Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 What dual-type Pokemon would you want to see in Generation 7 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I would say a Poison/Steel one for me.

Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:47 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Great question! A Poison/Steel typing like you suggested would be an interesting concept, and I'd love to see the character design for that. Perhaps it would be a mix of purple and grey? Metallic and toxic? It makes me think of Honedge's sword design, except that I'm imagining a Steel assassin with poisoned blades instead of a Steel Ghost like Honedge's typing. It would be interesting to battle with, having a super resistance to Bug, Fairy, and Grass -- kind of like an "I don't like your flower garden!" Pokemon. The garden Pokemon could then stage a mass revolt, where they call in the reinforcements, who dig and create massive earthquakes to stop the Poison/Steel type, since it's very weak to Ground moves. It would be like preparing the soil for new plants later. I wonder if this could be a movie? Maybe the movie idea is silly, but the dual-typing's great! What do you think?

I can see myself with a full team of
Ice Fairies! Also, I know it sounds weird, but I'd like to see a Fire Fairy design, too. One of the characters in Generation VI games asks the player, "How can I make my fairy Pokemon get along with fire types?" Maybe a dual-type would be a peacekeeping sort. In terms of non-Fairy typing, I'd like to see a Psychic/Electric type who combines brain-waves with shock-waves! It seems like dual Psychics are popular, but I can't find any examples of an Electric mix.

Thanks for the great question! I'd like to see more ideas.

Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:00 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I hope for more fairies... what about dark/fairy? In legends and stuff, fairies aren't all about those cute winged things. There was a great lack of fairy types in this gen, and they weren't all that much useful in general.

Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:21 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

OU is packed with Fairy-types right now (Mega Gardevoir, Mega Altaria, Sylveon, Mega Diancie, Azumarill, Clefable; Mega Mawile would have been here too if not for the ban hammer) but I agree that they dropped the ball on retconning a lot of existing Pokemon into Fairy-types that should have been. Misdreavus/Mismagius are my main gripe, but Milotic, Rapidash, Lilligant, the Pixie trio, Cresselia, any Pokemon in the Fairy egg group (Blissey, Audino, Plusle/Minun, Delcatty, Glalie) and even others could have easily made the switch too. Admittedly few of the ones I named would provide new combinations, save for Glalie and Rapidash, but I will forever pine over what could have been for a Ghost/Fairy Mismagius.

Poison/Steel also better be reserved for Mega Garbodor a.k.a. Oscar the Grouch. We already have Tangrowth as a stand-in for Cookie Monster, so make it happen GameFreak!

Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:52 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

The main problem (I think) about the new fairy type: Oh, this one is cute, let's make it fairy. Eh... Tons of wasted potential. What about Gulpin/Swalot? And all of those you have mentioned, even Rapidash! I'm quite confused that mega absol isn't fairy too... or at least flying. Belossom? Regigigas?

Still, I'm still hoping for some kind of creepy fairy type. Ghost/Dark/Poison or something.

I hope to see a proper water/fire type too, the last one was disappointing, even if never released.

Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:42 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Starlight Gardevoir wrote:
Great question! A Poison/Steel typing like you suggested would be an interesting concept, and I'd love to see the character design for that. Perhaps it would be a mix of purple and grey? Metallic and toxic? It makes me think of Honedge's sword design, except that I'm imagining a Steel assassin with poisoned blades instead of a Steel Ghost like Honedge's typing. It would be interesting to battle with, having a super resistance to Bug, Fairy, and Grass -- kind of like an "I don't like your flower garden!" Pokemon. The garden Pokemon could then stage a mass revolt, where they call in the reinforcements, who dig and create massive earthquakes to stop the Poison/Steel type, since it's very weak to Ground moves. It would be like preparing the soil for new plants later. I wonder if this could be a movie? Maybe the movie idea is silly, but the dual-typing's great! What do you think?

I can see myself with a full team of
Ice Fairies! Also, I know it sounds weird, but I'd like to see a Fire Fairy design, too. One of the characters in Generation VI games asks the player, "How can I make my fairy Pokemon get along with fire types?" Maybe a dual-type would be a peacekeeping sort. In terms of non-Fairy typing, I'd like to see a Psychic/Electric type who combines brain-waves with shock-waves! It seems like dual Psychics are popular, but I can't find any examples of an Electric mix.

Thanks for the great question! I'd like to see more ideas.
I was kinda thinking it'd be having a mix of gray and green. I think a Poison/Steel type would help balance out the poison types as well as a Psychic/Poison type, since it would cancel its' weakness for Psychic. I also like the other type ideas you've listed as well.
GhostPony750 wrote:
I hope for more fairies... what about dark/fairy? In legends and stuff, fairies aren't all about those cute winged things. There was a great lack of fairy types in this gen, and they weren't all that much useful in general.
A Dark/Fairy sure would be nice as well, especially if it is a legendary Pokemon.

Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:30 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

A Electric/_____ type with a sharp defense stat would be a pretty cool concept, but what possible type combination could form such a speedy tank? I believe such power would lay within the dark types. This Pokemon would be composed of nothing besides static electricity and Dark Matter that possesses the power to multiply the amount of Protons it houses through the manipulation of Matter at a atomic level. Thus attracting more neutrons in it's path, rightfully earning the ability Lightning Rod. It would have a slim physic, and spikes( in the shape of Lightning Bolts) that hang along his shoulders and back. It would also have a fighting/electric rival. It would be a rivalry similar to Wolverine and Sabertooth, or Ghost Rider and Vengeance. It's stats would be arranged like this:

Hp:65
Attack:35
Defense:128( The Dark Matter and the Static Electricity hold a strong bond)
Spc. Attack: 95
Spc. Defense:95
Speed:117

Base Stat:535

Abilities: Lightning Rod and Infiltrator, Rivalry, or Vital Spirit.
Hidden Ability:_________

You guys a free debate and discuss what Ability it should rightfully have. Your opinions really matter to me :)

Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:45 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Fairy/Fire I think that would be interesting.

Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]