It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 PKMN Theories 
Lite Four
Lite Four

How come {bagon} only appears in 1 part of Meteor Falls. I mean they would soon advance to other parts of Meteor Falls wouldn't they?

Maybe the place that they are found in is an ecological niche that best supports its survival? :P

Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:46 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Dr. Koris wrote:
How come {bagon} only appears in 1 part of Meteor Falls. I mean they would soon advance to other parts of Meteor Falls wouldn't they?

Maybe the place that they are found in is an ecological niche that best supports its survival? :P

As is all of Meteor Falls. :|

Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:57 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Location: In my field of paper flowers, and candy clouds of lullaby...
Blackwind wrote:
Now, I'd really like to know the answer to this one: among all the Legendaries, which are one of a kind and which aren't? I assume Lugia isn't, for Ash and co. found a baby one in an episode; Articuno probably isn't unique or else Noland wouldn't have been able to tame one and get so little feedback from Ash and co.

I'd say Ho-oh, Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Raikou, Mewtwo and the Regis, Jirachi...unless I missed one (Entei I didn't put in due to the third movie-an Unown Entei, as I call it.)

The Latis, it says in Latias's Dex page that they travel in small groups, so they aren't one of a kind. Entei I already said. The fourth movie (Voice of the Forest) has a whole bunch of Celebis in it. There used to be a LOT of Mews before they went half-extinct. Articuno/Moltres/Zapdos, what Blackwind said plus on Pok

Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:25 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Why is that {slaking} is a sloth but it really looks like a Gorilla?

Sat Mar 25, 2006 8:41 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Why is that {slaking} is a sloth but it really looks like a Gorilla?
That's what happens when you breed a sloth and a gorilla together! Lolz! :mrgreen:

Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:43 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

If they did then.....they did a great job with the fusion. They really got the structure right.

Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:06 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:34 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Why is it that a shiny Gardevoir on the GBA games is blue, but when you use it on Colosseum/XD it turns to purple?

My guess is that they were having a moment and didn't realize it was blue, not purple. Either that or the shade of blue they picked turned out purple when they finished it.

Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:51 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

i would like to reply to some of the above threads.

I am pretty sure that Gyarados and Rayquaza comes from Chinese legends. Dragon is the most legendary creature in chinese culture and chinese ppl believed Dragon is the Greatest animals in the world. In Chinese, the creature "Dragon" is a snake-like (long one) animal which flies in the sky or swims in the water. This is different from those "western" dragons like Salamence. So i think Gyarados and Rayquaza are chines things.

Among Gyarados and Rayquaza, actually Gyarados better resembles a Chinese Dragon. (so i think gyarados should be a Dragon/water type)

i also think that Ho-oh comes from Chinese. Actually Ho-oh is a Phoneix, which is a legendary bird in chinese culture (i think this is the same in western culture). and Phoenix is the second most legendary in chinese (since Dragon represents the King, and Phoenix the Queen).

Sat Mar 25, 2006 12:56 pm
Profile ICQ
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I think the creators smoked a lot of ummm.........stuff, yea thats a good work, when they were thinking about the shiny colors.

Sat Mar 25, 2006 12:57 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I am pretty sure that Gyarados and Rayquaza comes from Chinese legends.

Gyarados and Magikarp, yes. Magikarp's legend is of a weak fish that grew stronger and turned into a dragon by swimming upstream in a rough current (at least that's how I think it goes).

Sat Mar 25, 2006 1:09 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Here is my guess for the origin of Pokemon:

i guessed it originated from chinese culture. In chinese, ppl traditionally believed that this world is consisted of 5 basic elements, namely metal, wood, water, fire and earth. In theory, wood reinforces fire, fire reinforces earth, earth reinforces metal (diff. from pkmn), metal reinforces water, water reinforces wood.

in contrary, wood inhibit earth, earth inhibit water (diff, from pkmn), water inhibits fire, fire inhibits metal, metal inhibit wood.

i guess the Japanese Nintendo got some ideas from this chinese traditions (in fact, there ar many similarities in chinese and japanese cultures). and want to create a game using the above idea. they then expand the above theory into a 17 types of elements. So they create Grass (wood), Fire, Ground (earth), Steel (metal), Water, and 12 more types.

Sat Mar 25, 2006 1:14 pm
Profile ICQ
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Then why wasn't the Steel-type in the first games?

Sat Mar 25, 2006 1:19 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

i didn't say that nintendo totally copied from the chinese. they must hv some new ideas, maybe they think that steel is not a suitable type of pokemon (at first), since it's hard to imagine a piece of steel which contains blood or any other signs of life.

