It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:04 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Trading dilemmas 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

So I have a horrible trading dilemma.
A 'friend' of mine (more of a nuisance) is offering me his lv. 100 Shiny Genesect, Timid or Rash nature. In return, he wants one of my untradeables (my few which will never be given away). Here's my dilemma.
I need to match it.
I offered him a Zekrom and a Servine, a Mamoswine and a Shiny Jirachi, and then a Kyurem. Problem is, he is completely new to pokemon. His first game was HG, and he only knows pokemon names.
I'm trying to match him still after we decided to battle for spoils (I would have won. Victini would slaughter his Emboar, while my three pokemon in the battle will lol @ his Venusaur, and Reshiram would've tore through his Genesect) and offered him my newest Victini.
Now we are looking at me giving him a Lv. 40 Shiny Mewtwo.
Is this fair? If not, what would be?

NOTE: I made this topic not just for me, but for everyone to discuss possible rip-offs or dilemmas that they have encountered or to get help with trades that seem to be rip-offs. Not for selfish reasons.

Goodbye
"

Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:30 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

There are no shiny Genesects right now. His is hacked. If your shiny Mewtwo is legit, then by no means it is fair. If it's not... Well, it depends on what value you give to each Pokemon. Pokemon are not money, it's up to the player to decide its value in the end.

Credit to DragoBoy for the banner!
The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed!

Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:01 pm
Profile WWW
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

Location: Obsessing over my paper cranes (props to whoever gets this reference, no one will)
How did a guy who is new to pokemon hack a pokemon. Heck, I've been playing two years and don't know how to hack it.

PLANNING ON GETTING 1000 POSTS BEFORE OCTOBER 1ST. HELP ME BY MAKING NEW THREADS THAT I CAN SPAM IN

So, this forum just got a revamp, its now interesting, we have a few members, we have some games, we're about to open a Forum Shopping Center to buy Pokemon and Items... (If we get store clerks). We have a WEREWOLF game, and I know how much Psypoke likes Werewolf, so If you're itching to play a shorter game than usual, sign up.

Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:04 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

He got it through Action Replay, he says. Although I believe him, I'm skeptical on whether or not it actually exists. Also, I want to make sure I'm not getting screwed over because he is one of those people who go crazy over shinies, despite them not having any benefits statwise over their regular-colored counterparts.
And when I said he's new, I meant that he doesn't know jacks*** about creating teams/strategically battling. He knows how to trade, but he fails at Base Stats and even Type match-ups, so it's difficult expaining what he'd be getting and what I'd be getting, and he thinks that I'm screwing him out of a Genesect.

Goodbye
"

Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:33 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Publilius Syrus wrote:
Maxim 847: Everything is worth what it's purchaser will pay for it.

I personally tend to go with Pokémon from the same class: a starter for a starter, a version-exclusive for a version-exclusive, a mascot for a mascot, etc. If he's snubbing his nose at a Jirachi, I'd tend to think he isn't as interested in trading as he's letting on.

Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]