It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 Twitch Pokemon Red 
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Just click this and prepare for mass chaos. The article goes a better job at explaining it than I would. But the jist is that thousands of people are playing the same game of Red at once. To little success.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:14 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Oh my God, poor Red! He's stuck in the area in front of the Celadon Gym tree right now, and that's pretty bad in and of itself. How bad was it on that ledge?

All Hail the Magic Helix! Save Red from this torment!

Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:10 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Apparently, they released their Charmeleon. *Facedesk*

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:57 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

*Insert uncontrollable laughter here*

Maaaaaan, that boy cartridge is getting a work out. Also talk about hearing voices in your head.

Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:40 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

And they apparently lost their beloved Helix Fossil. Wasn't he relying on it to maintain his sanity?

…Getting Surf is going to be so much fun!

Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:47 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

i took a brief look at it once but since then seen loads of pictures posted about the Helix Fossil

Global Pokedex Team

ImageImageImage

Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:58 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Wow, this is absolutely epic! O_O

I'm going to participate :D

Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:10 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Oh man, my brother showed me this! Utter chaos!
Sigh me up!

...Don't forget to catch a Magikarp. I'm going to make that happen.

Resident shipper girl of Psypokes. Also writes noncanon fanfic, Forest of Secrets may not actually be worked on again, though. . . much too busy.

Pokemon Y FC; 0989-2247-7711

Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:01 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

So…Twitch Red was completed after four hundred hours of gameplay. The experiment is over, it was a success, and unfortunately, we will likely never see the likes of Bird Jesus or The Great Helix ever again; they will be sorely missed…

However, while it's over for Red, Twitch Crystal has begun! Seven hours in, and they're already to Violet City! I get the feeling that Twitch, much like Nuzlockes, are here to stay, even if in a more limited venue.

Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:29 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I might actually participate in this one. I loved Crystal.

Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:31 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I think I'm going to make a competitive team around this team here... All Terrain Venomoth have a great potential.

Venomoth @Leftovers
-Toxic
-Double Team
-Protect
-Leech Life (Better than Giga Drain, and stab (40pwr) and more pp)

Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:38 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Watching them play Red and Crystal really brings back epic memories of my first pokemon teams, with which I owned the playgrounds at break!

If I made a dream team of the combined pokemon from the stream: {zapdos}, {feraligatr}, {espeon}, {pidgeot}, {lapras}, and {dragonite} with the rest of the lore pokemon stored.

As I write this they are now doing Gen 3, and have taken Torchic as their starter. I do wish they had taken Treeko, just for the sake of having taken a fire, water, and plant type. My OCD kicking in there.

{venusaur} {arcanine} {starmie} {rhydon} {dragonite} {alakazam}

Last edited by Twitch on Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:24 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

They need to come out with a Gen III Twitch, unless they have one already. I mean, it would be EPIC to try and direct everyone to work at catching a Ralts! Heh heh. Though, I would say poor Ralts, because then the thing would have to deal with the schizophrenic insanity their Trainer is going through. Basically, Twitch is making the trainer "hear voices" that are conflicting and be forced to follow them. It's just crazy, if you know what I mean.

Oh, and hello to you, Twitch. New here? Well, congrats for coming!

Resident shipper girl of Psypokes. Also writes noncanon fanfic, Forest of Secrets may not actually be worked on again, though. . . much too busy.

Pokemon Y FC; 0989-2247-7711

Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:20 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Not really new but thank you for the welcome! I have an old account here from 07 that I was pretty active on but I cannot remember the info to it and I thought it would be nice to start fresh. The TPP stream got me hooked again, though I do not play Gen 6 at all. I stopped competitive play at Gen 4 and all play after White 2, so I really just here for nostalgia :D

Though I would like to see a Gen 3 game play as well, I am thinking that after this it will probably be over. The bots, trolls, and noobs have dropped viewership to an all time low. Last night it was so bad, that around hour 6 of "ledge day" the viewership dropped almost under 5k which is really sad. I am sticking it out to get to battle Red. The streamer has hacked the game so that when we battle Red he will have the same team from Gen 1 that TPP beat the game with. LaserGator (obvious) vs Archangel of Justice (Zapdos)! Brian vs Bird Jesus! Burrito (Espeon) vs ATV!!!

{venusaur} {arcanine} {starmie} {rhydon} {dragonite} {alakazam}

Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:32 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]