It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 I found a Pokemon pin... 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I found an old pokemon pin in a box today, that I bought in a garage sale about 10 years ago, or more... It features a soul-less Pikachu, dancing with a Squirtle and a Charmander. So well, I checked if it was conterfeit or not, so I check behind the pin.

It comes from Hard Rock Cafe. It is written:
"Special Edition
Only 50PCS Made"

So well, I checked on google image and on some websites, I found no pictures of it, but I know that some pins goes up to $150.
If you guys have any info on this, it would be appreciated. o_O

Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:49 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Pictures:

Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:50 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

I actually have a huge collection of pins, around 200 on a tack board in my room. I'm going to do a little digging. If it's as rare as you say, I may want to buy it off you.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:20 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Okay nice! :)

I'll probably contact Hard Rock Cafe to get some info about this pin. Another thing... I noticed that they ran out of black plastic while producing this pin... there is a small spot of black between pikachu and charmander, but nowhere else. I guess it makes it more unique, if it's the only one out of the 50.

So far I found nothing; no images or any information. I'll contact them and bring back some info. :)

Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:33 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I got a response from Hard Rock, and they said they don't produce pokemon pins. So it's counterfeit.
Oh well, too bad.

Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:01 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Yeah, I did some digging too yesterday, turns out they make 'Limited Edition' pins, not 'Special Edition' ones. Oh well.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:13 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Actually, it's written "Limited Edition" :oops: My mistake lol.

But the logo is actually different, so it's counterfeit.

Here's the response from the support:
Quote:
Dear Carl,

Thank you for contacting Hard Rock Customer Care and for your inquiry. Unfortunately Hard Rock does not produce Pokemon pins. This pin is not a Hard Rock pin, therefore we do not have information regarding it.

Please feel free to contact us again if we may be of any help to you in the future.

Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:25 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]