It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 CD Review: McFly - Room On The Third Floor 
Lite Four
Lite Four

<center>Image</center>

Music:
Most dismiss McFly as just a mini-Busted, but if you really listen to the two, there are several distinct differences between them. Both Busted and McFly have catchy pop-rock tunes but McFly's songs have a stronger 60's influence. The songs are full of good guitar work as well. Most of their songs are cheerful and have a "beachy" feel, "Surfer Babe" and "Saturday Night" for instance, while other tracks are good to listen to when you're feeling down, "She Left Me" and "Room on the Third Floor" for instance. Overall, I'm quite impressed with the talent of the guys, especially guitarist Danny Jones.

Lyrics:
The lyrics don't exactly have deep meanings behind them (they deal with everyday lives of teenage guys, with a twist of punk-like humour added to it) but are they are without doubt fun and catchy. You'll end up laughing along the lyrics of "Saturday Night" ("We got every girl in school in the deep end of the pool. If you wanna take a dip bring your trunks") and going "do-do-do-do-do" after listening to "Five Colors in Her Hair".

Overall Impression:
Love it. The tracks are highly addictive, and the music is great. McFly also has a distincy style that makes it different from Busted and other similar boy bands. I'll recommend it to anyone who can stand some punky fun.

9/10

Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:18 am
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]