It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
 Fun Facts of the Week 
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

(Que Steve Erwin voice) Magikarp one of the most interesting creatures on the planet! FUN FACT: Did you know there is a 1 in 1000 chance of magikarp's splash attack being a one-hit K.O. ? Just take a moment to process that :).

Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:59 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Fun Facts: Out of 48 legendaries, 14 are Psychic type, 9 are Flying (but only Rayquaza is pure Flying), 8 are Dragon, 2 are Dark, 2 are Grass, 2 are Steel, and only 1 is Fairy. Take note there are plenty of dual-types, I did include all the types, and I may have miscounted. Still, fairly interesting stuff.

EDIT; It's actully didn't include all the types. Whoops.

Resident shipper girl of Psypokes. Also writes noncanon fanfic, Forest of Secrets may not actually be worked on again, though. . . much too busy.

Pokemon Y FC; 0989-2247-7711

Last edited by CuteKirlia on Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:43 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

CuteKirlia wrote:
Fun Facts: Out of 48 legendaries, 14 are Psychic type, 9 are Flying (but only Rayquaza is pure Flying), 8 are Dragon, 2 are Dark, 2 are Grass, 2 are Steel, and only 1 is Fairy. Take note there are plenty of dual-types, I did include all the types, and I may have miscounted. Still, fairly interesting stuff.

FUN FACT: Nintendo owns the seattle mariners(A baseball team Im pretty sure.)

Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:07 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Fun Fact; There's a conpiracy theory hovering out there that Ash is actually a Yvetal, and he stays ten years old by sucking the life force of random people you see once in the animae, and never see after more than a single episode.

Resident shipper girl of Psypokes. Also writes noncanon fanfic, Forest of Secrets may not actually be worked on again, though. . . much too busy.

Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:29 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Shuckle can deal 481,266,036 damage; the most out of any Pokémon and has the lowest base speed stat of Pokémon(well it ties with munchlax but whatever)

Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:52 am
Profile YIM
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

WHAT?!? No way Shuckle can do that much. How?
Fun Fact; CuteKirlia is out of (Pokemon) facts for the moment. Try again later.
Fun Fact; In the third book of the Inheiretance series, Brisingr (Eragon you know) a referrence is made to Doctor Who.

Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:31 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

CuteKirlia wrote:

I'm curious about that number too…

Hypothetically, I have a level 100 Shuckle, who was holding a Choice Band (1.5x attack), who had used Power Trick to swap its attack and defense (base attack is now 230), was Skill Swapped Pure Power (2x attack*), with 31 attack IVs and 252 attack EVs, six plus attack modifiers (4x attack), and has an adamant nature (+Attack). This Shuckle has used Defense Curl (Emerald tutor move).

Hypothetically, I also have a level 1 Ledyba (the pokemon with a double weakness to rock with the lowest defense), who has zero defense IVs and EVs, a lonely nature (-Defense), six minus defense modifiers (0.25x defense).

Hypothetically, I place these two pokemon on opposing teams. The two teams compete in a triple battle, in which team mates are used to make the hypothetical situations true. Shuckle then leads a truly devastating and horrific and epic sweep with Rollout. Following the fourth consecutive attack, this poor Ledyba is the last surviving member of its team. It tries to dodge, but alas, it is struck, and critically so no less.

Rollout is a base 30 rock type move that gains a fifty percent boost with each consecutive successful hit, and the trend lasts for either five turns or until it misses. If defense curl is used first, its base is doubled from 30 to 60. So, with this base, on the fifth turn, Rollout's base attack will be 303.75. Following the nerf to critical hits this generation, a critical hit will boost this value another fifty percent to a base 455.625 rock-type move.

Assuming that the random value applied to the attack is 1 (where the minimum is 0.85 and the maximum is 1), 14,329,278 damage will be done to the baby ladybug. This is a little under three percent of the damage mentioned, however. I don't think I missed anything, and I'm fairly certain that my calculations are reliable.

I apologize in advance if this seems rude, but I do not intend it to be. Rather, I saw it as a challenge to find the situation where the most damage from a single given move used by Shuckle (who, with Power Trick, has the highest raw attack value, unless M-Aggron gets it too), in a completely legitimate and possible situation. I tried Rock Blast initially, but that capped out around five to six million. I also tried using Mimic on Ledyba to teach it Power Trick, as its own base attack is 20, but the minimum level I could get Ledyba at then would be five, which reduced the damage it took by a few million points, surprisingly enough, even with the drop of its base defense. The damage dropped by as many as two and a half million points. Happiny, who has a base 5 defense, only took 3.5 million damage from this set-up.

