It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:39 pm

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ] 
 Starcraft 
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Location: A box under the steps in the house around the corner from Jerry's Bait Shop
Truely the god of all games, Starcraft is almost complete perfection. The fact that they're still selling a 10 year old game on store shelves is only part of the testiment to it's awesomeness. Anyone care to post their moments of greatness while playing that game?

The best I managed to do was take 2 people out 2v1, I was Protoss and they were on the ropes before they quit. I used just about every unit possible but I managed to take them out. twas awesome.

Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:37 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Oh, how I utterly love this Game. Need to get the PC version though...as nice as the 64 version is, I'm a Voice + Cheat whore. I know, I know...

I love the Protoss too. Particularly Mind Control...I'm deliciously evil that way. Also love the Dragoons and Archons.

Also there's been a big update for Ghost which includes *playable* Zerg in Multiplayer.

~ Kamille Bidan (Zeta Gundam)

Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:03 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

meh protoss is too slow and shields are a nice touch but prices are too steep and an EMP just wastes the whole lot of 'em.

best race = zergling. duh. that's why they win.

spawning pool then bam! zergling rush. first 3 zerglings in like 2 minutes. set rallying point at enemy base then continue pumping. go for the marines or barracks/gateway first (not enough time for zealots haha). then scvs/probes. then command center/nexus. game over. go cry to mommy.

Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:21 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

Protoss might be slow, but it is certainly very powerful in the later part of the game. I often use an Arbiter together with, say, 12 Carriers on unsuspecting foes :P

Mind Control is also great late game, and is useful when preventing Zerg drops. Just Mind Control the flying transport thingy (what was it called, the Overlord?) and you gain everything inside together with it.

My favourite race is still the Zerg though. They have the most deadly air units IMO, when you combine Guardians, Mutalisks as well as the thingy with the Acid Spores (man I need to refresh my memory on all these Starcraft stuff).

Maybe lapras7surfer might have much to say about this game lol. Starcraft is an immensely popular game in Korea.

Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:00 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:02 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

THE best of strategy games, all that has been said I wanted to say :( But all the Races have different advantages. Like Protoss have power, Zerg have Mass Numbers and Terran are well, balanced. I like Zerg as Aliens rule and protoss are too humanoidish for me. Got Brood War too, and completed them both. I have a thingy for cheats on them. I'll get them

EDIT: Can't find it

EDIT: FOUND IT! http://s2.phpbbforfree.com/forums/starc ... 43.html#43

It is an inactive site by me.

Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:07 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

The Protoss are actually based off the Predator from the Movie of the same name.

MY LIFE FOR AIUR!!!

Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:17 pm
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

Oh, how I utterly love this Game. Need to get the PC version though...as nice as the 64 version is, I'm a Voice + Cheat whore. I know, I know...

I love the Protoss too. Particularly Mind Control...I'm deliciously evil that way. Also love the Dragoons and Archons.

Also there's been a big update for Ghost which includes *playable* Zerg in Multiplayer.

Oh man, you don't have the PC version? It isn't Starcraft if it isn't PC. :D Protoss are probably my favorite. Terran are cool with all of their techs, but they're too weak. Zerg are just... blah.

I've completed the original campaign, and am just about done with Episode VI of Brood War.

Today, in the midst of foreplay, this girl tells me I am so hot, I respond "Ditto." She heatedly responds "I love ditto," to which I suavely reply "I didn't know you were into Pokemon. That may make you even sexier." She knows nothing about Pokemon, but I sure know how to kill the mood. FML

{dragonair}

Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:55 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I'll probably pick up Battle Chest this Christmas...and I played the PC Demo.

However, I do miss the ability to select 18 Units at once. Oh well. 2 Teams of 12 is better anyway.

Wed Nov 16, 2005 2:34 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Mass Carriers = INSTANT WIN

thats true. i had 13 carriers with 8 interceptors. even though they shot one of them down, man, i had 104 interceptors! :shock:

My favorite one would have to be Protss. I like their photon cannons because they destroy any zerg or whatever and terran missle launchers don't do didly. but there are ups and down to every type.

AVA MADE BY ME

Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:35 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Missile Launchers are great Anti-Air measures...plus they can also detect.

Which is handy against Ghosts & Dark Templar.

Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:32 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

My favorite one would have to be Protss. I like their photon cannons because they destroy any zerg or whatever and terran missle launchers don't do didly. but there are ups and down to every type.

Not really. Photon Cannons are rather slow at firing, and mass Zerglings/Hydralisks can take them out very very quickly, unless you have dozens of them. I tend to use Guardians to take them out at a distance anyway.

