It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:14 am

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 
 Final Fantasy 7:Advent children 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I was wondering if anyone has seen FF7:Advent Children. If you wish to see it but haven't you could go see it at http://www.narutofan.com other than that you could talk about it or ask questions.

Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:18 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Yeah I saw it.It was cool when Tifa was fighting that guy.And it was also cool when Cloud was fighting Seprioth->(I think it's not the rght spelling)
Well anyways theis topic should be moved to the non pokemon Tv/and Movies.

Tue Nov 01, 2005 5:03 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

Your link doesn't seem to have any information on FF7, Latios. The entire page is exclusively Naruto :?

Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:56 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Walking down the path of life. Perhaps we will meet again someday.

Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:31 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Moved to TV/Movies/Books.

Your link doesn't seem to have any information on FF7, Latios. The entire page is exclusively Naruto :?

If you go to the top of the page where it says see newest episode or something like that(it will be the middle choice out of the three choices you could click on at the top). Anyways if you go to the side of the page it will show you a picture of Cloud from the movie,click on the bottom of his picture Final Fantasy 7: Advent Childern and it will let you Download the movie.

Fri Nov 04, 2005 4:12 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

When I first saw the movie, I thought it was cheesy. I didn't like it. But then I saw it again, and actually liked it. They could've done better with that movie though.

Sun Nov 06, 2005 7:14 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

When I first saw the movie, I thought it was cheesy. I didn't like it. But then I saw it again, and actually liked it. They could've done better with that movie though.

:) Well at least it was better than that sorry first one they made. It was more like a shooting game(if it were to be a game) I think that squaresoft went way off the Final Fantasy theme on this realease.(sorry all you fans of the movie) :)

Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:39 pm
Profile WWW
Lite Four
Lite Four

I saw the movie on September 16th at 5:20pm. Although I'm not obessed with the game/movie because I can think of better games, I still remember the date I saw it. ;[

The movie IMO was good. Much better than the game, although the game was pretty good too. I liked the fighting, because it looked so real. However, the story was lacking interest. Without all those fancy scenes and show of Square's excelent graphics, I probably wouldn't have enjoyed this movie at all.

Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:16 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I saw the movie on September 16th at 5:20pm. Although I'm not obessed with the game/movie because I can think of better games, I still remember the date I saw it. ;[

The movie IMO was good. Much better than the game, although the game was pretty good too. I liked the fighting, because it looked so real. However, the story was lacking interest. Without all those fancy scenes and show of Square's excelent graphics, I probably wouldn't have enjoyed this movie at all.

Yeah your right it wasn't that good it's just good seeing cloud with good graphics.

Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:24 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Way too much cloud is simply obvious. Many other characters, like vincent, were actually more interesting, but oh well, he is the main character... As for the movie being better than the game........ well, I really don't agree. FF7 was not only amazing at that time, it still is now. IMO, and in that of many others, it's the best game ever created, at least for playstation consoles. Weaker storyline, that's for sure, but everything ended so well in the game it was hard to make another super-complex and intriguing plot.

On-topic again, it sticked nicely to the game's storyline, and we actually got to see some direct references to the rpg (very, very nice), like the mobile phone's tune (victory fanfare, for the experts), "braver" and "omnislash" limit breaks, "one winged angel" theme playing when cloud faced sephiroth, the use of materia, etc. Those references alone made the movie worth watching, IMO.

If only they would have focused a bit more on the other characters instead of just cloud and tifa, it'd have been perfect.

To those of you who think the movie would be crap without the fancy footwork, sword swings and little magic orbs, might I remind you that those are the very essence of FF, and that making a serious movie and simultaneously having it based on the game was simply impossible. This time around, the authors actually bothered to connect the movie with it's origin, unlike with Spirits Within, which was serious crap.

Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:25 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

The way I see it:

Way too much cloud is simply obvious. Many other characters, like vincent, were actually more interesting, but oh well, he is the main character... As for the movie being better than the game........ well, I really don't agree. FF7 was not only amazing at that time, it still is now. IMO, and in that of many others, it's the best game ever created, at least for playstation consoles. Weaker storyline, that's for sure, but everything ended so well in the game it was hard to make another super-complex and intriguing plot.

On-topic again, it sticked nicely to the game's storyline, and we actually got to see some direct references to the rpg (very, very nice), like the mobile phone's tune (victory fanfare, for the experts), "braver" and "omnislash" limit breaks, "one winged angel" theme playing when cloud faced sephiroth, the use of materia, etc. Those references alone made the movie worth watching, IMO.

If only they would have focused a bit more on the other characters instead of just cloud and tifa, it'd have been perfect.

To those of you who think the movie would be crap without the fancy footwork, sword swings and little magic orbs, might I remind you that those are the very essence of FF, and that making a serious movie and simultaneously having it based on the game was simply impossible. This time around, the authors actually bothered to connect the movie with it's origin, unlike with Spirits Within, which was serious crap.

Well if I'am correct Vincent Died in the middle of disc three on the game. Also the reson Squaresoft rated this game it's best game ever becuase of Cloud. So the movie kind of has to have it's award winning , save the world,main character guy star in there movie.

Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:37 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Oh, then maybe it's his ghost that appears in the movie. Yep, that must be it. :roll:

You do know who vincent valentine is, don't you?...

And I wasn't talking about squaresoft's opinion, but the gamers'.
FF7 was a tremendous breakthrough at that time (despite the 3D characters looking like lego toys), and that earned it the respect of many, many gamers. As for cloud being the hero, well, obvious, it couldn't be any other way, you're right there. I just think he still took a bit too much of the spotlight. Yeah, let him beat sephiroth, he's supposed too, geez... But making him beat every single bad guy in the movie seems a bit exagerated... what were the other characters' roles in the entire movie, in that case? Simply propell cloud higher and higher from a building so he could slash that bahamut-ish beast and take all the credit (again...)?

I'm sure you get my point :wink:

Sat Nov 12, 2005 4:26 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Yeah Vincent died like how Arithe or something like that died in disc 1 and they showed Cloud having a dream about her.

Sat Nov 12, 2005 10:13 pm
Profile WWW
Lite Four
Lite Four

Yeah Vincent died like how Arithe or something like that died in disc 1 and they showed Cloud having a dream about her.

Umm Vincent does not die. If he died, he wouldn't have been in the game and he'd be sitting on the bottom of a lake like Aeris :roll:

Vincent wastes his life in a coffin because he feels bad for what happened to whats-her-face...(can't think of it right now) Some believe hes a vampire, which could be true also. By the way, Vincent > Cloud IMHO ;[

Adding on to what I said in my post above, just as Blackwind said: There is too much Cloud in that movie. It'd be nice if Yuffie and Red XIII appeared more often. Although Cloud is the main character, he is no where near the "best" character. I'm sorry to offend any Cloud fanboys out there, but what makes Cloud so "cool?" What does he have that Vincent doesn't? :?

Sun Nov 13, 2005 11:13 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I perceived cloud as having more fangirls than fanboys, but oh well...

And really, that attitude of like "leave me alone or I'll kick your *rear end* 'cause I'm good enough to do so" is getting old, squall (FF8) fills that spot just fine... I prefer the "leave me alone or I'll a) seal myself in a coffin, b) shoot you, c) shoot myself in sorrow" attitude of vince's we all came to know and love :D

Come to think of it, cloud is too out of the ordinary to earn respect from many people, they prefer sephiroth and vincent for their badass attitudes, which don't fit a main character at all...

Take Star Ocean 3 for example (many of you don't know it): The main character is your everyday wimp, kind hearted hero, etc etc. The "cool" guy is, obviously, a bad guy recently turned good (albel!!). Which makes perfect sense.

The attempt of breaking the habit with an anti-hero main character in rpg's is too much of a change to be well accepted, IMHO.

I say we despise/make fun of cloud from now on. (j/k)

Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:48 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I perceived cloud as having more fangirls than fanboys, but oh well...

And really, that attitude of like "leave me alone or I'll kick your *rear end* 'cause I'm good enough to do so" is getting old, squall (FF8) fills that spot just fine... I prefer the "leave me alone or I'll a) seal myself in a coffin, b) shoot you, c) shoot myself in sorrow" attitude of vince's we all came to know and love :D

Come to think of it, cloud is too out of the ordinary to earn respect from many people, they prefer sephiroth and vincent for their badass attitudes, which don't fit a main character at all...

Take Star Ocean 3 for example (many of you don't know it): The main character is your everyday wimp, kind hearted hero, etc etc. The "cool" guy is, obviously, a bad guy recently turned good (albel!!). Which makes perfect sense.

The attempt of breaking the habit with an anti-hero main character in rpg's is too much of a change to be well accepted, IMHO.

I say we despise/make fun of cloud from now on. (j/k)

Well I wouldn't exactly make fun of cloud becuase he is still a okay character(I'm not a fanboy) the reason I think that most people like cloud is becuase of his big ass weapon,I kind of agree with Krisp there isn't anything really special about cloud (sepy is way better) it is just becuase of that main character crap that Blackwind was talking about. Like in Star Ocean Till The End Of Time(starocean three) that is one of the gayest main characters you could ever meet. Were Albel on the other hand is one of the best characters in the game.Back on subject I think that we shouldn't talk about cloud like he is a trash character just that he isn't one of the best characters.(Just wanted to add it would be cool if they made StarOcean movie.)

Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:46 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I absolutely loved the game, but I'll rent a copy of the movie. Cloud (in my opinion) is an awesome character. Tifa is really cool, but Aries had always been my favorite character (they both remind me of myself, for different reasons). But anyway, Cloud is awesome, and I can't wait to see the movie! I remember I never could finish the game, because I didn't want it to end and everything. But now I'm prolly gonna start a new game and never finish it, lol.

<center>Image</center>

Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:05 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Well you should download it on the site I gave on the first post. The movie comes out 2007 for DVD unless you have a PSP then you can get it sommetime around christmas break.

Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:50 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I think I'll wait for it. Thanks for the offer, though!

<center>Image</center>

Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:57 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

:( Sorry :( For incorrect post it will be coming out on DVD in febuary.

Sat Dec 10, 2005 8:47 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]