It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:12 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 DangerDoom - The Mouse And The Mask 
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

For those of you who watch Adult Swim on Cartoon Network, I'm sure you've seen plenty of ads for DangerDoom, the project between indie rapper MF Doom and producer Danger Mouse. It's a hip-hop album that strays away from the music you usually hear on the radio, and it's a very raw album. The entire album has amazing production and MF Doom stays interesting throughout.

The addition of the Adult Swim casts really adds a lot to the album, with a bunch of hilarious original skits as well as excerpts from the shows, such as the infamous "Sofa King" skit from Aqua Teen Hunger Force. In addition to the Adult Swim casts, Ghostface, Cee-Lo, and Talib Kwe join in on three of the tracks (The Mask, Benzie Box, and Old School).

You can listen to the entire album at http://www.myspace.com/dangerdoom. I strongly urge you to take a listen to it if you're into hip-hop, but do it anyway if you don't like hip-hop, because this is a hip-hop album for people who don't like hip-hop. The album comes out October 11th (tomorrow), so if you like what you hear, go out and buy it.

Overall, I'd rate the album a 4.8/5. There is very little to detract from it, and as I said earlier, lots of different people can enjoy this album.

Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:17 pm
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

oh well, I'm buying this CD anyway. I hope Target has it, which I doubt they will.

=02:47:08= <pop10> probably means your staff or soethingwich in that case i could getyou fired or i could report to nintendo how bad of website you run because you dont follow your own rules on the chats

Tue Oct 11, 2005 1:59 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]