I'm about the make...

Pokémon RéBURST: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_R%C3%A9BURST Spoilers: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Burst

WHY IS THIS NOT A VIDEO GAME?

Okay, sure, I'm getting ahead of myself. It's fairly new and only maybe eight volumes in have been translated by fans on the internet. But hopefully... I mean, I'd buy a game like this. It's just a new twist and idea to pokemon.

Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:11 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

... Who comes up with this stuff?

It's actually a rather clever idea, this whole Burst thing. But who in their right mind would want to Burst with a Muk? Or a Sunkern?

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:03 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Cool. Kinda looks like the Pokemorphs RP :D . And I would love to read it. Now, playing it as a video game... I don't know. Perhaps, but it's not sure. I usually don't wanna play mangas in games (that's why I quit playing Dragonball long ago). But if I'm ever given the chance... Who knows?

Credit to DragoBoy for the banner!
The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed!

Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:13 pm
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Mektar wrote:
... Who comes up with this stuff?

It's actually a rather clever idea, this whole Burst thing. But who in their right mind would want to Burst with a Muk? Or a Sunkern?

I dunno about you, but I for one wouldn't mess with someone who Burst into a Muk. Haha.

I didn't mean like telling the story and stuff in the game, ChillBill, I meant kinda the idea of it in game mechanics. Imagine catching any pokemon in game, and then battling people and Bursting with the pokemon you've caught and stuff! Kinda like a different RPG all together. Now THAT would be fun!

Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:10 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Oh, that's what you meant! Yeah, the idea can change the way people see Pokemon. The mechanics of it could make a totally new, but also very cool RPG-based game. It opens a whole new horizon of possibilities.

Credit to DragoBoy for the banner!
The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed!

Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:07 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]