It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Earth Awakens 
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Earth Awakens is the third in a prequel trilogy to the Ender's Game series, written by Orson Scott Card and Aaron Johnston. The trilogy collectively chronicles the First Invasion, when a disorganized and divided Earth, caught unprepared, is only able to defeat a single Formic ship after a prolonged war, and the Scouring of China, killing tens of millions of humans. Without giving too much away, the third book wraps up the first war pretty well, but the epilogue clearly hints at the next battle: the Second Invasion, which we know from Ender's Game was fought between a united Earth and a large Formic fleet. The Formics destroyed everything in their path, until finally being stopped by the destruction of the Formic Queen's ship, recognized and attacked by Mazer Rackham, the legendary hero who teaches Ender in Ender's Game.

The prequel trilogy differs significantly from the bare facts of the First Invasion mentioned in Ender's Game, but overall I've liked the trilogy, and I'm glad they were written. I really hope that the next story hinted at so strongly does indeed get written too. So how about you? Have you read the book/trilogy? Did you like it? Do you want more prequel books from this duo?

Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:53 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]