*I was originally going to use Huge Power, before I remembered that its effects were halved when swapped. I checked the Psylab to confirm this, but it made no mention of it, so I checked Bulbapedia, who confirmed what I thought. I also checked SPP, which agreed with Bulbapedia, while Smogon agreed with the Psylab, so I'm not really sure which is accurate anymore. All four sites agreed on Pure Power's effect, however.

…Maybe this can count as my Fun Fact of the Week?

Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:58 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Fun Fact: Rayquaza is actually not a pure-flying type. The only pure-flying type in the entire game (not just out of the legendary Pokémon) is Tornadus. Sources: Bulbapedia, this here site, myself not taking into account any abilities that may make me wrong since I know jack-squat about abilities.

Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:55 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Fun Fact: Bulbasaur is the only base form starter that is dual-typed.

Credit to DragoBoy for the banner!
The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed!

Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:43 pm
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Fun Fact: Rhydon was the first pokemon created

Global Pokedex Team

ImageImageImage

Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:06 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

@ Kiga; Thanks for answering. That sounded like a lot of effort to go and figure out.
@ Charph; It's not? Well, then. Oh wait, it's Tornadus that's pure Flying. Why you input wrong answer, keyboard?

Fun Fact; Pichu cannot learn Endeavor. This is not relevant to you.

Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:14 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

CuteKirlia wrote:
Fun Fact; Pichu cannot learn Endeavor. This is not relevant to you.

I beg to differ. The shiny event one from HGSS comes with Endeavor.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:25 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I know; I meant on it's own. If you accidently take off Endeavor from it, the lady who can help you relearn moves won't give it back, and neither will the Move Tutors. The Tutor says, "Oh, Pichu can't learn this" or whatever nonsense.

Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:35 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

CuteKirlia wrote:

Shuckle when in triple battle must have two minun(or something like that that can use helping hand).they both use helping hand ALOT of times and it can use a certain move dealing the previously mentioned amount of damage, try it at home kids!

Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:42 am
Profile YIM
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

ShinyScorpio wrote:
CuteKirlia wrote:

Shuckle when in triple battle must have two minun(or something like that that can use helping hand).they both use helping hand ALOT of times and it can use a certain move dealing the previously mentioned amount of damage, try it at home kids!

Ah! I completely forgot about Helping Hand! I knew I was missing something! But no, Helping Hand doesn't work like that. It will only provide the boost to the target on the turn that it's used, although they can stack. So the base power of whatever move the target uses can be boosted to either 1.5 times or 2.25 times by Helping Hand.

So what does this mean for the 'Already-a-fine-mist-of-Bug-Guts' that once was that poor little Ledyba? Well, for starters, with a double boost from Helping Hand, the fifth iteration of Rollout comes to have a whopping 1025 (and some small change) base power, and that's only including the build up, the defensive curl, and the critical hit in addition. Ledyba will take 30,450,480 damage. At best, with full IVs and EVs in Hp, that's enough to kill it 2,537,540 times.

Still, I don't know how you are coming up with over ten times this number, but by your logic, a Shuckle wouldn't even need to use Power Trick to achieve that number, and anything could do it.

Alright, umm… My Fun Fact of the Week is the 'hidden move' Rototiller. It can't be learned at all by level up or TM. Only eight pokemon can learn it as of yet, two through breeding, and six who learn it at level 1, via the Move Rememberer. Four of the six are the final forms of generational rats, with only Raticate and Furret being except, although Raticate is not yet available to test. The funny thing is, Rototiller is a field move that boosts the Attack and Special Attack of all Grass-type pokemon in play by one level, but no Grass-types can actually learn it.

Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:01 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Fun Fact; If you want to face the Battle Subway in BW/BW2, DON'T take a Gardevoir who knows Psychic, Thunderbolt, Attract, and Will-O-Whisp. Chaces are, you'll run into a female Krookodile every. Stinking. Time. And chances are, you might already have the rest of your team KOed by the previous Pokemon on the enemy team.

Rototiller? No wonder I haven't heard of it, I don't encounter the Rats very often. Mmm, now if only Lenora would teach her Watchog it... He he he, it's time to OWN, my Roserade friend.

Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]