It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:46 am

Forum rules

It's not called THE BIG THREAD THAT ANSWERS ALL YOUR QUESTIONS for nothing. Use it!

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 My Computer Crashed!! 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Hi guys, I'm REALLY sorry if this is the wrong place too make this topic, but my life on Psypokes depends on it!! I think this is the right place to put it anyhow...

My brand new computer crashed. I leave the house with it on for 20 min., and it's absolutely frozen by the time I come home. I turn it off and try to reboot it, when I get a few options, which I cannot remember, but the buttons were f1, f2 and f5 and a message saying that "The hard drive cannot be found, please reseat it and try again" or something to that effect. F2 eventually showed this:

Error Code: 0141

Msg: Error Code 2000-0141

Msg: No drive detected. The given error code and message can be used by Dell Tech Support to help diagnose the problem. Do you want to continue testing??

F5 went through more complex tests and apparently, the most hard-ware components on my system (mouse, keyboard, speakers ect.) were fine, but no connection to the hard-drive could be made whatsoever.

I'm posting off of my old computer, which may crash itself any minute. Please, I'm desperate for help, I don't have tech support where I live! Do you think its a virus, or a physical problem??

I think I've put some more detail in my post in the Goodbye / I'm Back thread.

I will be extremely grateful if any of you that have the knowledge to help me would post in this thread!! I know that you guys are generally very helpful and knowledgeable, and I won't be surprised if I get a quick response.

I've really enjoyed my time on Psypoke, abeit a short time on the Forums, and I hope that I'll be online before this summer again!!

Thanks to all those who have bothered to read this and those who reply!!! If you need anymore details, please PM me or email me at my address crystal_star12 (at symbol) hotmail.com .

Crystal

If I owe/ said I would donate you psybucks, please PM me ASAP (preferably a link to the page that I "bought" the item) and I will try to round them up as quickly as possible (of course, after the cash mod is fully functional). Thanks.

Thu May 15, 2008 5:55 pm
Report this post
The Geek
The Geek

Sounds like a bad hard drive. If it's brand new, send it back to where you got it; it should still be under warantee.

latina mortua lingua est // ud mortua ud ea possit
prima meas ancestras necavit // et nunc me necat

Tue May 20, 2008 9:35 pm
Report this post
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

That's what we're doing, but it takes a while to ship it down to where I live. >.< The PC's under a warranty, but it's REALLY expensive to ship stuff quickly to where I live and normal post is slow and unreliable, so my parents are considering buying me a new one because it would be around the same cost if it's NOT the hard drive. I'm now 80% sure that's what it is, but my family's main computer and my friend's just crashed, but that's supposed to be because of a new trojan horse. Anyway, thanks for posting Jiggz. :D

PS, so if this ever happens again or something similar in the future, should I place this in general discussion :?: I hate breaking the rules and making work for the staff.

If I owe/ said I would donate you psybucks, please PM me ASAP (preferably a link to the page that I "bought" the item) and I will try to round them up as quickly as possible (of course, after the cash mod is fully functional). Thanks.

Thu May 22, 2008 4:25 am
Report this post
Lite Four
Lite Four

No, this is the help forum, and you needed help, so it was in the right spot. Don't worry about it, it's not a big deal.

Thu May 22, 2008 3:25 pm
Report this post
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

The hard-drive came in yesterday, and it works. :D Thanks to all those that took a look at this, and maybe if you have the same problem, you'll know what it is. THANK YOU Jiggz for posting and giving me a second opinion, and Krisp for answering my question. :D

Wed May 28, 2008 1:14 pm
Report this post
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 5 posts ]