It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:44 am

Forum rules

It's not called THE BIG THREAD THAT ANSWERS ALL YOUR QUESTIONS for nothing. Use it!

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Nintendo Wif-Fi Connection Help 
Just your average 10 year old

I didn't know where to put this, whether Help for obvious reasons, Sinnoh Region since it's Pokémon related, or here since it's a video game thing. Please move if this is the wrong place!

I keep hearing about WFC, and it's 'Hot Spots' but I was always confused by it. Is there anything special you need to buy or anything you have to hook up to get it to run at home.

And if you do go to a 'Hot Spot' does the Wi-Fi there automaticly connect to your DS or is there any special device to plug into your DS?

Sorry for all my questions!

~Beav232

Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:41 pm
Report this post
Lite Four
Lite Four

Actually, this would probably be better suited for the Help forum, so I'll move it there for you.

What kind of connection do you have...? Broadband? Dialup? If you have broadband (DSL, cable, etc.) do you use a wireless router? If it is, you should be able to access the net with your DS (but you might need the WEP and DS doesn't support WPA.)

Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:48 pm
Report this post
Profile WWW
Just your average 10 year old

I use broadband (cable), but I don't think I use a wireless router.

Thanks for moving it.

~Beav232

Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:49 pm
Report this post
Lite Four
Lite Four

You don't or you don't think you use a wireless router? Is there a cord coming out the back of your computer that's hooked into a box with flashing lights on it?

If you don't have a wireless router, you'll need a wireless USB adapter, as found here. If you don't want to buy online then go to Gamestop or another game store and buy one (PSP adapters work for DS too.)

Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:36 am
Report this post
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Hm, also, the wireless routers aren't that expensive (at least mine one), and are safer to use with your DS, since if I remember right, the USB adapter takes the same DS input where the charger is, and as wi-fi makes your battery go down faster, it's not good being unplugged from the charger.
And it's good to remember, that wi-fi routers can be plugged in your normal router, so you can keep the same internet account.

Toasty wrote:
You don't or you don't think you use a wireless router? Is there a cord coming out the back of your computer that's hooked into a box with flashing lights on it?

It also normally have an antenna, that sends wi-fi signal ;) .

Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:34 am
Report this post
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 5 posts ]