It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Features from Spinoffs 
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

There are many features in the Pokémon spinoff games that would be interesting if implemented in the main games. The best example I can think of is the Mystery Springs in Conquest. By paying a ****load of money, you can use the springs to change the ability of a Pokémon to one of its other potential abilities, including one it could not get normally in the wild (Dream World for the actual games). Thoughts?

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:38 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

The feature that you refer to would be totally abused if it existed in the main series. Even if it charges a large amount of money, people will be determined enough to beat enough trainers to get the money necessary to change say Politoed from Damp/Water Absorb to Drizzle. The last thing we need is a more accessible way for Pokémon to get their best available abilities, but the one good thing that would come out of it is that you wouldn't need an internet connection, hidden grottoes, or a generous friend with an internet connection, to get Pokémon with hidden abilities.

Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:38 am
THE POWER IS ON!

vaporterra wrote:
The last thing we need is a more accessible way for Pokémon to get their best available abilities

Why is this a bad thing? If anything it would discourage people from just hacking those Abilities on themselves. Anything that can cut down on pointless busywork (especially within the realm of pointless busywork AKA the Dream World) should be welcomed. Just look at how warmly unlimited TMs have been received by the fandom. That's a more accessible way for Pokemon to get their best available movesets and doesn't require hours of winning BP or chain breeding just like being able to change Abilities would.

Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:49 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Well that's true, bringing up the TM situation where TMs are no longer 1-and-done makes me a bit more fond of the idea. But don't diss the Dream World. It's actually a pretty cool place and an interesting concept. I've had a lot of fun playing the games and exploring the houses and stuff. Made up for the lack of Secret Bases in Generation 5 in my book. But they also have to make a Pokémon battle system in Wi-Fi battling where you can only battle with non-Dream World Pokémon. I'm kind of tired of having played 5 battles in Random Matchup, and 4 of them have either Politoed-Drizzle, Ninetales-Drought, and/or Salamence-Moxie.

Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:26 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I would like to see something like in mystery dungeon where you can check how your team mates are doing but for the PC instead. It wouldn't have much of a function but it would be a little mildly interesting thing like the radios in gsc.

Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:19 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]