Sat Mar 25, 2006 2:06 pm
Profile ICQ
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Another one: {ninetales} had to have come from a legend, otherwise there'd be no Mana on Bloody Roar 4 (She turns into a Ninetales)

I'm going to try and invent one...soon ^_^

Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:43 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Yes, Ninetales isn't an original invention; it must be based on another legend, since there's a digimon that looks exactly like ninetales too. Kyubimon, I think.

http://digitalmonsters.free.fr/images/s ... ubimon.jpg

Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:58 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

OMG thank you for that picture!! I have that toy...been wondering what it's been called for ages ^_^

Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:03 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Now, I'd really like to know the answer to this one: among all the Legendaries, which are one of a kind and which aren't? I assume Lugia isn't, for Ash and co. found a baby one in an episode; Articuno probably isn't unique or else Noland wouldn't have been able to tame one and get so little feedback from Ash and co.

I think that they are all one of a kind except for {deoxys} and {latias} and {latios} .

I think that Manafi, Jirachi, Celebi, and Mew should all be equals. They are the founding fathers (or mothers) of what pokemon is today. I think that Celebi, jirachi, and Manafi should get some credit for creating all the pokemon instead of just Mew.

I think that in the games {unown} should qualify as legendaries seeing as they do in the movies. In fact, if they are so powerful in the movies, I thikn they should have ube-godly stats in the game along with some brand new uber-godly ability.

Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:18 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Blackwind wrote:

I think that in the games {unown} should qualify as legendaries seeing as they do in the movies. In fact, if they are so powerful in the movies, I thikn they should have ube-godly stats in the game along with some brand new uber-godly ability.

But notice this - The legendary pokemon live on their own (With exception of a few), while the Unown live in huge packs of a couple hundred, maybe exceeding a thousand! So the Unown probably work like this:

Unown are not that powerful on their own, but when they gather in packs, each Unown amplifies the powers of every other Unown in the same pack. It would take some kind of massive amplification because when you calculate the strength of each Unown, the energy released far exceeds the sum of their powers.

Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:54 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

In actual fact, many of the pokemon, legendary or not, are not all that original, most of them have just been stolen from myths and folklore from around the globe.

Rattata for instance, is in fact from Norse mythology. The world was symbolised as a giant tree and on that tree was a squirril called Rattatosk who ran up and down causing mischief. Rattata even has the same curling tail as Rattatosk.

Also, ho-oh is not a pheonix, that title is reserved for Moltres. Ho-oh is the bird-form reincarnation of yet another Aztec god. Hence his rainbow wings and bright colours. The fact that he is a fire type is derived from the huge amount of sun worshipping the aztecs performed.

For those of you who enjoy trivia, the name Pheonix is actually the name of a species of palm tree the bird was reguarly depicted sitting on, the names got muddled up at some point and the bird became the pheonix.

Sat Apr 08, 2006 6:14 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

In actual fact, many of the pokemon, legendary or not, are not all that original, most of them have just been stolen from myths and folklore from around the globe.

Rattata for instance, is in fact from Norse mythology. The world was symbolised as a giant tree and on that tree was a squirril called Rattatosk who ran up and down causing mischief. Rattata even has the same curling tail as Rattatosk.

Also, ho-oh is not a pheonix, that title is reserved for Moltres. Ho-oh is the bird-form reincarnation of yet another Aztec god. Hence his rainbow wings and bright colours. The fact that he is a fire type is derived from the huge amount of sun worshipping the aztecs performed.

For those of you who enjoy trivia, the name Pheonix is actually the name of a species of palm tree the bird was reguarly depicted sitting on, the names got muddled up at some point and the bird became the pheonix.

GOOD STUFF! ^_^
pelligargetic, 1 question though, how can a pokemon that was a mutant from outer-space be legendary?
and why would there only be 1 of all legendaries, that's impossible, if there is 1, there must be more.

Sat Apr 08, 2006 6:48 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Sefrin wrote:

GOOD STUFF! ^_^
pelligargetic, 1 question though, how can a pokemon that was a mutant from outer-space be legendary?
and why would there only be 1 of all legendaries, that's impossible, if there is 1, there must be more.

Not if there was some explosion that only killed the now legendaries. The legendaries now were the only ones who survived the exploson! ^-^

Sat Apr 08, 2006 8:59 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Why does {kangaskhan} hatch with a baby in it's pouch?

Last edited by goldenquagsire on Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:59 am, edited 3 times in total.

Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:39 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Why does Kangaskan hatch with a baby in it's pouch?
It's not the {kangaskhan} 's baby, it would be its brother or sister! 8)

Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:15 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Philip wrote:
it's hard to imagine a piece of steel which contains blood or any other signs of life.

Well, where'd {magnemite} and {magneton} come from? They're balls of steel with magnets stuck to their sides...

Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:50 am
Reply to topic   [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next