Missile Launchers are underestimated. Like Calculon mentioned, they are the best counter Terran has against Dark Templar and Ghost Attacks, at least until you manage to get the Science Vessel later on.

Back to the Photon Cannon, I still prefer the Bunker to the Photon Cannon. I usually pack those with three Marines and a Firebat, and it works rather well due to the Marines' fast firing rate. Firebats are for Zerglings that manage to venture near to it. Combine the Bunkers with Missile Launchers and Siege Tanks in Siege modes, and they make for an excellent base defence. Throw some Goliaths with upgraded range for anti-air purposes (Stuff like Carriers and Guardians can't be hit by the Missile Launchers due to their superior range) and your base is incredibly hard to penetrate.

Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:30 pm
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

Ah, this reminds me of spore and sunken colonies.

Yuck.

Photon Cannons are probably, in my opinion, the best of the defense buildings. Air/Land protection + detection. :)

Today, in the midst of foreplay, this girl tells me I am so hot, I respond "Ditto." She heatedly responds "I love ditto," to which I suavely reply "I didn't know you were into Pokemon. That may make you even sexier." She knows nothing about Pokemon, but I sure know how to kill the mood. FML

{dragonair}

Thu Nov 17, 2005 7:00 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Yeah, I'm a fan of the Photon Cannons as well since they can do everything...but I love the Bunkers as well. Primarily because you can punk an Enemy's to use for yourself.

However, I tend to just get my Dark Archons to Mind Control SCVs and team up a Bunker + Missile Launcher with a pair of Photon Cannons...then have Siege Tanks for support. It's essentially unbreakable.

Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:56 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

Yeah, a combination of Terran and Protoss defenses is almost unpenetrable. Bunkers with Missile Launchers with Siege Tanks in support and Photon Cannons as back-up... Throw in some Goliaths with improved range... *shudders*

Anyway, Spore and Sunken Colonies are better than you think, swift. They have more HP than Bunkers and Photon Cannons, and have pretty good damage. Back them up with units like the Scourge and Ultralisk, and they can wreak havoc on a foe's assault group :wink:

Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:22 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Oh, I love the Zerg defenses too: the Sunken Colony, in particular, is a favourite of mine simply because it's so vicious. However, they're also utterly disgusting.

My favourite Zerg structure is the Nydus Canal: it really makes having multiple bases that extra bit more practical.

And where's the Lurker love?

Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:48 am
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

Sunken colonies are good, but spore seem worthless to me. Lurkers kick some major terran ass too :D

{dragonair}

Sun Nov 20, 2005 11:11 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

Spore Colonies aren't so bad. They are like higher HP and larger sized versions of the Terran Missile Launchers. They offer good air defense because I (and some other Zerg players) like to scatter the Creep Colonies throughout my base. The foe can't just fly in their "air-force" past the perimeters of my base and attack my Hatchery and key buildings, because I would have Spore Colonies within my base too.

Sun Nov 20, 2005 6:27 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I actually played StarCraft today and finished "The Trump Card" in a matter of minutes.

Defensive Matrix > Terran Confederacy

Mon Nov 21, 2005 2:03 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Yea, I agree with ya'll about the Zerg defenses. But, like I said there are ups and downs to every civilization. I kinda like the Zerg because I'll make maybe 25 Zerglings and support that with maybe 20-30 hydralisk when i don't have the ability to make ohter buildings. Then I'll swarm in and utterlly destroy the Terran and maybe, but not likely, the Protoss.

I also like the bunker and Goliaths.

In all though, my favorite unit of each type:
> Terran: Battle Cruiser and their Yamato (?) gun. Uper Strong
> Protoss: Either the Carrier or the Archons.
> Zerg: What are those big walking things?

AVA MADE BY ME

Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:45 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Ultralisks. I tend to use them as a distraction while I rush with other Zerg.

And how come there's no love for the Protoss Reavers?

Wed Nov 23, 2005 3:18 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

Reavers are good no doubt; they work very effectively on enemy workers. Simply do a Reaver drop with several Shuttles behind the foe's Hatchery/Command Center/Nexus and watch the foe's workforce get annihilated.

The problem with this is that it has become such a common problem that people prepare more than adequately to prevent such Reaver drops. They include air defense beside the Command Center, and having a shuttle near to the workers such that at any sign of a Reaver drop, the workers can be rushed into the shuttle to escape from harm. The popularity of Reaver drops have therefore decreased :cry:

Wed Nov 23, 2005 5:54 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Reavers are pretty decent at wiping out Defense structures though.

Hell, they're also good Pylon-killers.

Wed Nov 23, 2005 5:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]