It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 World of Warcraft question 
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I plan on getting started with the world of warcraft here in a few monthes and I had a few questions to ask.

1. I am thinking of choosing the Night Elf/Hunter, I was wondering if you can ride a horse?

I heard you could buy horses in this game.

2. What race is the most popular?

3. Whats the best thing about the game?

4. Has there ever been a time where you have been scared to enter a place because you thought maybe there was a hunter inside of it at a high level and very skilled?

5. How big is the map and whats it like traveling far distances (How far can night elves travel?)

Thank You.

Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:08 am
Profile ICQ
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Ok, Crosman, most of your questions can be answered here: http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/races/

Fri Nov 18, 2005 4:26 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I have already been there and I have had a difficult time rememebering everything I read. i find it alot easier to ask people who have actually played the geme.

Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:27 am
Profile ICQ
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

2.not sure i think either humans or night elves
3.well to many to list
4.well yes in the battlegrounds
5. interesting question huge map and night elves can go anywere neutral or alliance controled

Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:42 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

If your a hunter, can you sit in trees and wait for people/animals to walk by?

Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:02 pm
Profile ICQ
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Night Elves can ride horses but they need an exalted reputation with the humans.

Sat Nov 19, 2005 6:09 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

If your a hunter, can you sit in trees and wait for people/animals to walk by?

no sadly but u get an animal to hunt with u wich is cool

Sun Nov 20, 2005 7:57 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Crosman wrote:
I plan on getting started with the world of warcraft here in a few monthes and I had a few questions to ask.

1. I am thinking of choosing the Night Elf/Hunter, I was wondering if you can ride a horse?

4. Has there ever been a time where you have been scared to enter a place because you thought maybe there was a hunter inside of it at a high level and very skilled?

5. How big is the map and whats it like traveling far distances (How far can night elves travel?)

Thank You.

1) Each race has a different mount, humans get horses, night elves get a big kitten called a Night/Frost/Stormsabre. The only difference is in the way they look.
If you wanted a horse you'd need exhaulted reputation with Stormwind, which is very difficult to get.

2) Depends on which server you use, but generally it's between Night Elves & Humans.

3) Ganking people.

4) No because I WTFPWN hunters, in fact, I WTFPWN everybody, so it doesn't make much difference.

5) It's very big, but fortunatly it doesn;t take that long to cross, thanks to boats & flight paths.

Mon Nov 21, 2005 3:28 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

*does not see any Leeroy Jenkins references*

~ Kamille Bidan (Zeta Gundam)

Wed Nov 23, 2005 3:23 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Crosman wrote:

Thank You.

1. Trolls are the extreme better version of Night Elves. Go with a Troll Hunter because if it came down to it, Raptors can eat Horses.

2. The most popular race is probably a tie between humans and undead. Orcs and Night Elves next. Trolls and Dwarves following. Tauren and Gnomes after that.

3. Everything.

4. That is only a worry on PvP servers. You won't have that problem until you are like level 20ish and start entering Contested Areas of the map.

5. The map is huge. You do have to take some time to walk from place to place, but that isn't always a bad thing because it gives you a chance to farm things like cloth and ore. You also get to grind your level up while running between cities.

Also, Horde is WAY MORE newbie friendly than Alliance. I've played both, I know. RP servers are extremely weird so stay clear unless you want to get DEEP into the game. Normal and PvP servers are good for people just starting out.

For a Profession: If you are interesting in making truck loads of money for a mount(its like 100g when you hit level 40) then you want to pursue Mining and Skining or Mining and Herbalism. If you are into making your own armor, then go with Skinning and Leatherworking, Mining and Blacksmithing, Tailoring and Enchanting, or Mining and Engineering. Engineering is good for hunters because you can make your own Guns and Ammo. Leatherworking is good for making your armor(until you hit level 40 because Hunters can wear mail at that point). Blacksmithing can outfit you with armor for later and weapons throughout the game. Tailoring is useful for making bags. Enchanting enchants weapons with things like "+Spr".

You also want to pursue Fishing and Cooking to feed your pet. The best Pets for newbies are Bears and Cats. Bears it pretty much anything and Cats eat meat and fish.

You'll want to focus on Agility as a Hunter. A hunter likes to fight from afar and never get hit. Agility, Spirit, and Intellegence are the MAIN Hunter Stats. DO NOT LEARN HAND TO HAND COMBAT AS A HUNTER. It won't work, I've tried it.

You'll want some high damage dealing weapons incase the pet dies. Either two-handed weapons or dual-weild. It is up to you.

LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOYYYY
JEEEEEEEEEEENKKKKKKKKKKKKINNNNNNNNNNSSSS!!!!

Thu Nov 24, 2005 9:46 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

To offer some alternate views to Tobey's points:

Any hunter which uses a two-handed weapon is a n00btard.

Trolls are not better than Night Elves since Night Elves have better racial abilities. Shadowmeld anyone?

Carebare servers are crap. Even PvP servers have problems, it's about flipping time they made PK servers.

Alliance are way more newbie friendly than Horde. I know since I've played both. Alliance has more flighpaths, more quests, & the quests are like "Talk to the person 2 steps away from me."

I suggest Blacksmithing/Mining for a profession. You'll get lots of money early on from selling extra bars, plus later on in the game you'll get good armour & weapons. I don't recommend either Engineering or Enchanting for a new player. Since both are total money sinks, & you'll be broke constantly. Leatherworking sucks for Hunters after level 40, the only mail it can make is Dragonscale, which is poor.

If you want an interesing pet that is sure to be the envy of everyone with your Night Elf, once you get to level 10, take a big detour to Tirisfal glades & capture one of the awesome aetheticallly pleasing Black widow spiders.

Agility is important, but never Ninja the rogue items. Rouges are a force to be reckoned with.

If you want an easy life use the Beastmasters talent tree, then sit & watch through the whole game as you have your pet solo everything while you sit & watch.

The majority of the Alliance is about 10 years old. Which makes them easy to manipulate if you are Alliance, or easy to beat if you are Horde.

Absolutely every single hunter you run into will have a cat if they are above level 20. This is because the majority of hunters are also about 10 years old, & have no originality.

Leeroy Jenkins is the perfect example of the majority of the Alliance.

Thu Nov 24, 2005 2:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]