It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 CD review: Silent Alarm by Bloc Party 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Bloc Party: Nice Casual band, rock mostly very weirdly good taste in rhythm. I love their new album. 'Silent Alarm'

Containing 14 fresh great songs, Silent Alarm is probably one of the best casual rock albums of the year, with songs like 'Helicopter', 'This Modern Love' and 'Two More Years' which is very addictive to listen to on repeat im telling you :P.

You dont have to be into rock completly to listen to it and like it, I have friends that are into R'n'B and they liked it.

The lead singer has a very nice voice its highish, higher than System of a Down I think but not as high as James Blunt :P Ill give you a pat on the back if you find a Guy singer with a higher voice than him :P

The lyrics arent OMG FANTASTIC LETS PUT THIS STUFF IN MY MSN NAME. They are casual listen to lyrics, quite easy to learn, theres barely any shouting except for the ooo's and ahhh's. Very easy to hear the words and stuff, basically the singer is very good; you usually get people you try to be cool and sing like they are trying to read the new Harry Potter book in less than 1 minute.

The drummer is just awsome, not many people can drum like this, people can drum faster but this drum style in unique, I love it.

I recommend this to people in their Teens. (13-18) But yet again I think some casual adults would like this to just sit down to or to jive to. :P

Overrall rating: 9.2/10

Room for improvement, but not much needed. This band is hard to go off.
Buy it or feel my wrath, *Rubypokes wrath now online* :P
Theres my CD review!

Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:32 am
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]