It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:22 am

Forum rules

It's not called THE BIG THREAD THAT ANSWERS ALL YOUR QUESTIONS for nothing. Use it!

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Help regarding save-files and VBA Emulator(pokemon R/S) 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Hiho

First of all I'm new to the forums, and I couldn't find any better suited topic for my question. It's not regarding Pokemon, but the Ruby/Sapphire game on GBA on the VBA emulator. So again, if it's in thw wrong forum, please let me know =D

To my "problem" then. I'm currently playing Pokemon Sapphire on the VBA-emulator. I owned both a copy of GBA and Pokemon Ruby, but I sold my GBA and I prefer just slackplaying on the computer. And I'm currently making a team for the Battle Tower.

However, since I've found no way of getting a few other Pokemon of earlier games/Ruby and TM:s without using cheat codes my first question is: Is there a way to trade on the GBA Emulator with pokemon Sapphire/Ruby on your own computer using a friends save-file or something like that?

My second question right after that would be: If that is possible, how do I do this? How does it work with save-files? As I'm saving using the in-game save, I have no clue about the external save options.

To give you an exampel...

Let's say I've got a Heracross and I want to teach it Earthquake. But I've used my Earthquake TM on another pokemon. My friend however tells me he could trade me his Earthquake TM if it's possible. I thought that maybe he could send me his save-file, or something like that, and I could just trade it over using some kind of program ( saw someone doing something like this with FireRed - http://youtube.com/watch?v=gFjC2qubSi8 ).

So, is any of this possible? Are you able to help me? :)

Thanks a lot for reading, and thanks in advance!

Regards

Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:32 am
Report this post
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

It's actually against Gamespy policy to discuss ROMs and emulators on the forums, so unfortunately your topic doesn't fit into any forums. You may, however, go to our chats and see if anyone is able and willing to help you.

Not to mention that the chats are a lot of fun and a great way to meet our members. :)

Today, in the midst of foreplay, this girl tells me I am so hot, I respond "Ditto." She heatedly responds "I love ditto," to which I suavely reply "I didn't know you were into Pokemon. That may make you even sexier." She knows nothing about Pokemon, but I sure know how to kill the mood. FML

{dragonair}

Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:14 am
Report this post
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 2 posts ]